ElvisFan9889

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Just got these from Fed Ex.

Made to order item from https://www.muaythai-fighting.com/

16 oz
Brown/Black

Leather is fantastic, more natural feeling than Twin's special, very, "grainy". feels like the leather you get on a good desk chair

Most comfortable boxing gloves I've ever used. More comfortable than twins special, a little larger in the pocket than twins.

Similar foam to twins, multi-layer, soft outside, stiff inside

The stitching is fantastic, but the leather on these really stands out and is exceptional and natural feeling. Satin inner lining, silky smooth

Wrist support looks flat, but when you tightening the strings, it really does hold your wrist really well. better than twins and top kings.

Haven't used them yet, just an initial impression. these gloves are special.

104f77l.jpg

206ete8.jpg

Very nice gloves. I like the darker brown on those. Mine are slightly lighter but love them..... as will you. great gloves!!!!!!

Is the thumb a good length? I've noticed that the lace-ups have shorter thumbs than the velcro.

Congrats on the gloves and thanks for the review.

Let us know when you use them, we've been getting reports that Boon has been using bad quality leather. Hopefully they have better materials now...

Anyone has a picture of how the brown Boon gloves look like? Do they come in dual colors?

? those in the OP are brown and they come with black palms as the standard

$%28KGrHqJ,!nQE9gI-i!%28bBPqurg1pCQ~~60_35.JPG

bgv1.jpg

2011-06-24222458.jpg

Hmm i honestly thought those in the OP are black, hah must be my partial color blindness. Anyways thanks for the pictures man, can't wait to get my Boon lace ups!

Very nice gloves. I like the darker brown on those. Mine are slightly lighter but love them..... as will you. great gloves!!!!!!

I've just received mine today (12oz lace up). I ordered from monstermuaythai and requested the darkest brown they have. In my room (medium lighting) it looks almost black like the 2nd pic first post. In direct sunlight it looks more like the first pic posted by Minowafanatic.
Only complaint is they sent in white laces :rolleyes:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Just got a pair of H&L Boons from a US distributor (not Title) - who treated me extremely well - but unfortunately the 16oz were the ones with the white powder issue. Other than that they feel good.

Te distributor himself said he will no longer carry Boon because of its poor QC!

A guy at my gym bought 16oz H&L Boons, I wonder how they will hold up.

Just got a pair of H&L Boons from a US distributor (not Title) - who treated me extremely well - but unfortunately the 16oz were the ones with the white powder issue. Other than that they feel good.

Te distributor himself said he will no longer carry Boon because of its poor QC!

How do you know which boons have the white powder issue? I'm looking at the ones at titleboxing

TIA

I bought a pair of Boons about 2 years ago. Been hitting the pads and heavy bag work 2-3 times a week every week since then...still like new.

Last edited:
awesome Stev3 I got a pair of reds on the way, if I like them ill get the traditional brown :D

Nice gloves. How long did you wait???

Ill be in Thailand this winter on my way home for vacation to the USA, if anybody wants boons I can get some while im there and post them when im in the states.

How do you know which boons have the white powder issue? I'm looking at the ones at titleboxing

TIA
I bought a pair of Boons last September from TITLE and they had the white powder. I didn't think much of it--It looked like talcum or baby powder. Are you worried about inhaling it? There is a very minor link between talc--in its natural form--and cancer. However, modern manufactured talc powder is supposed to be safe.

The gloves were and are still great btw. I'm sorry to hear that some batches have been having qc issues. What a shame.

Back