Black-Metal thread

It's funny how in black metal discussions Emperor is never even mentioned because they're so superior to everyone else that they're basically not even considered part of the genre anymore.

Anyhoo, here's my take on french black metal:

<36>

uh, no. it's because emperor unfortunately is not at the top three of elite black metal bands, which are in order: burzum, darkthrone, and immortal.

emperor, are second-tier, sorry to say. they may be of the same generation, but in my opinion, not as important as those first three.

oh, and the goat black metal album? here you go:

I've been doing a lot of Khold and Tulus lately. Really good stuff.

For me the best black metal of the year. If you like post-black metal, you're gonna like this.

uh, no. it's because emperor unfortunately is not at the top three of elite black metal bands, which are in order: burzum, darkthrone, and immortal.

emperor, are second-tier, sorry to say. they may be of the same generation, but in my opinion, not as important as those first three.

disagree. Immortal are 2nd tier imo, mainly due to Abbath’s vocals, and a pretty huge DM influence in their sound. Though opinions and assholes, ya know?

disagree. Immortal are 2nd tier imo, mainly due to Abbath’s vocals, and a pretty huge DM influence in their sound. Though opinions and assholes, ya know?

haha, i hear ya. though man, pure holocaust is a genius black metal album. though i do agree that they went more death metal with blizzard beasts.

Man, I really always disliked this song. Seemed so out of of place, but that remaster is better than the original, unlike most songs of the 2005 version. I will say this though; the 2005 version of Dodsferd is pretty damn great. Probably the only other one that sounds better than the original

haha, i hear ya. though man, pure holocaust is a genius black metal album. though i do agree that they went more death metal with blizzard beasts.
Yeah definitely. The earlier stuff is pretty great. And I actually really like NortherN Chaos Gods. Abbath leaving was a godsend(ha!) for this band. His solo stuff he is doing is garbage imo

Sweden

Depressive black metal
3rd album but never heard these guys before, love this track off their newest

Last edited:
Possibly the man who invented the genre

I like the viking ages

Back