Best way to develop a hard punch?

Holy shit the dead has risen.

You presence has been missed in the Pro Wrestling threads.

Hey Kabuki! Barely recognized you with the whole blue get-up. Still going strong, eh? I'll have to drop by.

Hey Kabuki! Barely recognized you with the whole blue get-up. Still going strong, eh? I'll have to drop by.

Yeah I joined the Dark Side and now I regulate thangs here. Good to have you back.

Uh for the record, Mike Tyson is right-handed and stands orthodox. Jeff Lacey is also right-handed and he stands orthodox. Oscar DLH is however left-handed but he takes the orthodox stance.

I don't know, I think we should ask the "worlds most dangerous puncher"
He'll probably tell us to practice on watermelons.

what do you guys think about just whaling on a heavy bag as hard as you can?

i heard cus got tyson a real heavy bag and wanted him to move the bag with his punches

i've also heard that rocky marciano would punch a special 300 lb bag for rounds on end

and i've also seen prince naseem hamed and george foreman just swing hard into the heavy bag as well

as far as mma goes i've seen chuck liddel with his trainers at the pit say that they foccus on just hittin as hard as possible againts the targets while training and not so much on technique at times.

i've been trying this on the real heavy bag at my gym but do also incorporate punches with technique while training as well. but as far as just swinging away at the bag...it has to account for somthing right?

is it kind of like the mentality in tennis...grip it and rip it?

I recently Switched to a southpaw stance because i noticed it is more effective than regular stance..but when i switched my power and speed was all messed up and i used these 5 lb dumbells that are wrapped in cloth and have a soft handle and held those and shadow boxed with them and my speed and power increased alot within a short amount of time but Ideally the 2 most important things i Know Power is..

Technique and Speed= KO

The easiest and most effective way to increase punching power is to simply add mass. If you are 350 pounds and train for a week in technique, you will hit a heavy bag much much harder than Cro Cop. The problem is, you will never land it in a fight.

The easiest and most effective way to increase punching power is to simply add mass. If you are 350 pounds and train for a week in technique, you will hit a heavy bag much much harder than Cro Cop. The problem is, you will never land it in a fight.

There's plenty 350lb guys who couldn't crack an egg with their punches.

King Kabuki said:
There's plenty 350lb guys who couldn't crack an egg with their punches.
only because they coun't hit it. If you are heavy and can rotate your hips you can hit hard

example butter bean

only because they coun't hit it. If you are heavy and can rotate your hips you can hit hard

example butter bean

If you can rotate your hips and can hit, then you don't need to be 350lbs.

King Kabuki said:
If you can rotate your hips and can hit, then you don't need to be 350lbs.
Wait....I got one....what if you are trying to KO Mark Hunt!

...still doesnt work:redface:

The best thing is accuracy, hit him on the button. remember to get a good base and use your hips/back/and even shoulders not just your arms

Michael Wanaka said:
Watch his pro fights. He is technically great but just lacks power.

I've been hit by pro's who knock their opponents out. I train with these guys on a pretty regular basis. Hayato Sakurai, Chris Leben, Matt Hume, Akira Shoji, Josh Barnett, Tyrone glover, Niko, and Reese Andy, and the boxer who fought Mark Hunt in pride, Nishijima I think. That's all i can think of right now. I've never been down sparring these dudes.

nice one sir!

post some videos of your fights

I'm telling you pressure points, learn them and you dont need hevey hands. There is no such thin as a weak or strong chin. If you hit someone in stomich 5 with the right angle and direction you'll knock him out. It doesnt matter how big or strong you are.
Check out George Dillman.

If you do train with wieghts while punching then going slow and more weight is the key.Start out at 5lbs half speed 1/4 stregnth for 10 extra min. a day.The Right punch at the right time is all it takes.

Back