Locked BLACK PANTHER Thread V.2 (First Critics' Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of you guys like BPs outfit, and I haven't yet seen it "in action" in Civil War, but I feel his costume is missing something. Would it be remiss to ask for a cape, or maybe a sash or something? Maybe some oversized, stylized whiskers? His look just doesn't feel complete. I'd even accept if the costume showed some skin. He's running around in the jungle all day, after all. I'd like less monochrome, too.

And no, I'm not gay. Why do you ask?

I know a lot of you guys like BPs outfit, and I haven't yet seen it "in action" in Civil War, but I feel his costume is missing something. Would it be remiss to ask for a cape, or maybe a sash or something? Maybe some oversized, stylized whiskers? His look just doesn't feel complete. I'd even accept if the costume showed some skin. He's running around in the jungle all day, after all. I'd like less monochrome, too.

Its not black enough. Could use a deeper black and slight shine to it.
Other than that, I dig it. I wouldn't complain about the cape and I could do with less reliance on the claws.

Its not black enough. Could use a deeper black and slight shine to it.
Other than that, I dig it. I wouldn't complain about the cape and I could do with less reliance on the claws.

I guess they'll use a revised costume for the BP movie. As I recall they tweak every superhero costume from one movie to the next (except Thor's?). I think the costume in Civil War was meant to be a bit "urban", and for a movie set in Wakanda they'll go with a different look to suit the locale.

Michael B. Jordan could be playing Erik Killmonger.

Also, Jordan's casting is also good news since it likely means the Fantastic Four sequel won't be happening anytime soon.

Michael B. Jordan could be playing Erik Killmonger.

Also, Jordan's casting is also good news since it likely means the Fantastic Four sequel won't be happening anytime soon.

Hopefully not within the next 7 years.

I know a lot of you guys like BPs outfit, and I haven't yet seen it "in action" in Civil War,
I love the BP costume. It looks great in action as well. Another thing I like about the suit is how detailed it is upon closer inspection.

CYPFWhYUAAAyWjo.jpg

but I feel his costume is missing something. Would it be remiss to ask for a cape, or maybe a sash or something?
In the comics, he sometimes wears a cape, long and short. I could see the movie version wearing something similar when the character is attending a big event or doing some regal stuff. He has to lose the cape when in action though.

c68bd11583ac95f9e238abdb9d5fbc94.jpg

Maybe some oversized, stylized whiskers?
Similar to DC's Wildcat? Nah.

wildcatcloseup.png

Well he does wear a cape from time to time.
Black_Panther_Fire.0.jpg

I guess they'll use a revised costume for the BP movie. As I recall they tweak every superhero costume from one movie to the next (except Thor's?). I think the costume in Civil War was meant to be a bit "urban", and for a movie set in Wakanda they'll go with a different look to suit the locale.

Gotta change the look every movie so you can release a new action figure and have a kid not say 'I have that one already'. Thor is always changing his look.

Thor 1 (cape tucked Thor that happens every now and again)
06lokioutfit.jpg

Avengers 1 (cape out Thor with modified armor)
latest

Thor 2 (new armor Thor)
THOR.1.jpg

Avengers 2 (sleeveless version shows up every now and then)
la_ca_0401_hero_avengers_08.jpg

Would hate for MBJ to be a one and done in MCU.

Update: May 13, 2016

BLACK PANTHER Cast Will Be Comprised of 90% Africans or African Americans

Black-Panther-Movie-051316-Dragonlord.jpg

Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige dropped by The Empire Film Podcast recently and explained why he chose to introduce Black Panther in Civil War, and he also discussed the character's upcoming solo film and its cast.

"That will be amongst the best ensembles we've ever had," Feige said of the Black Panther cast, "and 90% of the cast is either African or African-American."

The cast is off to a great start. Aside from Boseman, the past few days have revealed that Michael B. Jordan (Fantastic Four) and Lupita Nyong'o (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) are joining the cast.

Black Panther will slash into theaters on February 16, 2018, and will start shooting in early 2017. It is being directed and co-written by Creed and Fruitvale Station filmmaker, Ryan Coogler.

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige Says 90% Of The Black Panther Cast Will Be African Or African American

With Coogler directing BP, its kind of a no brainer that Jordan would be in the movie.

BP nearly stole the show for me. I thought he was awesome. Can't wait for his film.

Seems like a waste of a good actor.

What other roles in the MCU would Jordan be right for. Maybe he just wants to work with Coogler again, or wants to redeem his role in the comic book world after the turd that is F4.

What other roles in the MCU would Jordan be right for. Maybe he just wants to work with Coogler again, or wants to redeem his role in the comic book world after the turd that is F4.

Sad part is, I thought he was pretty decent in F4, but that movie was a trainwreck.

Really looking forward to this movie after seeing BP in Civil War. Boseman was really good & besides the Giant-man scene, BP may have been the best part of it.

Any chance the MCU can get their hands on Storm from Xmen and cast Lupita for that role? Would be amazing!

Maybe he does want to work with him again but he's on top of the world right now.

I suggested blade earlier, moon knight, deathlok.

Shit I wouldn't even mind him playing a tad bit older miles Morales.

I just don't see who he could play in BP that will give him longevity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back