Bold prediction: Fedor will win the GP & make his naysayers to eat their words.

I hope McDonald takes it. Balls of steel.

Imagine that; 170lbs McDonald vs 265lbs Mitrione.

Big Fedor fan but the Mitrione loss was too much for me. Had excuses for the Werdum fight. Had them for the bigfoot fight.
Had lots of em for the Hendo fight.

But the Mitrione fight opened my eyes to what people have seen for ages. Fedor is over the hill (hurts me typing this).

first of all fedor did not LOSE to maldonado. if anything it was a draw, people seem to forget the fact that fedor pieced him the fuck up the first minute of the first round then rounds two and three were all fedor, fabio was a punching bag. That being said, Fedor is totally shot. He's broke and he's doing this for the money. His heart isn't in it like it used to be and he's ok with getting smashed to make ends meet. I honestly don't blame him for extending his name value for all of its shelf life. He may still look fast as fuck hitting pads but his chin and his reflexes are shot. He is complacent being a head hunter. Mir is going to submit him and i love fedor been an absolute fedor junkie for close to 15 years. His time is way gone.

my take:
Mir vs Fedor- MIR by cage stall and opportunistic openings because Fedor is a wild swinging brawler now
Rampage vs chael- Chael by wrestlefuck.
Mitrione vs Roy- Roy. idk why i just have a feeling it will go down as it did 6 years ago.
Mo vs Bader- my gut says Mo because he has more power and is probably a better wrestler on paper but man Bader is firing on all cylinders lately. Bader.

Mir vs Chael- Mir but chael will probably put up a heck of a fight
Roy vs Bader- Roy i think its a bad matchup for ryan even though Roy is a one trick pony with suspect cardio now

mir vs roy- Have to go with Mir he just has more ways to win and totally sonned him when they fought years ago. Neither of them has improved at all and if anything they have both declined at the same rate. Roy is more competitive because of his chin, but Mir still has the superior skill set.

This isn't really a bold prediction. Pretty much every fighter in the tournament aside from Sonnen has a good chance to win the whole thing.

Fedor is my favorite fighter and IMO prime Fedor absolutely murders everyone in this tournament at any point in their respective careers. But the issue is that Fedor isn't the fighter he used to be. The biggest concern is his ability to take punches and his reckless style.

If Fedor fights with more poise and uses all his tools and keeps his chin tucked and his hands up he could very well win this whole tournament with ease.

Frank Mir is slow and doesn't have great boxing defense so Fedor has a good chance of landing his punches. If Fedor lands he will likely hurt Mir and could stop him.

Fedor has great submission defense and vicious punches on the ground. He is still pretty explosive and he has good submissions off his back. If he takes any fighter down he will hurt them badly with his ground and pound. If fighters like sonnen, bader, mo or nelson take him down they would all be vulnerable to his armbar attempts.

Mir is the only fighter who poses a threat to Fedor from a submission standpoint. On the feet every fighter other than Sonnen has the power to hurt Fedor but other then Rampage they are all very hittable.
Way to mention Fedor as being passed his “prime”. Like every other fighter in the tourney isn’t besides Bader and Mitrione. Mitrione probably is anyways being that he 40 and has more wear and tear than anyone in the tourney from his football career.

No he won't even get past Mir. I don't think Fedor is a fraction of the fighter he was. He has nothing left to gain and is in dander of sliding further down the all time rankings.

I'd love to see him win but there are very few winnable fights for him in the tournament. Even if he gets a win over Mir I'll be very happy.

Technically you'd think Fedor should be able to out strike him but he is very sloppy and predictable now, easy to hit too.. Punchers chance given Mirs chin but that's about it

God knows I want Fedor to win, but am I the only one who thinks Bader is going to win the whole thing fairly easily?

Fedor could shock the world all it takes is one punch that's all he has now in prime he could dominate a 20 minute fight

But I don't have much hope for fedor he's shot

Dudes old and warn the fuck out.

It's just a paycheque now, nothing more.

giphy.gif

It is only bold if you post the betting slip.

Fedor gonna beat mir his power is too much rampage rampage can ko him but it would be exciting

It really boggles my mind that they would give Fedor someone like Mir in the first fight. What kind of business sense would that make, if these fights are on the level?

It really boggles my mind that they would give Fedor someone like Mir in the first fight. What kind of business sense would that make, if these fights are on the level?

I think Fedor matches up well with Frank, certainly not as big of a lock in as Fedor vs Chael but Fedor is quicker than Mir, he should be okay defending Mirs takedowns and Mir isn't known for durability.

If Fedor fights smart he could win, however if he get in the pocket and starts recklessly swinging haymakers Mir has a good chance of landing something, much like his fight with Todd Duffee.

I think Mo & Bader could out wrestle Fedor or at least, bully him against the cage. Page is tough and has good boxing, he could counter Fedor with something. Mitrione & Roy are nightmare match ups for Fedor.

The whole thing doesn't make sense to me, they could of easily made this a 16 man tournament with more legitimate heavyweights. Why Lashley or Kongo isn't in this makes no sense.

I would love nothing more for that to be true.......but it's not going to happen.

Back