PlayStation Bloodborne Megathread, v.4

That vid is perfect. Thanks. Dont know where my storage or upgrade table is tho..
Glad to help, have a run around in the hunter's dream, its inside the building with the old man...

Same story here. Still in Central Yarnam.

Played the game oder a year ago, and kept getting to the part with the bonfire and somehow getting killed by the mob or wolves and then getting respawned back at the beginning and thought fuck this.

I want to beat this game though, so ifd come back. Let's see how far I get lol.

I've watched a few you tube vids to get some tips ( the fightingcowboy ones are good) just to get past the first boss and see how things go from there.

( I can see a world where I get past the first level, now that I know how to throw pebblesq, use the molotov and pistol!!!!)

So now im wondering if this is gonna be a where the fuck do i go kinda game.

After watching that vid, i was on the lookout for a insight upgrade. Found it in the ?trenches? I then a shit load more shit, walked into an elevator, which fucking took me back to the beginning where i died. Fucking cheap.

This time i spawned into the hunters dream where that bitch was present to upgrade me...but i died so i have zero blood echoes.

So....now, i can grind yes? Please tell me they will let me do that? Id like to make 1 level up by now.

Also, after that, where do i go?

Same story here. Still in Central Yarnam.

Played the game oder a year ago, and kept getting to the part with the bonfire and somehow getting killed by the mob or wolves and then getting respawned back at the beginning and thought fuck this.

I want to beat this game though, so ifd come back. Let's see how far I get lol.

I've watched a few you tube vids to get some tips ( the fightingcowboy ones are good) just to get past the first boss and see how things go from there.

( I can see a world where I get past the first level, now that I know how to throw pebblesq, use the molotov and pistol!!!!)
Yeah. Doing shit over and over isnt hard, its annoying bullshit. That kinda shit isnt fun.

If everyone and i mean everyone is gonna respawn, then my bullets, molotovs, blood vials should too. Unneccessary aggravation.

So now im wondering if this is gonna be a where the fuck do i go kinda game.

It is.

I have this strange feeling that you're not gonna like this game.

All the shit you're complaining about, is just normal Fromsoft game design. It's not gonna get easier, I assure you. Do you have what it takes to hit back and conquer it? This is the question you need to ask yourself. It ain't no joke. You're not gonna eventually find the zone where it smooths out and plays more traditionally. What you're playing right now is the basic structure of the game, so you better learn to love it if you plan on continuing on.

Twas $20 and I am stuck at home from oral surgery.

Ok, what the fuck. I know its supposed to be hard, but hard to me isnt being required to do shit ive already done. Thats called annoying.

That said, I am at the beginning. Found my shitty weapons in the hunters dream, killed the wolf, now I am in a city of some sorts.

On my first couple playthroughs, I didnt know the controls, let alone know what the hell you press to gain health back. I also didnt know I would run out of bullets. This is where a tutorial or instruction manual can come in handy.

Now, I know some of the controls, know what fills up health, and know where to get bullets. But now, I am out of BOTH! I keep killing he same scarecrow looking motherfuckers, just to slip up, get hit, then have to do the god damn thing over again.

Is there a block button? A quick turn?

I see all these assholes gather around a lit up tree, so I thought, Ill sneak up to the top and toss a molotov. Nope, they see me before I get into position, then its rinse, repeat.

Is there a way to bypass these guys?

This game has got some fun potential, I can feel it, but doing shit repeatedly, when ive already done them is WORK. I earned what to see next, so let me in.

I suck

I was in your shoes here, young grasshopper. Not too long ago (check the OG Bloodborne thread).
But once it clicked, I played and finished the game 5 times in a row. Then bought, played n finished the other From Software games (Sekiro and Dark Souls 3).

It’s that good.

Stick at it.

I grinded the first part of the game for awhile leveling up my character with souls. I got so good I would just run thru that loop over and over collecting souls and ranking up. Then I would move on until I came to another difficult spot. Then I would grind for awhile again..

That's how I played these games.

Yeah. Doing shit over and over isnt hard, its annoying bullshit. That kinda shit isnt fun.

If everyone and i mean everyone is gonna respawn, then my bullets, molotovs, blood vials should too. Unneccessary aggravation.
You dont need to keep killing the same guys again and again. Run past everyone to get to where you were before, but be careful. Sometimes youre running away and die due to traps etc.

Just play the game. Explore and learn the area and how the shortcuts can make traversal quicker.

It is.

I have this strange feeling that you're not gonna like this game.

All the shit you're complaining about, is just normal Fromsoft game design. It's not gonna get easier, I assure you. Do you have what it takes to hit back and conquer it? This is the question you need to ask yourself. It ain't no joke. You're not gonna eventually find the zone where it smooths out and plays more traditionally. What you're playing right now is the basic structure of the game, so you better learn to love it if you plan on continuing on.
I keep coming back because it seems that when I die, its MY fault. For instance, I would forget which L button is the gun and which transforms, or I would use the gun too soon or too late to stun, or my favorite, hitting Up instead of square, to throw a molotov, only to sacrifice life for bullets, while a brick troll is raping me.

Since my last post, Ive died 5x trying to get back to my blood puddle. I finally did and leveled up strength 1 point.

I gotta take a fucking break. Screaming when half your face moves cuz the other half is still numb from surgery isnt a good purge.

Why the fuck is there no pause button!?

