Blagoy Ivanov vs JDS

- Chin doesn't magically improve with time

- He can't, never could

- JDS will stuff him with ease

I'll bump this after the fight. This one is a lock.

Sure, go ahead and bump it if JDS wins.

I don't want to see you bragging about it though..... since according to you it will just be JDS beating up a can.

Sure, go ahead and bump it if JDS wins.

I don't want to see you bragging about it though..... since according to you it will just be JDS beating up a can.

I won't be bragging about JDS beating a can, I'll be bragging about my correct prediction. Blagoi isn't a can, but he also isn't top 5 material.

Are you taking Blagoi in this one?

I won't be bragging about JDS beating a can, I'll be bragging about my correct prediction. Blagoi isn't a can, but he also isn't top 5 material.

Are you taking Blagoi in this one?

I think I slightly want Blagoi to win but I have no idea who will.

I would favor a younger, less damaged JDS because I think his boxing style is a tough match-up for Ivanov. However, JDS is older, slower and has taken a lot of punishment while Blagoi is younger, still quite fresh and still improving. His striking has actually come a long way. Also, Blagoi isn't a wrestler so if he gets the clinch he may be able to take JDS down. We've never actually seen him against a judoka at all.

In other words, I wouldn't be surprised at all if either of them won. It'll be interesting to see though.

Hard to say Blagoi isn't top 5 material. We have to see how he does in this big test before you can really judge. Derrick Lewis, Ngannou, Blaydes, Volkov and Overeem are all in the top 6 and are all pretty damn beatable.

That fight was like a chokeslam to the dick.

@PEDS Help me Post

<WellThere>

Even with JDS looking terrible, he 50-45'd.

Blagoi is not top 10 material. Feed him to Ngannou.

How does not beating JDS mean you're not top 10 material?

The champion doesn't have a win over JDS. Neither does Ngannou, Lewis, Volkov, Hunt, Tybura, or Tuivasa.

They're somehow all still in the top 10 though.

UFC HW division seems too shallow.

Blagoy's footwork seemed lacking, his hands slow, too lethargic, zero gameplan, no sexy sambo throws. Corner advice was shitty too.

How does not beating JDS mean you're not top 10 material?

The champion doesn't have a win over JDS. Neither does Ngannou, Lewis, Volkov, Hunt, Tybura, or Tuivasa.

They're somehow all still in the top 10 though.
Did you watch the fight?

Who in the top ten can you see him beating?

Did you watch the fight?

Who in the top ten can you see him beating?

I could see him beating Overeem, Lewis, Hunt, Tybura, Tuivasa. I wouldnt have Blaydes or Ngannou as really huge favorites over him either, especially after Ng's last performance.

Back