Bold prediction: Fedor will win the GP & make his naysayers to eat their words.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mark my words.

#FedorGOAT.

That would be fucking wonderful, but my heart has been broken too many times now to become emotionally invested this time.

I'd even favour Sonnen to beat Fedor at this point

i wouldnt call that a bold "prediction". its more of a, 'i want this to happen and im going to say it until it does' "prediction"

I think fedor is the worst guy in the tournament along with middleweight/lw sonnen who is to small old and weak at this point

SF GP all over again.

"Hegel remarks somewhere that all great world-historic facts and personages appear, so to speak, twice. He forgot to add: the first time as tragedy, the second time as farce."

This isn't really a bold prediction. Pretty much every fighter in the tournament aside from Sonnen has a good chance to win the whole thing.

Fedor is my favorite fighter and IMO prime Fedor absolutely murders everyone in this tournament at any point in their respective careers. But the issue is that Fedor isn't the fighter he used to be. The biggest concern is his ability to take punches and his reckless style.

If Fedor fights with more poise and uses all his tools and keeps his chin tucked and his hands up he could very well win this whole tournament with ease.

Frank Mir is slow and doesn't have great boxing defense so Fedor has a good chance of landing his punches. If Fedor lands he will likely hurt Mir and could stop him.

Fedor has great submission defense and vicious punches on the ground. He is still pretty explosive and he has good submissions off his back. If he takes any fighter down he will hurt them badly with his ground and pound. If fighters like sonnen, bader, mo or nelson take him down they would all be vulnerable to his armbar attempts.

Mir is the only fighter who poses a threat to Fedor from a submission standpoint. On the feet every fighter other than Sonnen has the power to hurt Fedor but other then Rampage they are all very hittable.

Fedor is not the biggest favorite nor the biggest underdog, but is somewhere in the middle at +500 to win the tournament.

It’s an awful tournament full of lhws, so it could happen but it really won’t be impressive.

That is bold. But let us know how much $ you bet on it.

Fedor hasn't looked good in a long time. He hasn't evolved, he still throws the same strikes he did in PRIDEFC, he chooses to stand and trade. His chin is not solid, he won't win. I love the guy, but he's gonna get knocked out.

Everyone is out due to PED failures. EVERYONE.

This isn't really a bold prediction. Pretty much every fighter in the tournament aside from Sonnen has a good chance to win the whole thing.

Chael would beat Fedor at this point.

Back