Bitcoin currency of the future?

The only thing I think I’ve read about WTC not being legit is their RFID patent claim. Apparently the person developing their RFID only has patents published while he was working for a different company. I guess they’re just using them to show how smart he is? Aside from this terrible fiasco, what else do you not like about them?
This fiasco is all that was needed as proof. It's like Amazon giving away gift cards and not only allowing employees to win(legit companies exclude employees from these types of things for a reason), but their head of PR "winning" and tweeting about it.

It's all bullshit to drum up hype. And if any coin or "team" is using gimmicks as hype they probably don't have shit for credentials or a legit product anyway.

Also look at Charlie Lee and the Tron guy. Their tweet history is full of pump posts and straight garbage Charlie Lee talking about LTC "flappening" over BCH price.

Do you ever hear the Ethereum Foundation tweeting about "the flippening" or anything even remotely related to pushing up the price of Ether? Fuck no. It's scummy and Scammy as fuck

This fiasco is all that was needed as proof. It's like Amazon giving away gift cards and not only allowing employees to win(legit companies exclude employees from these types of things for a reason), but their head of PR "winning" and tweeting about it.

It's all bullshit to drum up hype. And if any coin or "team" is using gimmicks as hype they probably don't have shit for credentials or a legit product anyway.

Also look at Charlie Lee and the Tron guy. Their tweet history is full of pump posts and straight garbage Charlie Lee talking about LTC "flappening" over BCH price.

Do you ever hear the Ethereum Foundation tweeting about "the flippening" or anything even remotely related to pushing up the price of Ether? Fuck no. It's scummy and Scammy as fuck

While I agree that companies with coin’s shouldn’t be doing anything to manipulate their price outside of updates, partnerships and new innovated tech news, I still think that this is a young market and advertising for it is something people don’t know how to do just yet. I think it’s very tricky trying to advertise something that people cannot wrap their heads around. What WTC did was scummy, no doubt about that, but calling them a scam coin means they’re doing nothing to further their company outside of pushing for their coin to pump. I doubt that’s the case. A Scam to me is one person or company promising a product, a person invests in the product, the product never materializes and the company moves to Fiji. WTC is too big with too many partnerships and a big enough spotlight for me to believe they’re doing that.

I’m not a huge fan of CCK. I’m 95% sure he’s an insider for VEN. I think he could get VEN into a lot of trouble revealing partnerships before NDA’s have expired, but that’s just my opinion. Some people might like his riddles and VeChain themselves might think it’s a great viral campaign. It seems to me these engineers are also left having to do the marketing and it’s very strange.

I’m 50/50 on Charlie. Sometimes he says some really good things, other times he sells his lot before a massive correction.

^ Lol that guy just calls most coins a 'scam' without having anything backing his opinion up. Is normal.
Look I've been in this space a long time. I've never gotten burned, I've worked on a crypto project, I've made money/improved position, I've lost money/lowered my position, I've never been scammed, hacked, or fallen victim to exchange hacks.

I don't pretend to be a full on crypto expert, if that's even a thing beyond actual blockchain devs, and I don't pretend to be nostradomus and predict every aspect of the future. I do know that as a matter of fact the vast majority of cryptocurrencies as scams with either fake dev teams or scammers as dev teams. No I don't know the precise amount of coins but my best guess is that out of 1500+ coins just a couple percent are actually legitimately intending on staying true to their white papers and releasing a fully working product.

I don't have all the time in the world to investigate the hundreds of coins or read every github, subreddit, bitcointalk, or tweet on each project but I have enough knowledge on the space to make a decent enough educated guess on what's worth investing without spending hours researching. No I won't be right on every one but it's hard to be wrong when so many are outright or disguised scams.

For others that do have full teams, nice websites, etc it makes sniffing out the scam/overselling of product more difficult. Ethos, for example, looks okay until you read their white paper and wonder why they talk only about what they are going to replace and how it's groundbreaking yadda yadda but they offer subpar technical aspects as far as just how they intend on making it happen.

