Social Best pizza in America?

Just watched the first two minutes. New Haven 4th. Gtfo. Only reason New Javen wasn’t numba one is because them hardworking folks in that city don’t need a hippie/hipster to flaunt the best pizza in the USA.

Chicago? Yes, I’ll have a large deep dish aka casserole with a side of 9mm. Thanks.

There used to be a chain here that made awesome BBQ pizza with beef and onions but they all closed during the pandemic.
Damn with all the free money going around during the pandemic and everyone and their uncle ordering take out/delivery, if a pizza couldn’t survive that then that pizza probably sucked lol lmao.

So two things:
New Haven is the best pizzas town in the US (probably biased since I grew up on the means streets of CT)

This dudes video (haven’t watch it yet) is just trying to get in on the pizza review craze brought to us by Davy Portnoy. He just wants them views, man.

Dave is all about Joanies now, New Haven may have competition

So two things:
New Haven is the best pizzas town in the US (probably biased since I grew up on the means streets of CT)

This dudes video (haven’t watch it yet) is just trying to get in on the pizza review craze brought to us by Davy Portnoy. He just wants them views, man.

No it is not. Y'all hype that shit to the moon. Theres nothing wrong with New Haven pizza(unlike Chicago) per say but the hype is not warranted. It is better than the pizza in the rest of CT(which is typically mediocre at best) this is probably what got them all confident.

No it is not. Y'all hype that shit to the moon. Theres nothing wrong with New Haven pizza(unlike Chicago) per say but the hype is not warranted. It is better than the pizza in the rest of CT(which is typically mediocre at best) this is probably what got them all confident.
It’s not hype. It’s advertising and people throwing up good god honest reviews. SMH.

My personal favorite was Regina's in Boston but I haven't been there in probably over ten years now. Wouldn't be surprised if it's fallen off a cliff. NY had quite a few good places as well.

I generally agree with Portnoy and Onebite on their ratings, but with a grain of salt because locals always 10 rating spam the system for their favorite pizza joint. Portnoy also favors crisp while I like more of a balance between crisp and chew. Out of the ones tried in this video, Lucalis is my all time favorite of the ones I've had. My every day favorite is a pizza place down the road. Great slice I could eat all the time. Is it John's of Bleeker or Lucali? Fuck no, but it's a solid 8.1 that I could eat for the rest of my life and not be unhappy.

It’s not hype. It’s advertising and people throwing up good god honest reviews. SMH.

People who've never been to NYC(I can't blame them but that's not relevant).

I grew up in NYC and went to school in the New Haven area and spent a lot of time in both cities. I've gotten the speech about New Havens magical pizza many many times its just not true. I eat pizza very often and I was commonly trying new pizza places in pursuit of the golden goose which I did not find. Because it does not exist.

I feel people who grew up elsewhere where there wasn't good pizza come to New Haven and get wowed by above average pizza because the pizza in the US is generally poor quality but I did not have that experience. Again not terrible the New Haven pizza was somewhat better than the pizza in the rest of the state but it does not warrant the song and dance about New Haven having the best pizza. It is not true.

Delorenzos in Trenton, NJ

Trios Pizza in Glenside, PA

I was born in the Pizza capital of the world. These are the two best.

One of the pizza places featured in the video is older than the one you linked. Are you trolling me? The place you linked sells a mustard pie. That is a food crime.
Crime? It’s perfection.

Back