Bisping: Rogan makes $75,000 an episode from podcast

I would suck Joe Rogan's dick for 2 hours for 75K.

This.

Joe doesn't advertise anything, and rarely has anyone on to promote anything.

I know Youtube doesn't pay much, and I doubt Apple's podcast service pays anything at all.
pewdewpie would be going good to hit that much (i think) and he is as big as they get on youtube

No wonder he can't touch FE.

He doesn't want to interrupt the money train.

YouTube is a relatively tiny amount of the revenue, it's like an extra bonus. The podcast ads are where he makes huge money.
$75,000 a podcast is the claim which I doubt. Joe does one almost everyday so that would be around $2.7 million a year

Nah. Don't be naive. No one works for free plus why bother? If he really made anywhere close to 75K per Podcast I'm certain that he would rather do a Fight Companion episode with his buddies than have to deal with all the stress of fight week.

He's not working for free, and the reason he bothers doing it is probably because he loves it. People tend to gravitate towards the things that they love.

$75,000 a podcast is the claim which I doubt. Joe does one almost everyday so that would be around $2.7 million a year

That would be like $27 million, but he doesn't do one every day, maybe 3 a week. He probably makes around $10 million as a very rough estimate.

That would be like $27 million, but he doesn't do one every day, maybe 3 a week. He probably makes around $10 million as a very rough estimate.
I am curious to what he really makes now. and he is a owner of Onit

Pretty much all this.

If Rogan made anywhere close to 75K per Podcast. He wouldn't even bother calling an entire 4-5 hour PPV event for 100K.

I’d take ringside seats alone for calling the fights. Of course getting paid for it is worth it to him even if he makes 75k a podcast

Pretty much all this.

If Rogan made anywhere close to 75K per Podcast. He wouldn't even bother calling an entire 4-5 hour PPV event for 100K.

Sure he would. If he disappears from the UFC, his relevancy disappears.

75 is total including every sponsor, etc... that minus taxes, rental, flights for guests, etc.

he makes 1000 per episode. still not bad
I reckon plenty of people pay him to be on the podcast.

Can Bisping prove this or is this pure hearsay and speculation? 3 episodes a week over the course of the year is almost 12 million. I have sceptical hippo eyes on that figure
Exactly

There’s no chance there’s 75k an epsisode for something that’s on 3 times a week and it’s the same thing, same joke, same discussions, same ideas over and over and over again

Based on some quick research using google. Youtube pays about $3,000 for 1 million views.

But lets talk about just ads on ITunes-

A 15-second Pre-Roll commands $18 per 1000 CPMs (listens).

A 60-second Mid-Roll commands $25 per 1000 CPMs (listens).

For ease of math purposes, let’s say your podcast averages 1,000,000 listens per episode.

18 x 1000 (for the 1,000,000 listens) = $18,000 is the cost to the sponsor for a Pre-Roll.

Therefore, your 1,000,000 per episode podcast would cost 2 sponsors $32,000 for a Pre-Roll

Per episode so lets say he does 3 ads thats that $50,000 per episode. Also he advertises his own company so the profits there will far exceed these numbers and he promotes his comedy tours as well.

Itunes ads - $50,000 Youtube ads - maybe $1,200 average Serius radio: ? Vimeo: ? Onnit: $$$$ unknown but I doubt they would do much business without JRE

I think its a ball park 60-100k goss per episode for him, not sure how many sponsors he's doing now. i fast forward 10 min right away.

Rent wont be much since it a warehouse, also all the equipment is amortized and does not need constant replacing. Its all a write off at the end of the year.

Bandwidth for podcast is not expensive. 100-200 a month through libsyn.

iTunes charges nothing host nothing. YouTube cost nothing and Jamie probably gets paid what 50k? Maybe? For 60 hours a weeks worth of work?

I run my own podcast and we have to set up and tear down every week. Our sound quality is on par with the best, these rigs are relatively cheep. Few hundred dollars of stuff.

Uploading is pretty quick since the host provider will and can post to all the media outlets.

Videos and sound editing is almost nothing for this show. Probably 1-2 hours at most of post work per episode and jamie only has to show up 2-3 times a week.

Exactly

There’s no chance there’s 75k an epsisode for something that’s on 3 times a week and it’s the same thing, same joke, same discussions, same ideas over and over and over again
Content of the episode doesn't matter. Viewership determines the price of his advertising spots, of which he has a lot

Back