While I agree that companies with coin’s shouldn’t be doing anything to manipulate their price outside of updates, partnerships and new innovated tech news, I still think that this is a young market and advertising for it is something people don’t know how to do just yet. I think it’s very tricky trying to advertise something that people cannot wrap their heads around. What WTC did was scummy, no doubt about that, but calling them a scam coin means they’re doing nothing to further their company outside of pushing for their coin to pump. I doubt that’s the case. A Scam to me is one person or company promising a product, a person invests in the product, the product never materializes and the company moves to Fiji. WTC is too big with too many partnerships and a big enough spotlight for me to believe they’re doing that.

I’m not a huge fan of CCK. I’m 95% sure he’s an insider for VEN. I think he could get VEN into a lot of trouble revealing partnerships before NDA’s have expired, but that’s just my opinion. Some people might like his riddles and VeChain themselves might think it’s a great viral campaign. It seems to me these engineers are also left having to do the marketing and it’s very strange.

I’m 50/50 on Charlie. Sometimes he says some really good things, other times he sells his lot before a massive correction.
I agree on some of what you say but as far as crypto projects being bad at PR- I disagree. The most vocal crypto projects seem to only be good at PR and little else. This is always a major red flag for me.

Anyone who had been following this thread knows i am big on Walton, and yes I am buying on the dip. I would like to thank the idiot who messed up for the discount.

Did you mange to sell your ZClassic at a decent price in the end?

Did you mange to sell your ZClassic at a decent price in the end?

Didn’t end up getting any. Figured it was too risky for me. Did you see Bittrex locked ZCL wallets? They didn’t guarantee BTCP, but said they will try to support and then blocked people from withdraws and deposits blaming it on Coinbase.

Didn’t end up getting any. Figured it was too risky for me. Did you see Bittrex locked ZCL wallets? They didn’t guarantee BTCP, but said they will try to support and then blocked people from withdraws and deposits blaming it on Coinbase.

To be honest, the whole fork was a shamble and made me loose confidence in BTCP. They really didn't organise it well at all.

Last edited:
NYU Professor earlier this month:
Bitcoin price will crash to zero, Nouriel Roubini says
CNBC said:
  • The noted economist thinks the price of bitcoin is going to zero.
  • Roubini, who is also known as "Dr Doom," claimed some people will use a market manipulation tactic known as wash trading to prop up the bitcoin price.
  • He called bitcoin the "biggest bubble in human history" last week.
Noted economist Nouriel Roubini thinks the price of bitcoin is going to zero.

The chairman of Roubini Macro Associates, also known as "Dr Doom" for his pessimistic economic outlooks, called the price crash on Twitter on Tuesday.

Roubini was referencing a Congressional hearing that will see Christopher Giancarlo, chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC), and Jay Clayton, chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), testify in front of lawmakers about cryptocurrencies.

The economist also used the term HODL, which stands for "hold on for dear life." Itoriginated in an online forum when someone spelled the word "hold" wrong. It has now become a meme and is often used in times of extreme volatility in the cryptocurrency market for people holding rather than selling.

Roubini said that "HODL nuts" will hold bitcoin until it plummets to zero.

Dr Doom also said that traders will use wash trading to prop up the prices. Wash trading in the crypto world involves someone buying and selling their own order to manipulate markets. Some have feared that wash trading takes place on bitcoin exchanges.

Roubini asked if the authorities will look into this practice.

His tweets followed comments on Bloomberg last week in which he called bitcoin the "biggest bubble in human history."

Cryptocurrencies have seen a major sell-off in the last few days. Bitcoin fell below $6,000 for the first time since mid-November on Tuesday. Other major cryptocurrencies are all well off of their all-time highs.

Biggest bubble ever?

Clearly knows nothing about Australian property prices :p

Try this, type in ‘Bitcoin Bubble’ and search Google images. Come back with the earliest date you can find.

Bonus quest: Make a bar graph by year and see if they missed any.

Look I've been in this space a long time. I've never gotten burned, I've worked on a crypto project, I've made money/improved position, I've lost money/lowered my position, I've never been scammed, hacked, or fallen victim to exchange hacks.

