• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

PlayStation Bloodborne Megathread, v.4

The git gud stuff is just a meme. Nobody really cares. Everyone goes through the same process when they first start playing these games so the jokes are just playful ribbing because we all remember what it was like.
Yeah, it can be in good fun, but I don't find it helpful to new players, just like that "prepare to die" slogan.

No one in my circle will even touch Souls games because of the difficulty stigma. They're really not that hard once you get it

Yeah, it can be in good fun, but I don't find it helpful to new players, just like that "prepare to die" slogan.

No one in my circle will even touch Souls games because of the difficulty stigma. They're really not that hard once you get it
Agreed. I find platformers way harder.

Your friends are lucky. Once they finally get over the stigma, they'll have a big backlog to enjoy.

Agreed. I find platformers way harder.

Your friends are lucky. Once they finally get over the stigma, they'll have a big backlog to enjoy.
The only thing I don't like about Souls proper games are the long runs to the bosses. Everyone is just able to run past enemies anyway, so why bother with the journey for most of them. In some cases it makes it better, like the Blue Smelter Demon in DS2, but it can fuck off for the most part lol

That's one thing i really loved about Code Vein. I hope they make a sequel too, I loved the skill/perk system, just needed better level design.

Yeah after looking at a Youtube vid on the cleric beast, I see the player doesnt use the gun whatsoever and that he dodges to the sides, not back. Normally I wouldnt watch a YT vid this soon, but the game has my echoes under hostage and thats unacceptable.

I come from a God of War lover, so I am used to hack n slash, but Ive played other games where you have to parry. I can be patient in between screaming. (all of you would laugh, half my jaw is unmovable so I am sound like a pissed off Sloth while looking like Shrek)

I have found a shit load of items, including a Saw Spear. Should I upgrade this or the Hunter axe?
Saw Spear and the hunter axe are both great for the first half of the game or so. I prefer the saw Spear for regular enemies and hunter axe for bosses. It's all preference though, I'd just go with whichever you like the feel of.

Saw Spear and the hunter axe are both great for the first half of the game or so. I prefer the saw Spear for regular enemies and hunter axe for bosses. It's all preference though, I'd just go with whichever you like the feel of.
Im asking cuz I dont want to waste resources on bum equipment.

This happens to me a lot in games. I store a lot of shit, thinking ill use these upgrades for something better....then im near the end of the game and I never get a chance to make the journey less stressful because I was thinking I will need this shit more later.

Just killed the Cleric Beast and see the next checkpoint, thank fucking christ.

How come the doll is sometimes not in the Dream? Or why does she sit some times?

Just killed the Cleric Beast and see the next checkpoint, thank fucking christ.

How come the doll is sometimes not in the Dream? Or why does she sit some times?
She's still there. She just moves around sometimes.

The only thing I don't like about Souls proper games are the long runs to the bosses. Everyone is just able to run past enemies anyway, so why bother with the journey for most of them. In some cases it makes it better, like the Blue Smelter Demon in DS2, but it can fuck off for the most part lol

That's one thing i really loved about Code Vein. I hope they make a sequel too, I loved the skill/perk system, just needed better level design.
The runbacks are horrible. They have improved some since Demon Souls at least but yeah, still frustrating if you get stuck on a boss for a while. The ideal scenario is you have to fight through the level before unlocking a shortcut that gives you a shorter path to the boss.

I still haven't played Code Vein but it's on my wishlist. Just waiting for a big sale.

This fucking game...I tell ya.

So I killed the cleric beast and noticed there werent any paths behind him, so...back pedal we go. I get my ass kicked constantly from the 2 werewolves Ive already beaten, watch another beginner youtube vid about buying garments at the Bath to help with defense, get it, hardly helps, but I eventually get past the shit ive already gotten past.

Since I have zero idea where to go, I decided to go after that piggy. Kill it in the 1st try. ...christ..

Now I notice I had enough echoes to level up, but I am so far away from the lanterns that I may as well truck on... Then I come to the next boss I suppose. Another hunter that has a name that starts with Father. I die and let me guess, hes now got my echoes under hostage, just like the cleric did?

Back to grinding, I suppose..

So I killed the cleric beast and noticed there werent any paths behind him, so...back pedal we go. I get my ass kicked constantly from the 2 werewolves Ive already beaten, watch another beginner youtube vid about buying garments at the Bath to help with defense, get it, hardly helps, but I eventually get past the shit ive already gotten past.

Since I have zero idea where to go, I decided to go after that piggy. Kill it in the 1st try. ...christ..

Now I notice I had enough echoes to level up, but I am so far away from the lanterns that I may as well truck on... Then I come to the next boss I suppose. Another hunter that has a name that starts with Father. I die and let me guess, hes now got my echoes under hostage, just like the cleric did?

I literally mentioned to you dont have to kill every enemy, if you killed them before. Just run. You dont need to grind....

I literally mentioned to you dont have to kill every enemy, if you killed them before. Just run. You dont need to grind....
How else do I make up echoes or get them back?

How else do I make up echoes or get them back?
You'll get into a rut, you'll grind sometimes in this game but its too early for that. Learn enemy patterns and boss patterns. Itll seem hard, but trust me, its real simple once you figure it out. Usually is a 1 or 2 step strategy and you repeat that until a boss is dead.

The repetition in clearing Yharnam over and over again is useful though, and I assume by design. It forces you to get better at the mechanics before you go on to the next level, which is important because the enemies will probably be harder.

If you're having trouble during the Father Gascoigne fight, check if you have the item "Tiny Music Box". It'll come in handy during the last phase of the fight. If not, go find it in central Yharnam by talking to someone at a door with a light near the sewer shortcut.

Also after you beat him, this opens up a good spot for farming blood vials.. run back and forth between the Gascoigne lamp to the first lamp you unlocked in central Yharnam, using the bridge and the elevator shortcut. Kill all the enemies on the bridge and the two fatties, rinse and repeat. If you do this a few times you'll have enough to keep you going for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're having trouble during the Father Gascoigne fight, check if you have the item "Tiny Music Box". It'll come in handy during the last phase of the fight. If not, go find it in central Yharnam by talking to someone at a door with a light near the sewer shortcut.

Also after you beat him, this opens up a good spot for farming blood vials.. run back and forth between the Gascoigne lamp to the first lamp you unlocked in central Yharnam, using the bridge and the elevator shortcut. Kill all the enemies on the bridge and the two fatties, rinse and repeat. If you do this a few times you'll have enough to keep you going for a while.
If only the door opened behind Cleric Beast. Yharnam would be a fun farming run.

I do have the music box. Shall i put it in an item slot?

I do have the music box. Shall i put it in an item slot?
Sure for the fight. But please guys no spoilers for him, he'll struggle, but he'll have truly earned that feeling of beating Gascoigne.

That rush is insane. I killed the fucker with a sliver of health on my first ever run. I dont want people to rob that from you.

Sure for the fight. But please guys no spoilers for him, he'll struggle, but he'll have truly earned that feeling of beating Gascoigne.

That rush is insane. I killed the fucker with a sliver of health on my first ever run. I dont want people to rob that from you.
yeah youre right. Ill only ask for shit going forward when im shitting blood.

Speaking of which, wish this game had more gore.

Everytime I lose to this cheap motherfucker, its cuz I am cornered.

I did play the music box when he changed, but...didnt know what it was going to do, so I wasted it.

Back