• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BJ Penn : you can only build around 2 pounds of muscle in 2-3 months...

d0wnfall**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
this is in concern of BJ's physique

I knew the extra 2-3 months he had in training would do absoutely nothing for his body. The weigh ins showed that.

All he did in those extra 2-3 months was lose body fat. Even if he trained 4-5 times a week in ONLY weight lifting, he'd only get around 2-3 pounds of muscle on his body, if he was lucky.

The BJ Penn that fights tommorow MIGHT be in better CARDIO shape because of his extra 2-3 month training, but he's not going to be stronger or more muscley. not at all.

and my 2 cents is that it's pretty astonishing that a pro-athlete like Penn and his trainers don't realize that 2-3 months of extra training will only help his cardio, but not his strength or muscle mass gain and that he needs to stay away from 170.

oh well that's Penn's legacy, too lazy to cut to 155. He still has a GREAT chance of finishing Rory.

JUST SCRAP

You seriously think you can only build 1 pound of muscle per month?

wut lol?

WAR PENN regardless.

Bro...while you nay be right about muscle mass (I doubt it through), you can increase strentgh substantially!

Why'd you make your title look like a quote by BJ?

Um, cardio is what he needs most. If the extra prep time only allowed him to improve his cardio, that is a great thing for him, since most of the time it is his biggest issue in a fight. Sure he could be stronger, but he doesn't exactly get tossed around easily.

you act like these guys arn't already at or near their genetic peak how much muscle could he really put on he's a natural 155er 3-4lbs if he was lucky in that 3 month span, and have to bust his ass in the weight room for it.

Um, cardio is what he needs most. If the extra prep time only allowed him to improve his cardio, that is a great thing for him, since most of the time it is his biggest issue in a fight. Sure he could be stronger, but he doesn't exactly get tossed around easily.

iYmecTM4wKtly.gif

rory has about 10-15 pounds of muscle mass than Penn, he will be WAaaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger than Penn

I dont know if there is a scientific explanation for this but i know a guy growing up in high school, he was small with barely any muscle just toned a bit. He had one punch ko power. I saw him knock dudes out 300+ pounds. So IMO muscle doesnt mean shit, i think some people are just born with power regardless what there body looks like.

What if you start eating a diet that's heavy in horse meat? Maybe BJ is tired of everyone else using and figures that if his career is on the line, he may as well go for it?

Ya sure if Lazy average Joe gets off the couch with the right diet and training program he might be able to pack on 3-5 lbs of muscle in the first couple of months but its going to fall off a lot after that. If you're looking at an athlete who has to keep everything in balance even trying to hit 1lb/month is going to take work.

Source:

I am from the Internet.

iYmecTM4wKtly.gif

rory has about 10-15 pounds of muscle mass than Penn, he will be WAaaaaaaaaaaaaay stronger than Penn

suplexes don't really mean you're that strong, that just means you're opponent didn't know what to do. If he would have power slammed him like old school rampage i'd be more impressed.

Cardio is all BJ needs. He's plenty strong... nobody's ever been able to overpower him until he tires.

A pound of lean muscle in a month for an elite athlete is a lot.

If he was a 15 year old kid lifting weights for the first time, he could make larger gains. Not at his age and level

Not sure where you're going with this one TS? Has BJ ever had problems with people man-handling him not named GSP?

He doesn't need more muscle mass for Rory he needs his cardio, which you admit he probably has given the loss of tub.

Back