I don't pretend to be a full on crypto expert, if that's even a thing beyond actual blockchain devs, and I don't pretend to be nostradomus and predict every aspect of the future. I do know that as a matter of fact the vast majority of cryptocurrencies as scams with either fake dev teams or scammers as dev teams. No I don't know the precise amount of coins but my best guess is that out of 1500+ coins just a couple percent are actually legitimately intending on staying true to their white papers and releasing a fully working product.

I don't have all the time in the world to investigate the hundreds of coins or read every github, subreddit, bitcointalk, or tweet on each project but I have enough knowledge on the space to make a decent enough educated guess on what's worth investing without spending hours researching. No I won't be right on every one but it's hard to be wrong when so many are outright or disguised scams.

For others that do have full teams, nice websites, etc it makes sniffing out the scam/overselling of product more difficult. Ethos, for example, looks okay until you read their white paper and wonder why they talk only about what they are going to replace and how it's groundbreaking yadda yadda but they offer subpar technical aspects as far as just how they intend on making it happen.

Let’s just pretend I believe you for a moment. When you accuse a project of being a ‘scam’ - that means you are saying they have no intention of delivering and are purposely looking to steal investors money and essentially run away with it - and this has all been planned in a premeditated manner. That’s a pretty bold claim.

And if you by your own admission don’t have time to research every project, then it may be a good idea to refrain from calling projects you have evidently not researched properly....scams. And if you maintain a given project is a scam, then the onus is on you to provide evidence for such a claim.

Yes, there are obvious scams out there - but when you go around labelling solid projects as scams, it doesn’t do wonders for ones credibility unless you are able to back up your claims with evidence.

So then....out of interest, what are these ‘sub par technical aspects’ you refer to in the Ethos white paper? You do realise there are two types of white papers; a business paper and a technical paper. Not every project releases their technical paper which can risk exposing detailed implementation processes because of copy cats. Ethos already has several copy cats and ‘me too’ products. However, I have talked to and asked questions of their CEO and chief strategist so let me attempt to clear up your specific doubts. Furthermore, I have posted several links to articles written by the heavyweights in the team that outline plenty of technical aspects. Simply put, you rarely come across projects more legitimate than Ethos in this space, and I am more than happy to demonstrably prove why....again.

And on a side note, say what you want about Walton (I personally prefer VeChain in the supply management space by far) - but it is definitely not a ‘scam’. Any person who has experience in this space will tell you the same - and would be happy to provide substantial evidence backing up their opinions.

Last edited:
Sharing this from my original thread to those who missed it -

A new tip fresh off the press if anyone is interested.

A new crypto is coming on the market today - Sether (SETH).

This in my view, is a true game changer. They offer smart contract and AI based social media marketing. Think about that for a second. They are able to automate, customize, and individually reward marketing efforts on social media via AI and smart contracts. This is a multi billion dollar industry, and is mentioned as one of the key areas for growth in this space by Clif High in his latest report. If you don't know, Clif uses unique linguistic analysis to determine trends, and has been correct in his predictions several times in the past.

Another point to mention, the Sether team have a working product set for release, and partnerships quietly being formed before they hit the market. The team also has solid depth and breadth of experience and have worked together for years under their current start up (MWare).

No competitors on the scene yet, and coin supply is very low (20m) so this is set to explode.

Official site -

http://sether.com/#/

John McAffee is also a huge fan of Sether, and actively advises them. Yes he's a bit of a nutcase but he is onto a winner here imo.

Sether ICO review -

https://icomarks.com/ico/sether

Personally I rate this project very highly based on team strength, use case, tech, MVP, and solid community support. Worth a look.

You take crypto advice from John McAfee and you're giving ME shit???!!!!!!

Wow lmao

Be careful thread lurkers, there's people who dont give a single fuck about you or your money- and when the latter is all gone they won't be there to help you back up.

McAfee is an absolute moron. So is Bill Gates.

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates took aim at cryptocurrencies during a Reddit "Ask Me Anything" session Tuesday - much to the ire of some social-media commentators.

