Better division: Lightweight or Welterweight?

Better division?

• Lightweight

• Welterweight

Results are only viewable after voting.

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
Lightweight:

Champion : Conor McGregor
1 Khabib Nurmagomedov
2 Tony Ferguson
3 Eddie Alvarez
4 Edson Barboza
5 Justin Gaethje
6 Nate Diaz
7 Kevin Lee
8 Dustin Poirier
9 Michael Johnson
10 Michael Chiesa
11 Al Iaquinta
12 Beneil Dariush
13 Anthony Pettis
14 Evan Dunham
15 Mairbek Taisumov

Plus: Rustam Khabilov, Franciso Trinaldo, Will Brooks, Jim Miller, Joe Duffy, Paul Felder, James Vick, Joe Lauzon, Gregor Gillespie, Charles Oliviera, Nik Lentz, Lando Vannata, Diego Sanchez, Marc Diakiese, Clay Guida, Drakkar Klose, Marcin Held, Erik Koch, Ross Pearson, Drew Dober, etc.

Welterweight:

Champion : Tyron Woodley
1 Robbie Lawler
2 Stephen Thompson
3 Demian Maia
4 Jorge Masvidal
5 Rafael Dos Anjos
6 Donald Cerrone
7 Carlos Condit
8 Colby Covington
9 Santiago Ponzinibbio
10 Neil Magny
11 Kamaru Usman
12 Gunnar Nelson
13 Dong Hyun Kim
14 Alex Oliveira
15 Mike Perry

Plus: Matt Brown, Tarec Saffiedine, Alex Oliviera, Thiago Alves, Rick Story, Leon Edwards, Tim Means, Jake Ellenberger, Niko Price, Alan Jouban, Tom Breese, Jingliang Li, Alex Morono, Mickey Gall, Emil Meek, Darren Till, Court McGee, Sean Strickland, Ben Saunders, Alex Garcia, Alberto Mina, Zack Cummings, Sergio Moraes, Ryan LaFlare, Erick Silva, Warlley Alves, Belal Muhammad, etc.

I would say personally it's lightweight, but if MacDonald and Larkin was still in the UFC, then it would be very close.

How the fuck is khabib still ahead of tony? Is he ahead on most lists? What list are u posting?

Right now

both suck

Welterweight is where all these guys are looking neck and neck, I could see several guys rising up and becoming champion or I could see Woodley continuing to hold onto the belt for a while. So yeah I'll say 170.

Lightweight and is not even close. The division is so stacked and competitive from #15 to #1 that we haven't seen a dominant champion with more than 3 defenses.

Welterweight doesn't even have a clear contender right now.

Lightweight, but Welterweight gets points for having a champion that defends.

The UFC's rankings.
Khabib has 2 fights in past 3.5 years how the fuck is he #1 contender?? And u guys call that division strong? U dont even have to fight to be on top pretty sad if u ask me

Welterweight cause they have a defending champ.

Lightweight easily it's not even remotely close.

Lightweight easily it's not even remotely close.

Seriously.

Is this thread a joke? UFC's WW division is weak as fuck. Bellator's is at least on par if not better. Larkin holds wins over three current top 10 guys in the UFC and has gone 0-2 in Bellator. Rory Mac holds a win over the current UFC champ. Koreshkov would be, at worst, a top 5 guy in the UFC if not an outright contender for the title. Lima and Daley would be top 10.

The division overall is as weak as it's ever been, and Bellator has about half of the top 10. The idea that UFC's WW division is better than their LW division is laughable.

Seriously.

Is this thread a joke? UFC's WW division is weak as fuck. Bellator's is at least on par if not better. Larkin holds wins over three current top 10 guys in the UFC and has gone 0-2 in Bellator. Rory Mac holds a win over the current UFC champ. Koreshkov would be, at worst, a top 5 guy in the UFC if not an outright contender for the title. Lima and Daley would be top 10.

The division overall is as weak as it's ever been, and Bellator has about half of the top 10. The idea that UFC's WW division is better than their LW division is laughable.

The poll results tell me it's pretty damn close.

So no, the thread is not a joke.

LW has been the best division for a long time. The talent is ridiculous. The politics and shit at the championship and #1 contender spot is annoying, but outside of that, damn near anyone in the top 10 vs anyone else in the top 10 is a great match up with title implications(if it was just ranking based.)

people calling WW weak???
Weak???????????
{<huh}

Woodley is weak?? Lawler weak?? Maia??? Wonderboy????? RDA?????? Condit????? Masvidal??? Cerrone????
<LikeReally5>

WW was the most overrated and one of the weakest divisions during GSPs reign. Bellator arguably has a better WW division than the UFC at the moment.

Lightweight easy.

Lightweight gets my body ready. Even though welterweight is exciting I can still skip a matchup or 2.

Back