BEST FIGHTS and BEST EVENTS by Promotion: Pride, UFC, Shooto, Strikeforce, WEC, EliteXC, K-1...

Also the 2007 Women's Open Weight GP holds a special place in my heart. Mainly because Modaferri and Coenen shared the ring with each other in the finals and I have a thing for both of them.

Damn, forgot all about that one. Thanks man.

Going to be almost impossible to pick a sngle event or fight from Shooto. So damn many. Especially fights, thanks to their system of matchmaking.

I would give props to Jungle Fights:
Machida vs. Rich Franklin and
Gonzaga vs. Werdum

Vale Tudo:
Chuck vs. Pele

Not gonna lie, this thread gave me something akin to a "pee shiver".

UFC 9 - best main event ever

UFC 8 is a pure classic also. It was the first ufc event i ever watched. Made me a fan for life.

Definitely worth watching every fight. The whole tournament is great and sprinkled with classic ufc moments.

Its the David vs. Goliath tournament.

Last edited:
UFC 189 was one of the best events ever in the Zuffa era imo.

Hendo vs Shogun was a dogfight, but a little overrated I feel. I don't know which fights would be the best at this moment, I would have to think, but I'd put;

Hunt vs Bigfoot
Maynard vs Edgar 3
Jones vs Gus

Conor vs Mendes and the Nate fights were great too. Rory vs Lawler was brutal. Let's not forget performances like TJ vs Barao 1 and Cody vs Cruz.

Benderson vs Guida, Bermudez vs Grice and Karo vs Diego was three great and underrated fights.

WEC fights I'd put Garcia vs Korean Zombie in there as well, as sloppy as it was. Maybe Varner vs Cerrone 2 as well and Faber vs Aldo? Been a while since I saw the fights.

Btw, great work as usual in this thread! This would be great to archive as the list fills out.

Last edited:
I was thinking along a similar line yesterday. With 200 (numbered) UFC events nearly in the books, what about a Sherdog 'event tournament', with the rounds of community voting to determine the best event of all time?
This is the beauty of Message Boards/ Forums, to be able to look up archived threads and topics.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back