Bisping would have to fight the winner of Romero-Whittacker before GSP right?

randomalias

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The full champ cannot fight anyone except the interim champ surely.

To be honest, no.

I could see them announcing a date for Bisping/GSP one day before the interim is determined.

It depends upon how much money can be made by the UFC. The more lucrative fight will be the one that gets green lit.

LOL at using "cannot' and "surely" when it comes to UFC matchmaking

I'm pretty sure he's gonna fight GSP before Romero/Whittaker.

I hope so. No need to have two champs in one division defending their titles instead of a unification fight.

We're talking about Dana, WME and the quest for PPV buys. Don't count on anything that goes against that.

No, when Couture came back with the real belt, they didn't have him fight Nog to unify. They did a 4 man "tournament" where Couture fought Lesnar for the real strap and Mir fought Not for the interim. Then Lesnar and Mir unified at UFC 100, neither man started the tournament with a belt.

No reason they couldn't do the same again.

I am sure if the UFC wanted it there is a loophole to get that done. One could be signing the GSP fight prior to Romoer/Whitaker....but that fight is coming up in 3 weeks so I dont see that happening.

To be honest, no.

I could see them announcing a date for Bisping/GSP one day before the interim is determined.

Bisping will be "injured" until GSP is ready to fight. He knows he's on borrowed time as far as being champ.

I imagine he will fight GSP then Wand rematch first.

Bisping vs GSP would generate Dana & co more coin.

So Bisping vs GSP it will be.

Take that GSP fight out of your head nobody cares or wants that sh!t fight, accidental Champ Bisping won the belt at the wrong time when the division is popping hot, he wants to fight a WW. He'll be stripped or killed while defending the belt.

If GSP is smart, he'd just go back to WW. If he happens to beat Bisping and Yoel wins the interim title, he wants no part of SOG. He doesn't want any part of Whittaker either. Imo, he wouldn't defend the belt even if he wins it because every contender would wreck him.

MMA is a real sport, but UFC is not - it's sports entertainment.

The rules can be rewritten any time the president feels like it and promises broken for no good reason.

The UFC is both promoter and sanctioning body...so no, he could fight Vitor, a rubber match with Hendo, Anderson and GSP over the next two years if the UFC allows it

Back