Bitcoin currency of the future?

@Der Eisbär, before you holiday in St. Johns, please back up your countless pieces of financial advice with empirical evidence of how much money you have made to date

@Der Eisbär, before you holiday in St. Johns, please back up your countless pieces of financial advice with empirical evidence of how much money you have made to date
You've been nothing but an absolute cunt itt. Why in the world would I divulge that kind of info to you? Piss off

You've been nothing but an absolute cunt itt. Why in the world would I divulge that kind of info to you? Piss off
I believe you owe it to your adherents, not me. Appx what was the price BTC when you started playing, and how much did you make or lose?

I cashed out before the crash. First time I was lucky with this BS.

This crypto babble is all speculator bullshit talk. I've heard the exact same shit it a million times for years from day traders and options junkies. Same stupid fucking thing.

I sure hope a lot of you have learned a valuable lesson.

I’m well aware of how speculative it is and I’m a 60% believer in Crypto. Enough to keep me from cashing out at the moment. I only have $6500 invested from my own money, but a lot more from how well my investments have done since last year. If it goes down in flames, big deal. But if I made the right investment choices, I could see financial freedom at some point in my life. And if not financial freedom, some major debt relief. I’ve already paid off my private student loans, now I’m working my way towards federal. Who knows though?

Like clockwork, BTC gets the blame for the market crash. At some point this year new exchanges will open the door to fiat/alt coin pairings. What people fail to realize is that BTC owns a majority stake of the market cap. So if BTC falls, there is a very high chance the alts will come crumbling down with it. It may not be forever, but it’s still there and BTC is still king. BTC is the heart that pumps the blood of the entire market. I just picked up BTC at a decent price I’m hoping to swing in the coming weeks. Assuming of course it gets back up over $11k.

rough week. Bitcoin down 20%. This may be the beginning of the end.

Haven't followed this. Is Mt Gox supposedly selling off coins to pay off its dicked-over clients, or simply to profit the owners?

He's paying restitution. There's an argument going on right now that if he caused the crash or he didn't. I believe he had a huge part to play in the crash. Dumping that many BTC has to mess with the book orders. Just knowing he has that much left is frightening.

So I sold my 50+ BTC @ the 13K price point being I invested @ sub $50 I feel exuberant. I kept 1.8 BTC just to see what may happen. I'm going to use 1.0 BTC in a raffle, I intended to do this during the holidays but alas I got busy.

The BTC raffle will be $1 per entry limited to 7 entries per person w/ 1,500 max total entries or whatever it accrues in a 3 week run. Winner gets 1.0 BTC. A real, actual raffle with physical tickets(I will send scans or pics of the tickets to person's email or device for record), no app or program trickery. All ticket proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project .

I will have everything organized in the coming week & will post a thread on how to enter & the details etc.

Peace

So I sold my 50+ BTC @ the 13K price point being I invested @ sub $50 I feel exuberant. I kept 1.8 BTC just to see what may happen. I'm going to use 1.0 BTC in a raffle, I intended to do this during the holidays but alas I got busy.

The BTC raffle will be $1 per entry limited to 7 entries per person w/ 1,500 max total entries or whatever it accrues in a 3 week run. Winner gets 1.0 BTC. A real, actual raffle with physical tickets(I will send scans or pics of the tickets to person's email or device for record), no app or program trickery. All ticket proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project .

I will have everything organized in the coming week & will post a thread on how to enter & the details etc.

Peace

User name checks out. Congrats on 50 BTC!

Peace
Im pretty fucking jealous. I had about 20BTC worth 5yrs ago. Would have 3-4x that if I had stuck with the mining gig I was running.

Did anyone else read about the Mt.Gox fiasco? How they’ve offloaded around $400M and still have $1.9B left in BTC they’re planning on offloading? Crazy. If there’s any time for BTC to release the shackles from Alt’s, it’s now. Think about what that $400M did to the market. When BTC hit’s a price they would like to sell at, the market will crash again. Assuming they’re continuing to offload $400M, they have a little over 4 cycles to do this again and again.

Are you talking about them being "hacked" some years ago? or something new?

I know Mark Karpeles is out of jail and looking great lately. Too bad I don't have direct contact with him anymore, but we still have a few common IRL friends. I don't think they can give me much info though. I knew the guy when he was still living in France

Are you talking about them being "hacked" some years ago? or something new?

I know Mark Karpeles is out of jail and looking great lately. Too bad I don't have direct contact with him anymore, but we still have a few common IRL friends. I don't think they can give me much info though. I knew the guy when he was still living in France

Here's what I understand based on reading what's out there: It's not his bitcoin. He is a trustee tasked with managing the bitcoin, and ~400M usd was the amount owed to the creditors, since that was the value of the btc lost at the time of the hack. Legally, they were owed the value of the bitcoin at the time and not the bitcoins themselves.

Now that he sold enough to repay the creditors, he needs to wait for the court to decide what happens to the remaining 160k btc. Legally, what would happen next is the rest of the bitcoin gets distributed to mtgox shareholders, but some are saying it could be years before the court reaches a decision.

Well looks like the party is over. No more Google ads to sucker newcomers to cushion your losses. All of Der Fraudsbar's dreams of paying off loans, buying a new car and putting a down payment for a home had been crushed.

Back