Best TUF Heels

What's the deal with Josh Samman? I have to admit I didn't catch the whole season, but I like the guy... There was a fight a while ago that he won via headkick very late, and he got super emotional in the interview afterwards and said that there was some shit in his life and so on... Made me a fan, and I'd completely forgotten about him... Did he do something in particular or just act like an asshole in general? I'll add it to the OP, I just need something to add!

I like lists... I've made several but they've been deleted over the years - I said if never do another one after I spent a whole day making an enormous "jailed figters" list with hundreds of names on it... Should have copied it to a document... It actually hurt me to lose that one... Another good one I miss was my "Career Suicide Moments" with loads of awesome contributions... This thread is built to last though.

The best list on Sherdog is the one about wrestling legends in PWD... Amazing compilation.
From what I remember, Josh just came off as an arrogant douche. Saying how he was obviously the best in the house & talking shit behind Urijah's back but then not saying anything to his face... From what remember...

Season 20:

Carla Esparza - Bullied Randa.

Felice Herrig - backed Carla on the bullying

Bullied Randa? LOL.

Randa is a badass professional fighter, not a geeky underclassman being intimidated at school into handing over her lunch money.

Last edited:
Bullied Randa? LOL.

Randa is a badass professional fighter, not a geeky underclassman being intimidated at school into handing over her lunch money.

That charge of bullying--which others have brought as well--always seemed odd to me. Does it arise from those involved being women? Would you, for instance, say that McGregor bullied Aldo before their fight? Pre-fight mind games and conflict are just a part of the professional fight business, and are what TUF producers especially hope for (and give extra TV time to).

Carla was clear favourite going in, and nobody had really heard of Randa... She also managed to get other people to follow her. Not exactly playground shit, but the fact they're women is beside the point... I said various other people did similar things but you've only picked up on the women.

I don't think Conor bullied Aldo... I think he royally took the piss and also that Dana sold out on him, but it's not like being locked in a house with someone who is out to make you feel like shit and being unable to do much to stop them for fear of career reprisals.

For what it's worth, I don't like the word "bully", especially in this context, because it implies victimisation and you're right, they are all fighters at the end if it and can defend themselves just fine, however I was making a list, and it was the best single word expression I could muster for the moment... And it does fit, even if it's contentious.

I still root against tony ferguson because of his antics on the show. If you go back and look at that....it's pretty despicable.
Noah from season 5 also told BJ's grappling coach that he was missing a chromosome and wouldn't take practice seriously until said grappling coach gave a fantastic lesson in respect. All the while BJ was yelling at Noah to fight back and show the coach...great TUF moment from my favorite season.

This certainly isn't a great example of a heel but I remember feeling so bad for that long haired dude on the last tuf season. He and Julian Erosa were getting on great and then all of a sudden Erosa called him out and started picking on him. Was incredibly satisfying seeing Artem ko him :)

Dylan Andrews KO of Barnett is still one of my favourite fights.

Crazy thing is I actually thought Luke was gonna run through all of his opponents and win haha. I certainly learnt that being tall and rangy is a not a 100 % guarantee you'll excel in a smaller weight class

Leben (more of an anti-hero maybe)
Koscheck
Browning
Meathead
Bisping
Ferguson

Crazy thing is I actually thought Luke was gonna run through all of his opponents and win haha. I certainly learnt that being tall and rangy is a not a 100 % guarantee you'll excel in a smaller weight class
Thanks for the GIF. Yeah, I had him as a favourite along with Uriah, but damn. Best TUF in a while I reckon, great editing. I remember when they had Andrews in the corner with his Muay Thai coach showing him a picture of his daughter. Then he comes out and does this. Epic shit.

Junie was a legend.

"does so and so have a chance of beating ? ...*smirks* He's got a better chance of getting me pregnant" Best pre fight line of all time IMO. (then they show the dude he was fighting on some sadistic rant about identifying with Napoleon and wanting to pillage villages and shit.)

Dana comes to the house after a Junie rampage "Junie.......what the fuck is wrong with you?"

Dana realizing the ratings potential of Junie's antics lets the other guys know "this aint survivor you don't vote him off! You beat him off! Whoa that didn't sound right"

Kingsbury ate some pissy pineapple and retaliated by tricking some dude into eating jizz IIRC too that season.