I grinded the first part of the game for awhile leveling up my character with souls. I got so good I would just run thru that loop over and over collecting souls and ranking up. Then I would move on until I came to another difficult spot. Then I would grind for awhile again..

That's how I played these games.
I may as well do that since Im clumsy with the controls. I kept fucking pressing X instead on O to roll away.. Must be thinking of another game. X is usually a jump button, come to think of it.

I keep coming back because it seems that when I die, its MY fault.

It usually is, which is why it's hard to call their games "cheap" no matter how many times it kicks your ass. It's seriously why people keep playing them, despite what an ass fucking the games are. They give you just enough to stay confident that you don't need to be some Japanese savant to beat it. It's all very manageable, it's just naturally hard and gives you very little room for error.

Just know that all that routine you're going through right now is essentially training you and getting you acquainted with it's design.

That's honestly a valid complaint. They went a little too far with that shit. I can understand if you're playing online or whatever, but even if you're just playing offline, it's still not there. They did finally add one with "Sekiro", and it didn't hurt the "hardcore" experience at all.

Is this the game with the player written notes warning you about shit thats just about to happen? I found that so off putting, I also didnt really know what was going on story wise.. Ill probably revisit it at some point.

Twas $20 and I am stuck at home from oral surgery.

Ok, what the fuck. I know its supposed to be hard, but hard to me isnt being required to do shit ive already done. Thats called annoying.

That said, I am at the beginning. Found my shitty weapons in the hunters dream, killed the wolf, now I am in a city of some sorts.

On my first couple playthroughs, I didnt know the controls, let alone know what the hell you press to gain health back. I also didnt know I would run out of bullets. This is where a tutorial or instruction manual can come in handy.

Now, I know some of the controls, know what fills up health, and know where to get bullets. But now, I am out of BOTH! I keep killing he same scarecrow looking motherfuckers, just to slip up, get hit, then have to do the god damn thing over again.

Is there a block button? A quick turn?

I see all these assholes gather around a lit up tree, so I thought, Ill sneak up to the top and toss a molotov. Nope, they see me before I get into position, then its rinse, repeat.

Is there a way to bypass these guys?

This game has got some fun potential, I can feel it, but doing shit repeatedly, when ive already done them is WORK. I earned what to see next, so let me in.

I suck
Steep learning curve but once you get it down, its not so bad.
Is the online active in this game?

Steep learning curve but once you get it down, its not so bad.
Is the online active in this game?
Not in mine. Cant have tourists while im figuring things out.

I keep coming back because it seems that when I die, its MY fault. For instance, I would forget which L button is the gun and which transforms, or I would use the gun too soon or too late to stun, or my favorite, hitting Up instead of square, to throw a molotov, only to sacrifice life for bullets, while a brick troll is raping me.

Since my last post, Ive died 5x trying to get back to my blood puddle. I finally did and leveled up strength 1 point.

I gotta take a fucking break. Screaming when half your face moves cuz the other half is still numb from surgery isnt a good purge.

It's all your fault

You plague ridden rat

I keep coming back because it seems that when I die, its MY fault.
Perfect. You suck but you know you suck, and you'll want to get better. The whole point of games is to overcome challenges imo.

The game is really forgiving with its invincibility frames using the dodges. Make sure you use them.

You'll want help when you get to some of the bosses.
Every boss is beatable by yourself, and trust me even when they seem unbeatable, they can still be beat. I never play these games with help on a first playthrough, because the whole point is for the challenge. Getting help literally makes bosses a cakewalk. Id rather get the rush you get with beating a hard boss, but to each his own.

LOL at the TS posts raging at this game I especially liked this

“ or my favorite, hitting Up instead of square, to throw a molotov, only to sacrifice life for bullets, while a brick troll is raping me.”

haven’t played blood borne and probably never will but I have played some NiOh2 and can relate somewhat. My favorite is when im running through a level pretty easily and then die to some hole I didn’t see and then after respawning all of a sudden all the chumps I slaughtered started beating my ass. Tilting in video games is a real thing and when it happens in these types of games it can cause a lot of rage

From Software games are unforgiving not impossibly hard.

Honestly it sounds like you’re kinda button bashing, hack n slash style, that will get you fucked up in double quick time.

Every single enemy in Bloodborne can be defeated single handed without taking much if any damage if you take the time to learn their attacks, a well timed dodge opens up chances for heavy damage.

The gun isn’t really for killing, it’s for parrying, timed properly stuns enemies which then leaves them open for visceral attacks.

As for where to go, it’s pretty much explore and find out, no follow this X to next objective here.

It usually is, which is why it's hard to call their games "cheap" no matter how many times it kicks your ass. It's seriously why people keep playing them, despite what an ass fucking the games are. They give you just enough to stay confident that you don't need to be some Japanese savant to beat it. It's all very manageable, it's just naturally hard and gives you very little room for error.

Just know that all that routine you're going through right now is essentially training you and getting you acquainted with it's design.

That's honestly a valid complaint. They went a little too far with that shit. I can understand if you're playing online or whatever, but even if you're just playing offline, it's still not there. They did finally add one with "Sekiro", and it didn't hurt the "hardcore" experience at all.
Lmao there was a chalice dungeon where red spiders aggro to you as soon as you spawn at the lamp. I went to take a shit and died 6 times over by the time I'd gotten back. Lost my echoes. The no pause button really is a detriment.

Back