Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

Ok lol I figured this was a low IQ trap.

Also...

You got fantasies of other dudes looking at dicks or something? Where is this coming from lol?
The fact that you are hating.

They're 2 compeltely different characters you moron. What the fuck don't you get. There is nothing lazy about it. There is an entire universe and back sTory written for Miles Morales.

Black superman has been done in grant Morrisons final crisis. Nothing you say makes a bit of sense and you sound like a complete idiot on top of it all
He was bitten by a radioactive spider. Nothing familiar here at all. Totally new. Never seen it before. Such creative. Much wow.

I should write comics.

Wait wait wait guys. You’ll never believe it. Pakistani wonderwoman

Or my real masterpiece
A Mongolian transsexual midget who believes I. The gold standard BUT is also Batman

It was okay as a movie. Visually it was obviously dope because it's Disney. As far as Black excitement over the movie... I think it speaks more to the state of the country.

Yeah there have been black super heros before but never with this much industry power behind.

1. It did incorporate African culture in a way that has not been done before on such a level

2. I still see it as a cash grab geared towards blacks specifically.

3. I didn't see it as a "black movie" besides the cast and director most of the elements of the movie (Dialogue, plot and humor) were white more so typically Hollywood.

The reason for the excitement is obviously the disparity between blacks being portrayed negatively in movies usually as criminals and undesirables. Versus being portrayed as an intelligent, rich and powerful hero king.

It was okay as a movie. Visually it was obviously dope because it's Disney. As far as Black excitement over the movie... I think it speaks more to the state of the country.

Yeah there have been black super heros before but never with this much industry power behind.

1. It did incorporate African culture in a way that has not been done before on such a level

2. I still see it as a cash grab geared towards blacks specifically.

3. I didn't see it as a "black movie" besides the cast and director most of the elements of the movie (Dialogue, plot and humor) were white more so typically Hollywood.

The reason for the excitement is obviously the disparity between blacks being portrayed negatively in movies usually as criminals and undesirables. Versus being portrayed as an intelligent, rich and powerful hero king.
It is a good character. Be interesting if he gets tied into the defenders and other movies or how hey play all this stuff.

What are you implying? That The Dark Knight and Batman Begins aren't better than the shit tier Marvel movies that plebeians eat up?
As I've already said. I was referring to get other film he listed.

wow all the anger over a black superhero movie, a movie no one is forced to see?

some people must have all of their major problems sorted out to be spending their time getting mad about this.

Imagine that, in what feels like every movie, every white guy is this guy

road-trip.gif

You now have an insight into what it's like watching movies as a black person in America.

Yes, it's nice to feel positively and non-stereotypically represented.

Denzel Washington, Wesley Snipes and Will Smith have given Black people Black characters that are great role models for young black men.

I am not talking about Training Day, Demolition Man, or Bad Boys. I am talking about movies like Man on Fire, Crimson Tide, Philadelphia, Jungle Fever, White Men Cant Jump, Sugar Hill, Blade, Enemy of the State, I Robot, Pursuit of Happiness, etc.

I loved this fucking movie as a kid, and no one celebrated it for having a black guy as the lead character...? It was just appreciated, or hated, based on it's individual merit.

blade-movie-poster-1998-1020474001.jpg

Great Comic Book Movie. EVerything about it was sharp

Why does this thread have so many posts?

Is the alt-right really this upset about a black super hero movie?

He was bitten by a radioactive spider. Nothing familiar here at all. Totally new. Never seen it before. Such creative. Much wow.

I should write comics.

Wait wait wait guys. You’ll never believe it. Pakistani wonderwoman

Or my real masterpiece
A Mongolian transsexual midget who believes I. The gold standard BUT is also Batman

Omg you’re so dumb it hurts. Like really really dumb. There are countless characters that shared the spotlight with the same character.

Wally West became the flash. Kyle Rayner took Hal Jordan’s place plus countless other characters that were given a green lantern ring. There were many different spider men as well. Doc Ock, Ben Reilly,spider man 2099.

That’s how comic books work. Infinite universes with different versions of the characters.

Miles Morales has a completely different power set compared to peter Parker. His universe is different. His supporting cast is different. Everything is different outside the name “spider man”

You coukdnt write a Bazooka Joe comic strip let alone a popular ongoing comic book series for many many years. I doubt someone as dumb as you could write a lunch order.

Is Hostiles any good? Trailer looks like it has potential and I like Christian Bale and Rosamund Pike.

Anyway, I generally agree. I don't have a problem with the idea that people will gravitate to positive representations of their in group but in this case that instinct is being used to hype a movie that to me seems pretty average when compared to other films in its genre and that bugs me. The dominance of the Marvel films seems to me, as you suggest, to encourage mediocrity.

I haven't seen it but I'm a huge fan of Christian Bale too and for this reason alone I will see it. This guy has dignity, a lot of it. After a while, many great actors throw dignity out the window in exchange of some pocket change. Take for example Robert De Niro, who went from greatness to bum. Did you see the movies he starred in the past decade? It's borderline film prostitution. I don't think he even reads the script anymore and jumps feet first at any opportunity to make money. Bale on the other hand has been consistent over time.

I haven't seen it but I'm a huge fan of Christian Bale too and for this reason alone I will see it. This guy has dignity, a lot of it. After a while, many great actors throw dignity out the window in exchange of some pocket change. Take for example Robert De Niro, who went from greatness to bum. Did you see the movies he starred in the past decade? It's borderline film prostitution. I don't think he even reads the script anymore and jumps feet first at any opportunity to make money. Bale on the other hand has been consistent over time.

Machinist was brilliant,

and IDGAF...Equilibrium was a damn good film.

Omg you’re so dumb it hurts. Like really really dumb. There are countless characters that shared the spotlight with the same character.

Wally West became the flash. Kyle Rayner took Hal Jordan’s place plus countless other characters that were given a green lantern ring. There were many different spider men as well. Doc Ock, Ben Reilly,spider man 2099.

That’s how comic books work. Infinite universes with different versions of the characters.

Miles Morales has a completely different power set compared to peter Parker. His universe is different. His supporting cast is different. Everything is different outside the name “spider man”

You coukdnt write a Bazooka Joe comic strip let alone a popular ongoing comic book series for many many years. I doubt someone as dumb as you could write a lunch order.
It’s boring and lazy

The same audience that goes to see Friday, Barbershop, and Tyler Perry movies aren't watching this.

White people are buying these tickets.

You’ve been really idiotic lately. When I saw Friday and barbershop in the theater it was a mixed crowd. I wasn’t in some sea of black folks.

A 26 page thread in the War Room about a black comic book superhero. Good Job Sherdog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back