Social Black Panther (War Room Discussion)

Black people wanted to see it because it portrayed Africa in a positive light.

Really you could say that it didn't. It portrayed a fictionalized country with an Afrocentric aesthetic rather than an actual place in Africa.

When you have to find pride in a fantasy film, there's something off about your continent. It's a very entertaining and visually beautiful movie, yet not exactly befitting of social and political reality in Africa. I fully agree that Donald Trump is both petty and vulgar, but was his "shithole" comment so off the mark that people need to rebuke it with a fictional movie?

Or am I just being a party pooper?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/african-viewers-marvel-pride-black-panther-article-1.3827191

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/black-panther-opens-africa-1.4540610
lol how did I miss this thread.

Great opening first post, killed it bud.

White people "have to find pride" in a 74 year-old man-child with the sensitivity of a pre-pubescent school girl, the temperament of a newborn, and the intellect of a toddler. Also, shitty country music.

Seriously, after white identity in North America culminated in the electing of the single most incompetent and embarrassing figure in American political history, you all can shut the fuck up about black people being happy to finally feel represented in popular culture instead of being portrayed as criminals, derelicts, and lust-crazed tropes.

Lol at this pathetic cucklord and all the weaklings falling in line with this post.

This is all made up in your third world level IQ minds.

Really you could say that it didn't. It portrayed a fictionalized country with an Afrocentric aesthetic rather than an actual place in Africa.

Well, if I was being pedantic, it portrayed an idealised version of an African country.

Yes. It's the exact same premise but now Spider-Man's alter ego is named Miles Morales. They did it in the comics years ago but now they're producing a feature-length animated movie for theaters.

Good.

Miles is one of Marvels best newer creations. His comic has been nothing but great since it was first introduced giving him a huge fan base.

And he isn’t peter Parker he’s miles morales. Hes from a different universe than peter Parker.

No reason we can’t have a Miles movie now that we’ve had what? 7 peter Parker films.

Good.

Miles is one of Marvels best newer creations. His comic has been nothing but great since it was first introduced giving him a huge fan base.

And he isn’t peter Parker he’s miles morales. Hes from a different universe than peter Parker.

No reason we can’t have a Miles movie now that we’ve had what? 7 peter Parker films.

This doesn’t feel lazy at all to you?

You know... I searched the Warroom to see if there were any threads like this bashing Harry Potter and its fanbase, checked for Star Wars and Lord of The Rings as well...

Guess what?

Yall mother fuckers thought it was cute and normal for that amount of fanfare to be given to a franchise.

Something tells me there is a racial component to yalls ire...

This doesn’t feel lazy at all to you?

Lol lazy? They’re two completely different characters.

You have no clue what you’re talking about like usual and even less so In regards to comic books.

Peter parker had 7 movies. Simmer down

Your country appears to be dominated by identity politics. The culture war never ended, it just took an explicitly racial and ethnic turn.
If by "Culture war", you mean the pushback to the social upheavals of the 60s, then race was always a part of the Culture War dynamic, right from the very beginning.

The difference is star war people are a tiny % of the population. Black Panther is main stream black culture right now.

Star Wars is main stream on every movie release.

You know... I searched the Warroom to see if there were any threads like this bashing Harry Potter and its fanbase, checked for Star Wars and Lord of The Rings as well...

Guess what?

Yall mother fuckers thought it was cute and normal for that amount of fanfare to be given to a franchise.

none of those movies had people claiming it was their or that the racial component made it important. They were just movies.

Guess what?

Lord of the Rings is actually something special with a deep root in historical myths and culture of Europe.

Adult Harry Potter fans are super-cringe hopping around on brooms at soccer parks, as are adult Star Wars nerds waving their lightsaber toys around at comic-cons. All of them need older siblings to give them a wedgie.

Movie take: the second best movie ever now? LOL.it very well could be. Doubtful. I would never put a action CGI flick near the top 10 personally but whatever.

Political take: It's a comic book movie. I don't have one silly.

Guess what?

This is why thread belongs in Mayberry. We don't do movies in war room. Of course there is no reference.

Blade, hancock, cat woman. But lets keep pretending whites wouldnt let black people play super hero till Obama baptised us all.

Its the pretending that black people couldnt be actors or some shit that is so silly.

Guess what?

Really? I don't remember much political bullshit in those films except maybe in Star Wars. I remember people saying Star Wars was racist actually.

R card is played out son.

Why not just go full troll and say Batman and robin, or the fantastic four?
What are you implying? That The Dark Knight and Batman Begins aren't better than the shit tier Marvel movies that plebeians eat up?

Really? I don't remember much political bullshit in those films except maybe in Star Wars. I remember people saying Star Wars was racist actually.

R card is played out son.

Ah.. So religion wasnt the hot topic for all 3 movies huh? Keep eating that steak Cypher.

Star Wars is main stream on every movie release.

none of those movies had people claiming it was their or that the racial component made it important. They were just movies.
So black kids didnt get roasted for cosplaying the characters from the movies?

Come on man .. At least be honest about the reactions some of yall have to black folks cosplaying as white characters.

Broke my heart when Cap said Hail Hydra.

On a serious note, I do understand why so many people of color are looking forward to and/or inspired by this film..

When there are so many films that degrade and or portray your people as criminal , degenerate and stupid, it's a breath of share to see a fucking superhero that takes shit from no one...that is treated like an equal ...

Yes there are many roles by denzel , Morgan Freeman , etc that have also done this , but black panther seems to be taking this to a whole new level ...

I think this is the same reason why so many of my Asian kin cling to Bruce Lee and his legend, and mystique ...

For the first time ever , an Asian wasn't a fucking bumbling idiot, with a hyperbolic ridiculous accent (eg: breakfast and tiffany) ...with Bruce Lee we had a bad ass Asian on screen...

So yea, I get the hype behind black panther ...

It's gonna be difficult to top Logan , but I'll give it a watch .
I see what you're saying and I get it but personally I find the Marvel films so stale and mediocre that I have no interest in Black Panther and it does annoy me that of all the films to get the diversity hype its a by the book superhero movie.

Also while the racist stereotype is really blatant and ages terribly Breakfast at Tiffany's is still a great film, probably better than any Marvel movie.

Back