Best/Personal Favorite Documentaries?

Watched The Imposter the other day because it was well-reviewed on various sites.

Would not recommend. Felt like the twist was given away in the very beginning and the end tried to recover some of the spoiled drama but failed miserably.

Save this to your youtube favourites and watch it someday. If you have not seen it. I'm certain every frame of this film is going down somewhere in some similar way on our planet right now and I found it very interesting.

[YT]JaFVr_cJJIY[/YT]

Be warned though, a cow gets slaughtered and it's kinda brutal...... but that's your hamburger...

Here are 25 of my favorites:

The Man With A Movie Camera (1929)
À propos de Nice (1930)
Chronicle of a Summer (1961)
Warrendale (1967)
Symbiopsychotaxiplasm: Take One (1968)
Innocence Unprotected (1968)
Calcutta (1969)
A Married Couple (1969)
F for Fake (1973)
The Battle of Chile (1975)
Poto and Cabengo (1980)
Koyaanisqatsi (1982)
Sans soleil (1983)
My Crasy Life (1992)
Crumb (1994)
Dark Days (2000)
Dying at Grace (2003)
Memory for Max, Claire, Ida and Company (2005)
Waltz with Bashir (2008)
Samsara (2011)
The Act of Killing (2012)
Leviathan (2012)
Bestiaire (2012)
A Spell to Ward Off the Darkness (2013)
Jodorowsky's Dune (2014)

Never been into Cycling but found this pretty compelling

Cowspiracy is indeed very good.

Finally watched Blackfish a couple of weeks back. Very good. Hard top watch in places. Although I see that several of the ex-Seaworld workers featured in it did not agree with how the story was told.

Anything by the BBC natural history department will usually be incredible. Currently you have The Hunt airing, and yet again they've got some amazing footage.

As people have mentioned Dear Zachary will destroy your soul, and if you don't feel like you have to pick up the pieces and rebuild, congrats, you have no soul!

DO NOT WATCH THIS, until you have watched Dear Zachary (this is for all the ppl who watched it) it is the epilogue to Dear Zachary. (by the film maker)

I have not watched any documentaries outside Ali's and Frazier's, so I'll recommend those if your interested. I just watched Joe Frazier: When The Smoke Clears, Beyond The Glory, and I Am Ali.

Recently watched Cowspiracy, that was pretty damn powerful. It's about the animal agriculture industry, and it is filled with some pretty mind-blowing facts about the world, that you will never hear in the mainstream news. Regardless of what you think about meat, it's a fascinating watch, a real eye-opener, as to just how huge and influential that lobby is. Also exposes the shady side of some pretty major well-known charities.

It's also well-made so it was an easy watch, it's hosted by/follows the filmmaker himself who narrates and unveils the story in an engaging way.

I think it's on netflix. Great stuff

Food Inc. is similar, also worth a watch.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/

Pbs did a documentary and the new will smith movie is based on it. It deals with the nfls concussion issue and the epidemic that follows brain injuries in which former players go mad and commit suicide, CTE. its called "Frontline: League of denial." Its spectacular.

Also on netflix

30 for 30

The Prince of Pennsylvania

Pretty damn good

Religulous
The Men Who Built America
Religulous... A fascinating account of those who have not just wasted their life, but tried to destroy others lives, based on pure mythology... And the lengths they're willing to go in order to do it. Exposes the hate, the cognitive dissonance and just how absolutely divorced from reality one needs to be in order to truly give their lives to one of the thousands of Religions Man has created.

It's an unbelievably disturbing film. Hold on to your hats...

Crips and Bloods: Made in America. Nova Manhunt Boston Bombers. Revolution OS.
Does Cosmos fit in the category? It's a documentary series.

Came across a Pink Floyd documentary about Dark Side of the Moon. A must watch for any Floyd fan especially those who love Dark Side of the Moon.

Also, great clip here describing the background voices, copy/paste the link:
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENU5dKJvVpY&start=2420

Back