Locked BLACK PANTHER Thread V.2 (First Critics' Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Michael B. Jordan would be perfect as the new Power Man.

Acotilletta2--PM_(Alvarez)_new.jpg

388deb1d3b52bc5af168bc7a6f0e712a.jpg
I like the power man they got.

I hate that costume

Came up with the outline of my Infinity Quest and basic ideas for Infinity War based on my Illuminati idea from earlier in the thread.

Storyline #1: Stark, Panther, Cap, Namor, Bolt, Thor (w/Space Stone and right hand Infinity Gauntlet), Strange (w/Soul Stone) & Vision (w/Mind Stone) as the MCU's Illuminati hunt for the stones as they do in these Bendis stories.
latest

Expect this to be the conclusion of the real one.
4782424-3524771939-Aveng.jpg

Storyline #2: Thanos goes to see the Collector and makes a trade for the Reality Stone. Could do something similar to what he did in Thanos Quest.

Storyline #3: The GOTG (who have the Time Stone at this point) get a distress signal from Xandar. They arrive to find the Nova Corps destroyed with only young Nova Centurion Richard Rider remaining, he connects with the Worldmind (they can introduce that in GOTG 2) so he can transport it to a save place to rebuild the Nova Corps (Phase 4 movie) and his suit is powered with all the Nova Force of those who died fighting Thanos (we get flashes of this attack as Rider recounts it to the Guardians). Suddenly a big flash of light and the Illuminati appear. We get a GOTG vs Illuminati fight with each thinking they are servants of Thanos coming to kill anyone left.

Storyline #4: On Earth Black Widow was given Tony's list of exceptional individuals. Widow and the Avengers go out to get the Defenders (visited by Hawkeye, Banner & Spider-Man since he meets Daredevil in my Spider-Man movie), Secret Warriors (Widow, Ant-Man & Falcon) and the Punisher (Danvers & a crippled War Machine since they have US military background). If Cloak & Dagger gets on air they can get added as well.

Final battle of Infinity Quest is the Illuminati facing Thanos as they wield separate stones against his two in his Gauntlet.
avengers-11-hood-hulk-thor.jpg

Thanos would end the first movie by tearing off Vision's head following him phasing underground to get behind Thanos and torching him but his two gems would allow Thanos to finish Vision. Scarlet Witch would sense this and have a big moment against Thanos in the next one (see that moment below).
The Illuminati are defeated and teleport back to Earth and prepare everyone for the oncoming Thanos/Chitauri invasion.

Infinity War would have...

- Witch faces Thanos with her eyes glowing red.
Thanos: You wish to fight me little girl. *big belly laugh* My love will have your soul soon enough.
Scarlet: What I will do to you will hardly be considered a fight. *Scarlet Witch powers up, getting rid of the jacket she always wears and having her as a proper Scarlet Witch including the tiara which she would get as a gift in Wakanda*
giphy.gif

He'd kill her in moments but it would be a cool moment.
Thanos: You're right, that wasn't much of a fight.
- Panther would be chosen to wield a three stoned Gauntlet (Soul, Time and Space) against Thanos's 3 stoned Gauntlet (Power, Reality and Mind).
3209441-hulk+infinity+gauntlets.jpg

Thanos would win and take all the stones.
- No clue how you deal with full Gauntlet Thanos unless you have introduced Eternity in either Dr Strange or GOTG 2. Thanos could win and having killed most of Earth's heroes, Thanos leaves his physical body and becomes the new Eternity and Nebula who was with him as a part of his court takes the Gauntlet and we have the big pig pile for the Gauntlet moment and then someone gets it...maybe Star Lord's dad the angelic Kurt "Adam Warlock" Russell or Tony Stark. Then sets everything right.
IMG_8139.png

I'm beyond stoked for this movie, and I'm glad it is in such good hands. Great director, great cast so far, hopefully it gets a great script. I cannot wait.

Update: July 23, 2016

Cast for Marvel's BLACK PANTHER Officially Announced; New Logo Unveiled

5793e0ee65d0c.jpg

Saturday, during Marvel Studios' Hall H presentation at San Diego Comic Con, three cast members of the Black Panther solo film, which will be directed by Ryan Coogler and star Chadwick Boseman (Captain America: Civil War), were officially announced and introduced by Kevin Feige.

