Best/Personal Favorite Documentaries?

Been watching a lot of documentaries lately and am looking for some more to watch. Would appreciate if you guys could give me some suggestions. Doesn't matter what it's about, although I do prefer sports ones.

Thanks in advance.

d41339093757624e35078cc4667c1658f675444d.jpg

blackfish%20poster.jpg

6651276871_8aca003173.jpg

MV5BMjAwNjQ1ODA3Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzM1Njk4._V1_.jpg

MV5BMTgyODA4MjQ0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTkxMzQyMQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR112,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Not sure if it has already been mentioned but, Ken Burns, "The Civil War".

Wow, just finished watching the latest Netflix true-crime series The Keepers, a seven-part series focused on the unsolved murder of Sister Cathy Cesnik. Cesnik was murdered at the age of 26 in 1969 and, to this day, both the identity of her killer and cause of death have been shrouded in secrecy.

It involves a Catholic priest who was raping young girls in a Maryland Catholic High School. Some Maryland police also got involved with raping the girls while protecting the priest. Cesnik tries to blow the whole thing open and is killed in the process. The documentary raises more questions than it answers, but its worth the watch. A sad and true story.

Tickled. Because it's batshit insane.

Graphic Sexual Horror; eye-opening documentary about the SM-website business
Sick: The Life & Death of Bob Flanagan - Supermasochist; SM meets CF

Hated: GG Allin & The Miurder Junkies; be sure to check out the extra footage, detailing his last hours, doc is made by the director of The Hangover-movies
The Devil and Daniel Johnston; why metal disorders and LSD do not mix

Samsara & Baraka; the beauty of nature, the horrors of man

Waste Land; garbage meets art
The Bridge; suicides on the Golden Gate Bridge

Bodyline; It's Just Not Cricket; details the emergence of bodyline cricket (bowling bouncers)
Fire in Babylon; tells the story of the importance of cricket in the West Indies

The Barkley Marathons: The Race that Eats its Young; wonderful documentary about the most gruelling ultramarathon on Earth

World War II in Colour

There's also a really obscure series that was shown in the UK called "Tony Robinsons Romans" that was really amazing.

Last edited:
These are all pretty fun to watch:

-American Movie
-I Like Killing Flies
-Shut Up Little Man
-Not Your Typical Bigfoot Movie
-Chasing Ghosts

This is the hardest one to watch:

-Dear Zachary

This one will straight piss you off:

-Jesus Camp

The Seven Five (Netflix)
Magic vs Bird - Courtship of Rivals

Cant think of any more right now but those are my favs of all time

Cane Toads
The Great Happiness Space
Is It Really So Strange?

These are all pretty fun to watch:

-American Movie

This is the hardest one to watch:

-Dear Zachary

This one will straight piss you off:

-Jesus Camp

An ex a couple years ago was on a massive documentary addiction. She loved American Movie.

Murderball is another good one we both enjoyed.

Then came Dear Zachary......similar words but different feelings, not horror and shock but profound sadness, from my buddy's gf when I blindly recommended all three of us watch Irreversible, she asked me after the movie, "Why did you have to pick this one?"

Back