BJ Penn pulled from UFC 199 fight

What's illegal to use day before the fight will be illegal to use 3 months before the fight.

IV got banned for flushing out the system from PED.

Recreational drugs are allowed out-of-competition. I imagine there are other examples of substances and procedures that are only prohibited in close proximity to the fight.

IVs are banned for legitimate reasons. But there are also legitimate medical reasons to use an IV that would be permitted. I would guess that most people have had an IV administered in their lives. Almost none gained any performance benefit like steroids would provide. Your comparison is pure hyperbole.

It will be interesting to hear the details behind this. If he only admitted to it because they have evidence of use, then it would be suspect to me. If the IV was administered by a medical professional for a legitimate medical reason and BJ simply informed them later than he should, then it comes across as just a procedural issue.

They can, but he said it was under a Dr's care. I do agree we don't have all the facts but it seems so retarded.

I got ya, just seems to me he wouldn't get pulled unless there is more to the story. Would totally suck though if it was just an over-reaction.

2007 might have been the year of the upset.

2016 is the year of the ........pullout???

:D

Recreational drugs are allowed out-of-competition. I imagine there are other examples of substances and procedures that are only prohibited in close proximity to the fight.

IVs are banned for legitimate reasons. But there are also legitimate medical reasons to use an IV that would be permitted. I would guess that most people have had an IV administered in their lives. Almost none gained any performance benefit like steroids would provide. Your comparison is pure hyperbole.

It will be interesting to hear the details behind this. If he only admitted to it because they have evidence of use, then it would be suspect to me. If the IV was administered by a medical professional for a legitimate medical reason and BJ simply informed them later than he should, then it comes across as just a procedural issue.
BOOM.gif

IV is not a recreational drug lol

IV can be used to mask the usage of PED, this is why it's banned all year around.

IV can be used to mask the usage of PED, this is why it's banned all year around.
Quit while you're ahead. Literally nobody agrees with you.

Guys it was for a valid medical reason. Only an IV drip can cure Tippytoeitis.

I feel like I'm talking to a child.

Jesus...

Can't say I was looking forward to the fight in the first place though.

Quit while you're ahead. Literally nobody agrees with you.
Only the fan boys like you are disagreeing.

To prove this point you responded to my post without absolutely no rebuttal to the fact that IV can be used for masking PED usage all year around.

It was banned for this same very reason.

With that said I'm pretty sure Penn is one of the few fighters in the sport that is clean.

Yes it is. If it's illegal to use the day before the right it will also be illegal to use 3 months before the fight.

Smoking a joint is illegal.Taking LSD and Ketamine and PCP and cocaine and driving 100 mph the wrong way down the freeway on a crotch rocket is also illegal.

Obviously equal.

You obviously misread what RPN wrote.
I didn't misread anything, he agreed with me that it is banned.

I simply pointed out the fact that only recreational drugs are not tested outside of competition.

Smoking a joint is illegal.Taking LSD and Ketamine and PCP and cocaine and driving 100 mph the wrong way down the freeway on a crotch rocket is also illegal.

Obviously equal.
Recreational drug usage are not tested outside of competition.

BJ Penn is too lazy to take advantage of PEDs. Even if he took steroids he'd just grow fat instead of putting on muscle because he'd be eating burritos instead of training.

Me going from the other BJ Penn thread then finding out about this one:
giphy.gif

WTF is IV ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Back