BJ Penn pulled from UFC 199 fight

Could be hundreds of reasons why. He might have been dehydrated from over training, got the flu, stomach virus and was shitting everywhere and so on.

No. If you go to the hospital and need a IV for medication or some medical reason that would not fall under USADA doping violation.

Hell, most fighters get a IV when they go to the hospital post fight, especially if they are taken via ambulance.

Something is fishy here.

i dont get it. if he was out of competition why is this an issue for iv usage?

shits fucked.

usada needs to get the fuck out of this sport.

That's like saying you can use steroids 3 months before your fight.

No, it's not. Not even close. There are legitimate reasons to use IVs, such as for the purpose of rehydration or administration of common medicines like antibiotics. None of which have long-term effects on athletic performance.

What a joke, who gives a shit if someone uses IV fluid.

IVs are often administered for dehydration at hospitals if you are really ill.
There are only a about 10,000 medical reasons an IV which is most of the time FUCKING saline can be issued. Fuck this shit, I'm out of here.

And there it is folks, No IV BJ Penn is born.

USADA's doing a fantastic job of cleaning up the sport by catching guys who voluntarily disclose they did such and such! Great way to wreck UFC cards, especially at the last minute.

Crocop, Lyoto, BJ.

Yes it is. If it's illegal to use the day before the right it will also be illegal to use 3 months before the fight.
Lol you do realize there are LEGITIMATE medical reasons to receive an IV right? Not everything is about doping. Jesus Christ

BJ on the without a doubt PED free list... oh wait...

No, it's not. Not even close. There are legitimate reasons to use IVs, such as for the purpose of rehydration or administration of common medicines like antibiotics. None of which have long-term effects on athletic performance.
What's illegal to use day before the fight will be illegal to use 3 months before the fight.

IV got banned for flushing out the system from PED.

No. If you go to the hospital and need a IV for medication or some medical reason that would not fall under USADA doping violation.

Hell, most fighters get a IV when they go to the hospital post fight, especially if they are taken via ambulance.

Something is fishy here.
Well we don't know the whole story yet and he did say it was administered by a Doctor so who knows. He could've been sick

Lol you do realize there are LEGITIMATE medical reasons to receive an IV right? Not everything is about doping. Jesus Christ
You do realize that almost everything that is banned from the sport has legitimate medical reasons for their usages right?

I rest my case

I V gettin so mad at all these fizzled bouts

14npfw.jpg

Back