Responding to a question about cryptocurrencies, the world's second-richest man said the ability of governments to track money laundering or terrorist funds "is a good thing."

Gates continued, saying:

"Right now cryptocurrencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and cryptocurrencies is super risky for those who go long."

derp, like you couldnt say the same thing about cash. what a fuckin moron.

https://www.coindesk.com/bill-gates-nonsense-crypto-comments-draw-twitter-ire/

McAfee is an absolute moron. So is Bill Gates.

Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates took aim at cryptocurrencies during a Reddit "Ask Me Anything" session Tuesday - much to the ire of some social-media commentators.

Responding to a question about cryptocurrencies, the world's second-richest man said the ability of governments to track money laundering or terrorist funds "is a good thing."

Gates continued, saying:

"Right now cryptocurrencies are used for buying fentanyl and other drugs so it is a rare technology that has caused deaths in a fairly direct way. I think the speculative wave around ICOs and cryptocurrencies is super risky for those who go long."

derp, like you couldnt say the same thing about cash. what a fuckin moron.

https://www.coindesk.com/bill-gates-nonsense-crypto-comments-draw-twitter-ire/
yeah, total nonsense. 99% of global black market purchases are made in fiat.

With the recent land grab in S. Africa, I’m going to post this again. First they come for your land and then they come for your bank account.

• Perfect control of your funds with no middle man
  • Contracts and applications without counter-party risk
  • Enhanced security (no central point of attack and spamming is expensive)
  • Micro transactions
  • Speed
  • Transfer cost reduction
  • Inflation protection
  • For merchants: no charge-backs
  • Running applications on a blockchain as a one stop shop without server and security requirements.
  • Digitization of identity
  • Digitization of assets
  • Smart logistics
  • Smart taxation
  • Transparent accounting
  • Notarization
  • File storage with unchangeable time stamps
  • Asset possession logs
  • Clearinghouse enhancement
  • Monetization and exchange of data
  • Voting
  • Capital raising with less friction than stock offerings
  • Investment diversification
  • Programmable trusts
  • Censorship free communication
  • Developing country banking
  • Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (done correctly)
  • Cross-border payments

You take crypto advice from John McAfee and you're giving ME shit???!!!!!!

Wow lmao

Be careful thread lurkers, there's people who dont give a single fuck about you or your money- and when the latter is all gone they won't be there to help you back up.

Classic. You make no attempt to address any of my points except saying I take ‘advice from McAfee’. Let me guess, another ‘scam’ spotted by your research-free opinion heavy scam radar?

I have had SETH as a strong pick weeks before McAfee tweeted this. Have a look at my other thread as evidence of this.

To those with any common sense, it’s obvious that I have actually taken the time to research the project, ask questions to the project leads on their telegram chat, and have multiple reasons WHY I think it’s a solid pick.

Your only response - ‘durr McAfee, lmao...durr’. If I recall correctly, I even allude to McAfee as a nutcase so it’s fairly clear that I am going on much more than his tweet. But fact of the matter is, for every 9 shitcoins he promotes, he stumbles upon a gem every now and then. Which is why one conducts their own research, something I am sure you are familiar with given your extensive experience in this space.

If you don’t agree give reasons WHY any of my points don’t add up. Make an effort ‘dawg’.

From your opinions and insight on cyptocurrency so far, I would honestly assume you have been in the game for less than a couple of months - at best.

But if you ever feel like engaging in intelligent discourse and offer a researched, well informed counter to any of the points I raise, I await.

And no - ‘lmao Mcafee/Mcafee is a moron’ does not amount to a well informed, researched opinion on the subject.

Last edited:
Try this, type in ‘Bitcoin Bubble’ and search Google images. Come back with the earliest date you can find.

Bonus quest: Make a bar graph by year and see if they missed any.

Better yet just type how many bitcoin wallets are there into google.

Complete market saturation! All the smart money has been made already, you know you're late to the party when your hairdresser is giving you crypto advice...

24million.
<36>

P.S bought more VEN a few days ago at 4.80 something. According to your calc i'm at 1 thor per week. Hope it goes as well as GAS.

Back