Better division: Lightweight or Welterweight?

Better division?

• Lightweight

• Welterweight

Results are only viewable after voting.
Right now it's LW.

Historically speaking though it's WW IMO.

Also keep in mind that LW is clogged and Woodley is on the verge of cleaning out his division. That helps LW and hurts WW.

crazy to think dos anjos, cerrone, and masvidal were all LW's not too long ago

LW by a mile. WW is the thinnest it's been in quite some time. That's why so many LWs are moving up; they see opportunity.

Right now WW is the weakest it's been in a long time. When former LW's move up and start doing damage there that's bad.

Before WW's moved down because they couldn't hang now it's the opposite.

Right now WW is the weakest it's been in a long time. When former LW's move up and start doing damage there that's bad.

Before WW's moved down because they couldn't hang now it's the opposite.
Just tells you that they were cutting too much weight to begin with.

Just tells you that they were cutting too much weight to begin with.

If they were having problems making weight or with their gas tank yes, when they don't have those issues then no they weren't

Was Ceronne ever known to gas at 155 badly? I don't ever remeber that being an issue for him

If they were having problems making weight or with their gas tank yes, when they don't have those issues then no they weren't

Was Ceronne ever known to gas at 155 badly? I don't ever remeber that being an issue for him
He gassed like a motherfucker against Nate, but that's only one instance.
RDA reportedly passed out a couple of times from his weight cuts.

It's not just cardio. It's the effect of punches and kicks on the body. Dehydration affects your ability to take a punch.

He gassed like a motherfucker against Nate, but that's only one instance.
RDA reportedly passed out a couple of times from his weight cuts.

It's not just cardio. It's the effect of punches and kicks on the body. Dehydration affects your ability to take a punch.
I understand all that and it's a problem when the cut is too much, I wasn't aware any of the fighters that had moved up had a history of problems from big cuts but I've only really watched cowboy fight and it was some time ago

Lightweight. It has always been the best division. Currently, top 15 consists of guys who walk around at 185-205 pounds and compete at 175-185 pounds in the cage. That's an average athletic adult male weight and that's why the LW has the biggest talent pool.

LW

Bellator has better WW division than UFC

Lightweight is the premier MMA division. Awesome even below the top 10-15. Adriano Martins, Rustam Khabilov, Duffy, Felder, Massaranduba, "Angry" Al Iaquinta...

The bottom 5 or 6 LWs are not as impressive as the bottom 5 or 6 WWs. Justin Gaethe is the best argument that LW might be better. Him coming on to the scene along with Rory and Larkin leaving the UFC are deciding factors.

LW. it used to be WW but its gone downhill last few years. LW is better now

Would go with 155 if Mcgregor was around to defend and Khabib didn't have to go to the hospital. But right now I have been digging most 170 fights. Plus , Usman and Perry are looking like legit prospects. #LETMEBANG !!!

Lightweight for sure; any gains Welterweight may have made on Lightweight in the last year or so with guys like Cowboy, RDA, and Masvidal moving up have been mostly negated by Rory and Larkin jumping ship to Bellator. I do think Welterweight has the better prospects of the two divisions though.

Back