Blagoy Ivanov vs JDS

Junior looked gun shy against Overeem but looked phenomenal against Rothwell. But then looked slow and prodding against Stipe again. I'd say Junior is on his way out, unfortunately. I'm not familiar with Ivanov though, is he a wrestler?

He's a Sambo world champion and judoka. Hes the one that dethroned Fedor at the Sambo World Championships. Was also the WSOF champ with 3 defenses.

Ivanov can't strike and his wrestling is not nearly on a level to threaten JDS with a takedown.

That 16-1 record is against cans, dude got KO'd by a short clinch punch from Volkov.

Easy night for JDS to get back on track with a KO.

-That was 4 years ago.

- And yes he can strike.... especially when JDS is suspectible to backing up with his chin in the air.

- His wrestling may not take him down. But his judo might.

Just watched some of his fights, dude sure can swing some wild leather. JDS of recent years would've surely made mincemeat from this guy 9/10 times. A more gunshy JDS with a bit of ring rust might wear something early.
I doubt he'll ever sniff a champs belt but he should provide some fun fights.
Winner of this should fight Tuivasa

In support of my previous post, I just slipped a sneaky bet on Ivanov for first round KO. Only 5 bucks but will make the first round more exciting i guess! $5 at 8.5 for a $45 win.

Capture.JPG

Fitting in with the modern society doesn't make you a gay.

giphy.gif

he doesnt look like this:
61bjJsUufkL._SY355_.jpg

It would be okay, but not necessary at all.

giphy.gif

he doesnt look like this:
61bjJsUufkL._SY355_.jpg

It would be okay, but not necessary at all.

Actually he kinda does lol He wouldn't be required to get ride of his uni-brows since he fights for living and wouldn't ever need to find a normal job.
However, If he was a normal person like me and you, It would've been very unwise for him to stay that way as how he looks affects the way society treats him.

What's with the breathing jokes? Is it coz of his collapsed lung?
Ivanov prolly gon get starched, and Im saying it as an eastern Euro myself...

I love JDS but this might be a tough one for him. I hope he comes in very prepared. He can't make the slightest mistake and get stopped again early. I favor him if this goes the distance, and maybe a late finish from him

Ivanov can't strike and his wrestling is not nearly on a level to threaten JDS with a takedown.

That 16-1 record is against cans, dude got KO'd by a short clinch punch from Volkov.

Easy night for JDS to get back on track with a KO.
Oh man I hope you're right.

JDS coming back off the shelf to a highlight reel KO would make my day.

A lot of you dont realize that Ivanov was nearly stabbed to death via swords and was in a coma for months and could have easily died. His facial expression which is being made fun of is probably the direct result of nerve damage in his neck where he has a big ass stab wound.

Pre stabbing Ivanov would have beaten the fuck out of the current, shot, post USADA, post Cain maulings JDS. The current Ivanov will be competitive with current JDS but it could go either way really.

Im hoping Ivanov knocks this brazzo out.

-That was 4 years ago.

- And yes he can strike.... especially when JDS is suspectible to backing up with his chin in the air.

- His wrestling may not take him down. But his judo might.

- Chin doesn't magically improve with time

- He can't, never could

- JDS will stuff him with ease

I'll bump this after the fight. This one is a lock.

Back