Best sitcoms of the 2000's

Best sitcoms of the 2000's

• Total voters
Everybody Loves Raymond and The King of Queens shouldn't be on the poll IMO, not only because they premiered in the '90s but because they're way out in front of the pack (Everybody Loves Raymond especially, which is not only the GOAT family sitcom but behind Seinfeld is IMO simply the GOAT sitcom).

I love that you have Yes, Dear on the poll. Easily one of the top five most underrated sitcoms ever made. And I'm with you @Lionel Mandrake on Still Standing.

A criminally underrated sitcom that I literally never see or hear brought up from the 2000s is The War at Home.

258rszl.jpg

Curb then Always Sunny

Curb followed by 30 Rock. Jack Donaghy is one of the best characters of any show imo. Sunny would be third. All the constant yelling starts to grate after awhile.

Went with Curb but congrats to TS for including My Name is Earl.

I voted Curb your enthusiasm, though Arrested Development would have been an easy pick if not for the mediocre reboot. Curb holds up well, and even continuing almost 20 years later, it hasn't declined all that much.

Dude I've watched most of the shows on this list, and they are ALL really good. 2.5 Men is good but it's actually one of the weakest on the list, imo. That's not to say it isn't funny though, it is. They all are.

You never saw much of That 70's Show?
Ya SitComs in prior decades WKRP, Cheers, Night Court, Cosby, Seinfeld, Friends, etc were some of my must watch shows.

On your list I think i have only seen a couple episodes of That 70's Show and Everybody Loves Raymond and only because I was in the room while others were watching and not because I choose them.

Truth is though I have watched very little TV since 2000 on and have not cable for most of it. I am now getting to focus on some of these shows I missed via download and binge watch so I might one day catch up on some of them. I think Curb your Enthusiasm would be right up my alley from what I have heard about it.

1. The Office
2. Community
3. Scrubs
4. Curb Your enthusiasm
5. Everybody Loves Raymond
6. It's Always Sunny
7. Schitts Creek
8. 30 Rock
9. Parks and recreation
10. Corner Gas

How the hell do you not even have Arrested Development I'm there at all?

To me number 1 is Arrested Development and it's not that close. It's my favorite sitcom of all time.

Did anyone in this thread ever watch Arrested Development? It's GOAT for me.

2) Sunny
3) The Office
4) Curb

That 70's show was massive when I was growing up, everyone around me and my siblings age ( we are all 5 years apart ) watched it including my parents because it reminded them of their childhood a bit.

My favorite show for the last few years has been the office, I've watched it many times all the way through and I really wanted to pick it but that 70's show was just an absolute classic.

I remember certain parts and episodes that i haven't seen in 10 years, plus kelso and Jackie turned into massive stars. It just had to get my vote.

Love the office tho

Ya SitComs in prior decades WKRP, Cheers, Night Court, Cosby, Seinfeld, Friends, etc were some of my must watch shows.

On your list I think i have only seen a couple episodes of That 70's Show and Everybody Loves Raymond and only because I was in the room while others were watching and not because I choose them.

Truth is though I have watched very little TV since 2000 on and have not cable for most of it. I am now getting to focus on some of these shows I missed via download and binge watch so I might one day catch up on some of them. I think Curb your Enthusiasm would be right up my alley from what I have heard about it.

I've been trying to watch shows like Taxi and Cheers b/c they're free on Amazon or CBS on Amazon; but, to me, they're not very good. TV shows have improved tremendously. Movies and music...meh, not so much

Two things: I never got the love for It's always Sunny ... I tried to get into it cuz a lot of people (as evidenced by this poll) seem to love it, but no.

And second, Peep Show (from the UK) is probably my favorite alongside The Office (US).

I've been trying to watch shows like Taxi and Cheers b/c they're free on Amazon or CBS on Amazon; but, to me, they're not very good. TV shows have improved tremendously. Movies and music...meh, not so much
I am guessing its an age thing and what you grow up with.

I've noticed todays generation (millenials) need much faster pacing in all media. The action has to come quicker (heck you better lead out with a big explosion) and the jokes have to come quicker and be much more in your face or you lose them right away to their phones and other stuff they are doing. Within minutes of movie or tv show starting they seem to have judged boring if they are not instantly stimulated. It is defiantely changing the nature of storytelling.

Its also not something I like that much because I grew up with much more storytelling and build up and lead up to a scene. We patiently waited as things unfolded and now I find it is not stop jokes or action just hammering your senses.

So ya if you are younger (I am guessing you are) then I can see your point as shows like Cheers and particularly Frasier have that build up. I would not call one better or worse than the other, just different. I do prefer the older style better but that is just me.

it will be interesting to see how the GOAT lists for shows changes over the next few decades.

Technically, Curb is probably the best but my heart will always vote for It's Always Sunny.

I am guessing its an age thing and what you grow up with.

I've noticed todays generation (millenials) need much faster pacing in all media. The action has to come quicker (heck you better lead out with a big explosion) and the jokes have to come quicker and be much more in your face or you lose them right away to their phones and other stuff they are doing. Within minutes of movie or tv show starting they seem to have judged boring if they are not instantly stimulated. It is defiantely changing the nature of storytelling.

Its also not something I like that much because I grew up with much more storytelling and build up and lead up to a scene. We patiently waited as things unfolded and now I find it is not stop jokes or action just hammering your senses.

So ya if you are younger (I am guessing you are) then I can see your point as shows like Cheers and particularly Frasier have that build up. I would not call one better or worse than the other, just different. I do prefer the older style better but that is just me.

it will be interesting to see how the GOAT lists for shows changes over the next few decades.

I'm 44 and I am trying to figure out why I thought these shows were funny when I was a kid. Everyone would talk about those shows b/c there were fewer options. I wasn't allowed to watch a lot of TV when I was a kid--I would sneak around though--maybe that has something to do w/ it. Like I said the music back in the day was better and more iconic movies

I'm 44 and I am trying to figure out why I thought these shows were funny when I was a kid. Everyone would talk about those shows b/c there were fewer options. I wasn't allowed to watch a lot of TV when I was a kid--I would sneak around though--maybe that has something to do w/ it. Like I said the music back in the day was better and more iconic movies
Interesting. I'm 49. I still love old episodes of WKRP, Cheers, Frasier,etc. I loved Seinfeld as well but think that was really the beginning of the non stop quicker gag type humour which I found Friends took to the next level and i did not like as much. To me it seemed Friends and many of the shows after seemed to believe every line was an excuse for a quick throw away joke.

I'm still trying to figure out he people see Arrested Development equal to How I Met Your Mother? Are you kidding me? This is like saying GSP and Artem Lobov are at about the same level of skill in MMA.

Back