Best way to get a construction job ?

I don't know anyone in construction and I forgot to mention that I started volunteering with habitat for humanity and have done a few things (installing drywall, frame work) and I did ok (had trouble properly nailing things). Overall I really enjoyed it and want to learn more but I really can't afford to go to school or even work full time (unless it doesn't interfere with my other job) but thanks for the advice and hopefully tomorrow I can get someone to take me under their wing (maybe I will work for free).

Start with doing the cleanup, move up from there. We have no use for people not wanting to pay their dues. I have over 20 years in the trades, am a ticketed plumber, and general contractor at times, but will do grunt work as the need arises.

Have you looked into trade school? Either that or just show up to the job site shirtless and oiled up. You'll get the gig.

I just called a bunch of construction companies until one of them said they needed people. sometimes they will also put up a big ass banner next to a future construction site with a phone number hiring. I wouldn't do construction again it is easier to work in a warehouse and you make the same money.

Have you looked into trade school? Either that or just show up to the job site shirtless and oiled up. You'll get the gig.
electricians make more money than most people on a construction site they make like 33 an hour plus overtime I have a cousin who went to trade school for that,dangerous job though.

electricians make more money than most people on a construction site they make like 33 an hour plus overtime I have a cousin who went to trade school for that,dangerous job though.
Ok, thanks?

GyC8w8r.jpg
philLeotardo.gif

Get on somewhere as a laborer, show up on time, bust your ass, and don't act like a dumbass. After a few months, they'll probably approach you about whether you're interested in learning the actual shit.

Aim higher and get a real job.

You don't want to be painting houses like a pleb when you're 40...

I just called a bunch of construction companies until one of them said they needed people. sometimes they will also put up a big ass banner next to a future construction site with a phone number hiring. I wouldn't do construction again it is easier to work in a warehouse and you make the same money.
Over here you make alot more working construction then a warehouse job.

Why do you look down on tradespeople?

I don't look down on them, just seems like a shitty way to spend your life. Plus you get broken down with age, what are you supposed to do when you have banged up knees and back and you're like 50??? Retire on that drywall money????....ok.

I don't look down on them, just seems like a shitty way to spend your life. Plus you get broken down with age, what are you supposed to do when you have banged up knees and back and you're like 50??? Retire on that drywall money????....ok.
Bye that age should be running own business and mooching on a union site

Back