Billioniare Jeff Bezos Ask Twitter Followers For Suggestions For Him To Direct His Donations

homes for homeless is one of those ideas that sound better on paper than in reality

all that would happen, is that they would sell those homes and drive down property values by flooding the market. if you try to counter that by not actually giving them the home, just letting them use it, you would have a shitload of free riders who just dont want to pay rent

i can see it for people with special needs, but they generally need to live with people, not get put up by themselves

the best charities are ones that increase factors of production, such as the job training one or helping to raise children to be productive members of society

sidenote on the homes for homeless one, its an idyllic endeavor but nobody actually wants it near them. santa ana recently bought a run down motel and turned it into a homeless shelter, near the border of tustin, because nobody in santa ana wanted a homeless shelter near them, because it means a bunch of criminals and drug addicts are loitering outside their homes. so they used it as a tool to move all the homeless to the edge of town, hoping they cross over and fuck off. someone close to me has a business next to the city border, and now every night its like night of the living dead with homeless crackheads shuffling around, trying to check if cars are unlocked, knocking on doors etc.

This.

Before you give them homes you need to address the reasons for their homelessness.

Truth is people want to feel good about themselves or get accolades, attention and good will without doing a damn thing to actually help.

Start multiple small communities that are self reliant. Entry is only permitted after rehab or assessment on stability. Teach them pride in themselves and the importance of positive social interactions.

From there when they pass and don't want to volunteer in another farm you move them to a hands on work apprenticeship/ useful skills training and slowly build work and life skills.

Just the ability to plan, not act on impulse while earning first buying second with all bills and overheads prioritised would do more good than just giving them a set of keys while pretending that's the actual issue.

Give all monies to me. I will then make proper investment.

This is long term, but:
Fund research into reversible vasectomies, then pay men to get them.

Edit:
Also, fund efforts to make it easier for teachers to differentiate in their classrooms, so every student can learn at their ideal pace.

What does that two page summery prove? Say about candy/soda snacks?

kzO32RZ.png

nWjeT

People on SNAP pretty much purchase the same shit as people who are not on it. It doesn't back up what that guy was claiming.
I didn't say they spend twice as much as other people on those things. I said they spend twice as much on junk food/soda than as on vegetables and fruits. Now I would consider junk food and soda not to be necessities, and I don't want to fund people becoming obese, as I will then have to pay for their medicare as well.

Convenience factors into this, I pay 5$ for fruit chooped up and prepared sometimes, also I don't know when those prices are from because a bag of grapes is like 5$. Lettuce is now 1.79. Iceburg lettuce. The stuff that was 25, 50 cents not that long ago.

Grape prices vary seasonally.

I didn't say they spend twice as much as other people on those things. I said they spend twice as much on junk food/soda than as on vegetables and fruits. Now I would consider junk food and soda not to be necessities, and I don't want to fund people becoming obese, as I will then have to pay for their medicare as well.
So.

Just because it's under 'SNAP HOUSEHOLD' doesn't mean it was purchased with snap benefits.

as for high quality affordable foods, most people already can buy fresh vegetables at the supermarket for cheap prices, they just dont like/want to cook so they buy the prepackaged microwaveable shit anyways

PhotoGrid_1376504838777.jpg

vre_buy5.jpg

Or you can buy a shit ton of rice and lots of tuna.

or a shit ton of rice and beans.

For another $10 you can buy a big thing of peanut butter and buy bread for under $1 (store brand) and then you got quick meals right there. Freeze the bread you won't use to make it last longer and eat as you go.

With $250 you can buy like a half year supply (or more) of rice, beans, canned vegetables, peanut butter, bread, tuna, and frozen fish, and you can buy a ton of eggs and cheese. And only the cheese and eggs will go bad quick. I am always amazed at how bad some people shop. Literally canned vegetables cost like $1 or less, sometimes more than $1 depending on the brand. And yeah for $1000 you can easily buy a year's supply or longer of good, healthy and quite decent and nutritious food. From there all you need is some seasonings, and good condiments and you can eat 'gourmet'.

But most people eat out like everday and spend like $15-20 a day!! Peoples food costs in a year hits thousands and thousands. Sometimes tens of thousands. And it doesn't have to.

lol, cereal is junk food? I guess when you add more categories, of course people spend more money on these categories. You highlighted 4 categories vs 2 categories. If we add meat and milk to round to 4 categories, I could say that they spend twice as much on that.

Back