BJ Penn vs Artem Lobov the next fight to make?

M

monster zero

BJ Penn is a long time legend in the sport, he looked very game scoring a knock down vs Dennis Siver. The problem with that match up is Siver has too much cardio and diversity and is too mobile.

BJ Penn definitely needs to go out on a win, and a war with Artem Lobov could be the last notch he needs on his belt to secure his legacy by going out on a W.

People don't remember Kobe's last season, they remember his last game where he scored 60. This is pretty much a chance to play that last high scoring game (an EPIC 2 round fight with Lobov would be good but they'd probably want 3 rounds, could change it for a legends fight??) What are your thoughts?

giphy.gif

Im tired of Conor's Yes Man, getting the opportunity to headline...No way in fucking hell does he deserve to fight a legend like BJ Penn.

Cut Artem

it's bad enough we had to see Fedor get KO'ed by Meathead and now you wanna risk BJ getting slept by an Artem hammer fist? There is only so much we can take.

Would honestly hate to see BJ Penn take the chance to go against a power striker like Artem because he has the flow in his striking that generates so much power but BJ's chin isn't what is holding him back. He needs someone who will stand and trade so he can work on that jab and use the serpentine movement. Could be one for the ages but yeah, BJ probably doesn't deserve the fight you're right.. Just dunno who you could put him up against to build him up a little more before fighting Artem.

He did not look game, he looked like dog shit except for a thirty second window against a guy who had not fought in two years and lost his last two prior to that.

Artem by decision, Sherdog cries.

BJ doesn't survive against a person who stayed in there with Swanson like that.

No, Penn needs to retire and Lobov needs to get cut.

Don't ever want to see BJ Penn in an MMA fight again..

He just doesn't have it anymore, and hasn't had it for a long time..

BJ's decline is top 5 of all time. He needs to retire and spend some of his parents money, hes done and i wouldnt be surprised if Artem Ko'd him in 35 seconds

How about neither of them ever fight again...ok? Good...glad we all settled that.

People don't want to see this fight because they think Artem will crush Penn but I think it's close. Goes to decision which goes either way, so maybe make the fight in Hawaii? Just a thought.

Penn might be one of the few guys that Lobov can actually beat.

That's just sad as fuck.

BJ Penn needs to retire and stay there.

I'd rather Matt Hughes get up out of the hospital bed to fight.

People don't want to see this fight because they think Artem will crush Penn but I think it's close. Goes to decision which goes either way, so maybe make the fight in Hawaii? Just a thought.

Artem is not a great fighter but at this point he's much better than Penn. Penn has zero heart and has stood like a deer in headlights to get beat up in his last five fights. Yes, some of those were to great fighters but it doesn't change the fact that he fought like crap.

Artem took a round from Swanson and kept trying to win the entire fight even if he ended up being outclassed. He's still hungry and has a desire to climb the ladder. Lobov would outwork and outstrike Penn for a decision or even possibly srop him if BJ looks anything at all like he has for the past several years.

Artem is one of the better stylistic matchups for Penn and I am still not confident he wins.

Back