Big country won

Gerald Ford

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
That was a close fight but I gave it to Roy, Mitrione gave up in the 3rd.

Close either way ...i can see either winning

The only round that was completely one sided was the 3rd and it was Roy’s

It was a borderline 10-8 in the third and Matt clearly won the first two. It was in no way a robbery.

I had Mitrione winning the first 2 easy. He was piecing him up. Nelson can take a serious shot. He should have taken him down earlier cause Mitrione was helpless on the ground. Think Roy wanted to KO him out of pride. If they had another round, I think Roy would have been smart, took him down early, and that would be the end of it.

Someone posted the same already, but you both are wrong, Roy lost the fight 2-1, judges got it right.

First judge scored it a tie
Thats why they have 3 judges, a draw was an acceptable result as well, third could had been a 10-8, Matt was looking clean tho, not much actual damage done by Roy, but still no robbery.

I wouldn’t call it a “robbery” it was close but Mitrione couldn’t get a single take down and they both landed punches.
Mitrione was better on the feet but not dominant, on the ground however, Mitrione was a fish out of water.

Not that is would have been pretty, but Bellator really needs to make these HW tourney fights 5 rds...I mean they are main events anyway...why the fuck dont they?

Watched the fight this morning and yeah was 28-28 imo, but Matt mentally broke in the third...another minute or another rd and Roy would have taken it.

It was a borderline 10-8 in the third and Matt clearly won the first two. It was in no way a robbery.

I'd have gone 10-8 if Mitrione hadn't been able to free himself. But as it was, 29-28 Mitrione.

I wouldn't have complained about an extra round.

I’d have been fine with a draw, but if it had to go one way over the other, it had to go to Mitrione.

Mitrione 29-28. Country did zero damage. Pitty pat punches on the ground don't count for a 10-8 round.

I’d have gave it to Big Country too, but a draw would have been fine. Cest la vie.

It was either a draw or a Mitrione win. How could you give either of the first two rounds to Roy? Matt landed way more shots on the feet and then got laid on for the last minute of the first two rounds. That last minute of laying on a guy doesn't negate being pieced up for the first 4 minutes on the feet.

You don't win fights with takedowns and landing zero gnp or going for zero submissions.

Roy was getting beat on the feet easily by mitrione by leg kicks,lead uppercuts,and Sharpe straight punches.Roy looked for a big right and threw a few looking left hooks but landed nothing significant then got late takedowns where he controlled but did little to no damage at all.Mitrione easily won the first 2 rounds.

3rd round Roy finally put some urgency in and got an earlier takedown and tried to finish with his favorite crucifix position LMFAO fail.

I remember watching TUF with Nelson on it and him emphasizing to his team how the ref is OBLIGATED to stop the fight after I think 10-15 unanswered strikes regardless of the power because the fighter is defensless.IIRC he finished a fight or 2 in the house that way.

After the 3rd round I heard Nelson saying to his corner"why didn't they stop the fight in the crucifix?",to which his corner replied....."because he (mitrione)told them not to."

The ref did an excellent job of talking to mitrione telling him to move and try to advance or defend, and mitrione to his credit felt the ref was getting close to stopping it and made sure to make solid eye contact and remained speaking to him to let him know those pitter patter BS shots weren't hurting him.

Big country can flip off cameras and complain but no one to blame but yourself you tubby bastard.You got beat up on the feet and in the area you are supposed to have a huge advantage in you fucking lay and prayed......and have the balls to think you won?????

Just be humble and accept you got your ass beat bro.....

Last edited:
Roy clearly lost the first two rounds. CLEARLY. If you want to give him the third as a 10-8 then i have zero issue with that. But in no way is that a robbery.

Roy definitely won round 3 and it could've been a 10-8. But how can u give either round 1 or 2 to Roy? Explain.

Draw and by rule they would have round 4

Back