Big John McCarthy on Till vs Wonderboy

But that's my point. Total damage done is the same for both guys, as it was for round 1 of Wonderboy/Till.
That’s my point. You didn’t word it that way,at all,not even close,and then you bring Octagon Control into it to either tie the round,or let Till win. It’s crazy,and exactly the reason BJM made the statement he made about Octagon Control. Since you said you rewatched the fight,rewatch it again then because if you had to use Octagon Control to score the round,you didn’t watch close enough...

So the round Till knocked Thompson down twice, he didn't win?

Okay boss!

That’s my point. You didn’t word it that way,at all,not even close,and then you bring Octagon Control into it to either tie the round,or let Till win. It’s crazy,and exactly the reason BJM made the statement he made about Octagon Control. Since you said you rewatched the fight,rewatch it again then because if you had to use Octagon Control to score the round,you didn’t watch close enough...

I did watch it again, actually, since I made that post, and I still believe it's a tie or for Till. You aren't making any points at all now besides just saying 'no' to whatever I have to say. I know what I saw, and neither fighter did any significant damage in round 1.

I did watch it again, actually, since I made that post, and I still believe it's a tie or for Till. You aren't making any points at all now besides just saying 'no' to whatever I have to say. I know what I saw, and neither fighter did any significant damage in round 1.
I only said “no”. Lol okay...

I accept what BJM says because he is a certified legend and very knowledgeable, and has had significant input into writing the Unified Rules including the scoring criteria.

However, is he actually a registered judge? i know he trains ref's and does seminars on the unifed rules and their applications. Will we ever see him judging at events now that he is no longer reffing full time?

He has a school he runs that certifies Refs and Judges......meaning he teaches the judges how to judge lol.

Good question. I have no idea if he's on a list of certified judges or not. Off the top of my head, I don't recall any refs working as judges except Cecil Peoples. lol

I just thought it was amusing that he wrote a lot of the rules the judges are supposed to go by and they don't seem to know them. That's one of the problems with judges in my opinion. They often seem to judge fights however the fuck they want and base it on their own private criteria. It's especially bad when judges more known for boxing judge MMA fights.

Guys like Cecil wouldn't pass BJMs course lol.

wtf, it seems like with a 3 day course you can be an MMA judge. or this is just a certification and not necessarily makes you qualified to be one

http://mmareferee.com/?q=node/11

Seminars Offered: Judging - 1 day informational and/or Referee - 1 day informational *Please note - These seminars are offered/hosted by the ABC and are NOT for COMMAND Certification.*

These seem like beginners courses not a full certification class which takes a few days.

You pay a couple hundred bucks take the course for a few days then take a test and pass or fail.If you pass you get certified but this literally means nothing because this is the equivalent of an amateur license.

You must then travel to regional shows and shadow the judges (tgis is assigned to you)and turn in mach scorecards to the same guy the judges hand theirs into and if your scores are close enough or identical then he will sign off on your scoring.you do this for a full year or two and if you score accurately enough you can qualify for your professional license.Not sure if further testing is required.

For refs you take a few day course,take test, then you volunteer services for regional or local events and slowly build credibility up and earn Hespect lol.

Wonderboy barely landed anything clean. All his high kicks missed if you watched closely. Till didnt land much either, mostly jabs and leg kicks.

As a ref.

As a ref, and as a guy who certifies people to be refs and judges,and as literally the person who WROTE how to score a fight and the very rules they follow during the fight.

Seminars Offered: Judging - 1 day informational and/or Referee - 1 day informational *Please note - These seminars are offered/hosted by the ABC and are NOT for COMMAND Certification.*

These seem like beginners courses not a full certification class which takes a few days.

You pay a couple hundred bucks take the course for a few days then take a test and pass or fail.If you pass you get certified but this literally means nothing because this is the equivalent of an amateur license.

You must then travel to regional shows and shadow the judges (tgis is assigned to you)and turn in mach scorecards to the same guy the judges hand theirs into and if your scores are close enough or identical then he will sign off on your scoring.you do this for a full year or two and if you score accurately enough you can qualify for your professional license.Not sure if further testing is required.

For refs you take a few day course,take test, then you volunteer services for regional or local events and slowly build credibility up and earn Hespect lol.
you sure know quite a bit

I'm a registered sex offender and I'm more qualified to score fights than some registered judges like Adelaide Byrd, CJ Ross and Cecil peoples

Yeah? Well I'm a registered sex offender judge, and I am WAY more qualified to score fights than you. In fact, I have a black belt on my ankle bracelet.

Well I sometikes work with sex offenders, and I know you guys aren't supposed to have internet access.

Mods should intervene. There are a lot of children posting here.

Speaking for writing new rules, let’s include a G columns next to the D column.

G for Gay.

you sure know quite a bit
It's because i wanted to become a Ref but did research and saw the pay was shit lol.

So I researched judging and got certified years ago I've judged a few local events and stuff but I have a full time job it leaves little play time lol especially when it requires travel with little to no compensation.But it's much less of a job judging then being a ref.

It's been quite a while since I judged I'd have to pay a renewal fee if I wanted to now I'm pretty sure HAHA.

I scored it 50-49 for Till, I had no interest in scoring those first 4 rounds. I was bored and a little upset that Thompson wasn’t engaging AGAIN. He’s very much like Machida, he can be one of the most exciting finishers in the sport, but when he’s not it is some of the most boring “fighting” one can witness.

No shit, Sherlock? It's what we've been talking about in this very thread. So McCarthy is exactly right, you call him an idiot and now you're exposed as the moron. Good job!
Hey Peter, Exactly so BJM is incorrect. He states octagonal n control
Can’t give you the round but it can of the judges score it even on grappling and striking. So, obviously that’s what happened. I disagree with him that WB hit harder and cleaner. It was a stalemate accept for octagon control.

lol people are acting like this was the robbery of the century. It was a close fight in your opponents home town. Not the most surprising of outcomes.

He has an opinion just like anyone else, I usually agree with his but this time he's wrong, opinions are like arse holes, every fuckers got one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back