Best Movie Trilogy of all Time

That is ridiculous. Lord of the Rings is an adaption that doesn't even stack up to its source material. Star Wars is a completely original cultural phenomenon.

Its Mcdonalds

Targeted to the most common denominator

I like it as well but I can see it for what it is

The original star was trilogy is superior to Lord of The Rings and every other trilogy. And it’s not close.

Cultural impact
Originality
Box office

And so on.
tumblr_mip2s3oQpx1ri3p6ho1_250.gif

Thanks to the mods I tagged for adding a poll. You fuckers are off my Christmas list.

So much LOTR love, yikes.

You've got a handful of superheroes slicing through orcs like warm butter. They're in all the danger of a man pouring gas on termite mounds from a helicopter. In this stupid world, the elf coulda conquered the baddies all by himself. YAWN

So anyways from that list I go Die Hard. Yeah, I liked Die Hard 2. Shoot me.

The Sergio Leone trilogy isn't really a trilogy. It's almost more an anthology.

Toy Story for me. All the others either have one shit part or aren't that great individually.

aliens

rush hour

the desperado/once upon a time in mexico trilogy

Not sure which one was the best, but the Godfather was the worst out of all those.

A lot of trilogies being mentioned here are part of a greater collection or saga so they do not count. Something like Back to The Future or Beverly Hills Cop is a true trilogy by definition.

main-qimg-ee5f8937dbedd38c644aabbe3ba57f7e-c

Beverly_Hills_Cop_trilogy.jpg

Honorable mention to the new Planet of the Apes trilogy. One of my new favorite movie trilogies.

Episode 1 II III. Phantom menace was the best one of the three.

BLACK BITCHES IN HEAT but VOL 5-7, so I can understand how people overlook it.

So much LOTR love, yikes.

You've got a handful of superheroes slicing through orcs like warm butter. They're in all the danger of a man pouring gas on termite mounds from a helicopter. In this stupid world, the elf coulda conquered the baddies all by himself. YAWN

What's your problem with bros in long wigs broing out together in the woods, bro?

Where is American Ninja?

Son, here's the thing about ninjas .....

Was having a discussion on another board about this and I know there are quite a few movie buffs here so I want to put it out to the masses. Rate based the overall quality of all 3 films in the set and not just the strong ones (consider: are the first 2 Godfather films that much better than others here to cancel out the weak 3rd effort? Same for the Batman Begins/Dark Knight vs. a series like Toy Story where all 3 are classics. Just an example.)

If a mod could make a poll with the following choices, that'd be great. @PUO3 @Slobodan @Zankou

Back to the Future
The Bourne Trilogy
The Dark Knight/Batman Trilogy
The Dollars Film Trilogy
Die Hard
The Godfather Saga
Indiana Jones
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
Toy Story

Feel free to write in other ones that are worthy.

Really good choices. When I think of trilogies the gold standard is Star Wars and LOTR (reminds me of the Clerks 2 argument). I put Indiana Jones up there too, loved all three of those. And although I loved all three Toy Story's it's hard for me to put animated movies on the same tier. For me personally it's:

1. Star Wars
  2. Indiana Jones
  3. LOTR

Back