Boxer dies following a KO

That is sad. Head trauma is bad for your health.

49 year olds shouldn't be fighting.

Why was he still fighting at 49 yrs old?...

Sad anyway.

RIP.

Sucks for the family and the cornermen, I wouldn't be the same if that happened to my fighter.

Chuck will be just about 49 when he fights Tito....

Comissions need to do something about this to prevent further tragedy.

Chuck will be just about 49 when he fights Tito....

Comissions need to do something about this to prevent further tragedy.
This. Someone needs to save Chuck from himself before we get another death in MMA.

Fuck man that is horrible. Sometimes having no quit in your heart is a bad thing. You can't stay in the game for that long and leave in one piece. My condolence to his family.

Damn, his first KO loss too.

RIP

edit: my bad, I was just looking at his boxing record.

49-year-old, 200+ fights. no one to blame but himself and the 3rd world countries staging his fights.

Outside of the US, was not sanctioned by any US commission, I think the American commissions do a decent enough job with the prefight checks to make sure a guy won't die in there. Who knows what they do out there in Asia, they may not even have any checks at all...

200 fights? Plus sparing?

He must have had mashed potatoes instead of a brain

About 500 boxers have died in the ring or a result from boxing.

That is sad. Most people here with boxing knowledge are probably familiar with Meldrick Taylor. How he was able to get licensed to fight later on in his career is unbelievable.

Too tough for his own good, this is why rules have to be implemented to stop fighters at such an advanced age (for a fighter).
Can't imagine what it would be like to have a loved ones death on film.

Dillon danis shud be thankful for not recieving multiple flying eagle punches

RIP

This is the main reason I think it’s incredibly shitty for fans of any combat sports to look at boxing gloves as ‘pillows’. Anyone who has stepped into the ring knows it isn’t even close to being the case.

"Not real fighting"

- Sherdork

Back