And we got the next GSP Phillpe Nover, overall GOAT season.

Junie was a legend.

"does so and so have a chance of beating ? ...*smirks* He's got a better chance of getting me pregnant" Best pre fight line of all time IMO. (then they show the dude he was fighting on some sadistic rant about identifying with Napoleon and wanting to pillage villages and shit.)

Dana comes to the house after a Junie rampage "Junie.......what the fuck is wrong with you?"

Dana realizing the ratings potential of Junie's antics lets the other guys know "this aint survivor you don't vote him off! You beat him off! Whoa that didn't sound right"

Kingsbury ate some pissy pineapple and retaliated by tricking some dude into eating jizz IIRC too that season.

And we got the next GSP Phillpe Nover, overall GOAT season.

It was either best or second best to season 5 for me... You also had the Tom Lawler late night KO of a drunken Dave Kaplan "I cannot be knocked out... try me" and then putting him straight to sleep... And Vinny... Deplorable... Come to think of.it I think it was Kaplan that ate the jizz. Bader ate the piss too.

I'm watching TUF 5, and I am amazed at Gabe Ruediger's shit starting abilities. From episode 1 he is telling people that he doesn't like them. I don't even get why he was starting shit with Matt Wiman. They were on the same team! Maybe he was a Zuffa plant to create drama.

Jeremy may is mine. Such an arrogant guy! Seeing Matt brown head kick him to hell was so satisfying

TUF 4 - not all good guys Jeremy Jackson wasted the opportunity by sneaking out yo hang out with a girl he met at the gym. Later convicted of rape. Not a good guy at all

Charles McCarthy - captain miserable. Not necessarily a villain but def a miserable fuck

Shonie carter - annoyed a lot of people in the house. Seemed to enjoy annoying everyone. Plus annoyed both teams by showing up to the work out with the other team. But he thought GSP the pink walk so he's still cool lol

Rich franklin - came in as a guest coach all the MW for suspicious of him. Give Matt Serra the ridiculous advice to start the fight on his knees.

Matt Serra - took advantage of Svott smith being gullible and got him to take harder fight against lutter. All so his boy Drago could have an easier route.

TUF 14

TJ dillashaw. Did y'all forgot how unlikeable the draft dodger was on TUF 14. Avoided Jon Dodson turned out it wa for good reason.

Junie was the worse, but Akira is the only fighter to almost have his win overturned due to his post-fight behavior.

So... Joanna then?

I loved it went Nate wouldnt take any shit from Parisian dnd I thought Nate was a badass.

My funniest moment was that lightweight guy getting the light heavyweight guy to punch him because he said he cant be knocked out then proceeded to sleep on the floor after.

Woke up and said he wasn't properly knocked out. hahaha

I watched that loads but cant remember their names, anyone?

I loved it went Nate w
ouldnt take any shit from Parisian dnd I thought Nate was a badass.

My funniest moment was that lightweight guy getting the light heavyweight guy to punch him because he said he cant be knocked out then proceeded to sleep on the floor after.

Woke up and said he wasn't properly knocked out. hahaha

I watched that loads but cant remember their names, anyone?

That would have been Filthy Tom Lawlor knocking out Dave Kaplan... A GOAT moment!

Couple questions:

How did Brock or Hughes "terrorize" their teams?

Wasn't the guy who Ferguson yelled that at a deadbeat dad?

Additions:

Season 3: Didn't Grove and Herman screw with Rory for no reason? I vaguely remember them drawing on his gear or something.

Season 18: Juliana Pena was the heel. Even her own team hated her. I did love the scene where Rocky is telling her how loud she is when she (Rocky) is still trying to sleep and Pena keeps denying it, then they flash to her little confessional and she's like, "Fuck her, she should get out of bed, I'll be as loud as I want."

It was either best or second best to season 5 for me... You also had the Tom Lawler late night KO of a drunken Dave Kaplan "I cannot be knocked out... try me" and then putting him straight to sleep... And Vinny... Deplorable... Come to think of.it I think it was Kaplan that ate the jizz. Bader ate the piss too.

I love how Dave denied he was out. "It knocked me down, but it didn't knock me out."

Back