The Walking Dead star Danai Gurira is playing Okoye, the head of the Dora Milaje. Creedand Fantastic Four star Michael B. Jordan is playing Erik Killmonger. Lastly, Star Wars: The Force Awakensand 12 Years a Slave star Lupita Nyong’o is portraying Nakia.

Let's start with Nakia and Okoye. In the comics, both of them were part of Dora Milaje ("Adored Ones"), the bodyguards and potential wives of T'Challa (Black Panther), the King of Wakanda. Nakia (a.k.a. Malic) fell hard for T'Challa, but he didn't share a romantic connection with her. She would later become jealous when he became engaged to the American Monica Lynne. As for Okoye, she and Nakia were good friends at one time, but that friendship slowly fell apart as Okoye accepted her ceremonial role and Nakia didn'tt.

Okay, now onto Killmonger, whose real name is N'Jadaka. When N'Jadaka was just a boy, Ulysses Klaw invaded Wakanda, taking Vibranium, killing the king, T'Chaka, and even kidnapping and enslaving some Wakandans. N'Jadaka and his family were among those unlucky souls. Though he would eventually escape to the United States, his family all perished. While in the U.S.A., he changed his name to Erik Killmonger and got a top-notch education, studying engineering and business. However, deep down, he wanted to return to Wakanda and seek out revenge against T'Chaka family because he blamed his and his family's suffering on the former king.

Additionally, fans got their first look at the new logo for the film, on display above.

San Diego Comic-Con 2016: Marvel's 'Black Panther' Confirms Additional Cast

Oh snap, michael b jordan! Only seen him in creed. But he was great in creed.

Couldn't care less.

Black Panther is like what would happen if Al Shapton complained to Marvel that there were no black superheroes.

So, Marvel responds by making the blackest super hero possible.

He's black.
He's called Black Panther.
His costume is completely black.
He's from an African country.

Black Panthers are actually less black than he is.

It's like they ran out of ideas as to how to make him more black.

I didn't realize this movie was so far down the line on releases

Update: July 23, 2016

Marvel Studios Unveils New Official Logo at Comic-Con

Why the hell is Michael Jai White not in this film?!? He is a one of the few bad ass African American actors with actual martial arts skills. I say ditch Michael B. Jordan and re-cast White as his replacement.

Couldn't care less.

Black Panther is like what would happen if Al Shapton complained to Marvel that there were no black superheroes.

He's black.

Screen_Shot_2016_07_23_at_7_02_14_PM.png

This movie has a ton of potential if it carries on from Civil War and into Infinity War, like I've heard it's supposed to.

Love T'Challa, can't wait for this one.

Update: July 24, 2016

Watch the BLACK PANTHER Cast Assemble on Stage at Comic-Con

Couldn't care less.

He's black.

You do realize T'Challa has been around since the earliest days of Marvel as BP? And he has been a major part of the Avengers/Illuminati? That he is one of the most respected heroes in the MU?

The outrage is hilarious, the facts you're moaning about were decided over 50 yea ago, not changed to fit today's culture.

You do realize T'Challa has been around since the earliest days of Marvel as BP? And he has been a major part of the Avengers/Illuminati? That he is one of the most respected heroes in the MU?

The outrage is hilarious, the facts you're moaning about were decided over 50 yea ago, not changed to fit today's culture.

I'm all very aware of all of that.

No outrage at all, just making fun of the concept of the blackest super hero possible.

Couldn't care less.

He's black.

It's pretty simple...don't watch it. There are a lot of people who feel exactly like you do about it, and they won't go see it either. Won't stop it from being a successful movie though. He had a good showing in Civil War, so I'm sure that rustled your jimmies a bit.

*Break break*

I'm excited about this. I'm excited about how Black Panther will fit into the Disney Marvel universe. I like the cast, and the director is legit. Not trying to get my hopes up too high, but I'm expecting good things out of this project.

It's pretty simple...don't watch it. There are a lot of people who feel exactly like you do about it, and they won't go see it either. Won't stop it from being a successful movie though. He had a good showing in Civil War, so I'm sure that rustled your jimmies a bit.

No, no jimmies were russled in Civil War.

I agree he had a good showing, but will that transfer into his own movie? Doubtful.

Basically, Spider-man and black Spider-man without webbing made their debut in Civil War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back