Bigger factor in UFC fighters going to Bellator - USADA or Reebok?

Dozer .

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tough call. I’ll go with the Reebok deal.

UFC literally took money out of their fighters pockets with the Reebok uniforms.

I understand that the Fertittas were responsible for USADA and Reebok but they knew what they were doing all along. WME should’ve realized how bad these two things would affect their ability to keep fighters.

Idk but its amazing how Reebok has managed to stay in business all these years. Until they struck a deal with UFC I cant honestly say when the last time I've actually seen someone wearing any of their apparel.

Idk but its amazing how Reebok has managed to stay in business all these years. Until they struck a deal with UFC I cant honestly say when the last time I've actually seen someone wearing any of their apparel.
They had a come back due to CrossFit but that's about it

Last edited:
I believe it’s those two factors plus others like Dana White and the ufc’s treatment of any fighter that isn’t a needle mover for them.

Scott Coker is steadily building a second strike force and the fighters realize this. Why stay where you’re treated like crap when you could go where the grass is greener?

200.gif

I'd say reebok. At the end of the day it's about making money and Reebok makes it a lot harder.

Didn't get offered a new contract so they left.
Simple.

At the end of the Day... Dana is the one making mega bucks... either he can use you or not. But going to Bellator is looking good... becoming a legit contender.

the go to bellator to avoid the ban hammer and public shaming of failed test

Whoever's making it rain is the deciding factor.

UFC literally took money out of their fighters pockets with the Reebok uniforms.

I understand that the Fertittas were responsible for USADA and Reebok but they knew what they were doing all along. WME should’ve realized how bad these two things would affect their ability to keep fighters.

easy the blank checks viacoms offering and many are getting way past there primes.

yes I also get many who leave ufc is cause they cant pass usada testing. just shows how bellator don't care if there fighters are juicing or not.

Competition is good for the sport anyway. I hope bellator can become more successful.

It depends on the fighter...for Rory, it was the Reebok deal.

Once Reebok is gone sherdog can go back to hating Affliction and Tapout

Reebok

Fighters like Rory, Gegard, Bader etc. weren't having problems with USADA

They were having problems with losing sponsor pay

How many fighters have UFC lost to Bellator in the last 24 months?

usada is #1.

reebok hurt fighters but theres no real sponsorship money in bellator either.

I'd say being treated like a man (with hespect) and not like an expendable asset.

All the other shit also. Just letting the fighters be themselves... personality. The UFC seems like a highly bureaucratic, stifling organization. No one wants to work at places like that. I'm sure they also gave some of these fighters more than the UFC. Basically, they felt wanted and trusted Coker and the organization.

None of those to have been the deciding factors....
Its if UFC wants to keep you or not.

Back