Best BJJ Belt???

I was looking at the 1.75" one. I'm going to measure my koral as that has been my favorite belt so far.

Nice, I think the 1.75 was the one I got. Still a bit too thick for me (I'm only 5'7 155 lbs) but would probably look normal for anyone bigger than me :)

Softer and narrower is better in my mind. Thick belts don't tie well and they hang funny.

Well its kind of moot now. For anyone ordering on chokesports, for some reason the express shipping is cheaper than the longer option. So just order it express and save $20.

The belt is $40 which is still expensive, but reasonable. I like the thickness of it too. I measured my old koral and it was 1.5" wide so I am sticking with that. For some reason I thought it was bigger.

BTW, that coupon code didn't work. Any update? edit: coupon code is for orders of $250 and up. So basically one of their t-shirts....lol seriously their prices for reversal stuff are ridiculous.I'm glad the belt is somewhat reasonable.

Last edited:
Well its kind of moot now. For anyone ordering on chokesports, for some reason the express shipping is cheaper than the longer option. So just order it express and save $20.

The belt is $40 which is still expensive, but reasonable. I like the thickness of it too. I measured my old koral and it was 1.5" wide so I am sticking with that. For some reason I thought it was bigger.

BTW, that coupon code didn't work. Any update? edit: coupon code is for orders of $250 and up. So basically one of their t-shirts....lol seriously their prices for reversal stuff are ridiculous.I'm glad the belt is somewhat reasonable.

Hey Anaconda,

Sorry about that, I just saw that the promo code was for orders over $150 or $250 or something. I didn't realize that until I just tried to order something lol.

Hey Anaconda,

Sorry about that, I just saw that the promo code was for orders over $150 or $250 or something. I didn't realize that until I just tried to order something lol.

Its all good. Their stuff is so expensive its not hard to hit $250 if you want to anyway.

All I ordered was the belt though. I like color og the mizuno that I have a lot, but the size 5 is too long and the 4 is too short (easily fixable). The problem is that it feels pretty flimsy and I'm used to a thicker belt.

I'll see how I like the Isami whenever it arrives. If I still like the mizuno, or don't like the Isami I may just sell the isami.

So I finally got my Isami belt and....I like the $10 mizuno better. Don't get me wrong, its an incredible belt. But I like color of the mizuno better and the Isami isn't really any thicker or better made. Both are very high quality. Its a testament to the mizuno, and not a disparagement of the isami.

Seriously, the quality of the mizuno is right up there with all these custom and higher end belts and is only a fraction of the cost. If you don't need the stripe bar, or if you just want to put your own stripe bar on, just buy the mizuno belts.

So is anyone interested in buying a size 5 Isami brown belt made in japan?

:)

How much are you selling it for? I have a blue Japanese-made Isami for BJJ and I love it. I could take the rank bar off and use yours as a Judo belt.

How much are you selling it for? I have a blue Japanese-made Isami for BJJ and I love it. I could take the rank bar off and use yours as a Judo belt.

PM sent.

So I finally got my Isami belt and....I like the $10 mizuno better. Don't get me wrong, its an incredible belt. But I like color of the mizuno better and the Isami isn't really any thicker or better made. Both are very high quality. Its a testament to the mizuno, and not a disparagement of the isami.

Seriously, the quality of the mizuno is right up there with all these custom and higher end belts and is only a fraction of the cost. If you don't need the stripe bar, or if you just want to put your own stripe bar on, just buy the mizuno belts.

:)

I can find some mizuno belts for a really cheap price on the internet, are there sevel models or are the BJJ belts overpriced?

Padilla and Sons belts are cheap and look awesome (made from gi material layered multiple times), and they stay tied great. I'll stick with them.

Had my blue Atama for over a year and it is still great. No tearing or loose stitching.

I can find some mizuno belts for a really cheap price on the internet, are there sevel models or are the BJJ belts overpriced?

The Mizuno belts are BY FAR the best bang for your buck in terms of belts. When you first get it it feels a little flimsy but trust me, once it breaks in a bit it is perfect. Its my favorite belt and I will most likely get a mizuno whenever I get my black belt.

The Isami is also a fantastic belt though. Now that it's broken in a bit I love it. It is the perfect width and thickness and fits comfortably. It comes off if you tie it loosely, and it stays on if you really tighten it. It was the almost the perfect size (an inch short maybe) so I worried about washing it but somehow it seems to have gotten a bit longer after washing and now its the perfect size too. So no worries about shrinkage.

If IBJJF didn't have the new rule about requiring a stripe bar on your belt, I would have stuck with mizuno. Since you have to have a stripe bar now, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Isami at all (or save $30 and get a mizuno and sew your own stripe bar on :) )

The Mizuno belts are BY FAR the best bang for your buck in terms of belts. When you first get it it feels a little flimsy but trust me, once it breaks in a bit it is perfect. Its my favorite belt and I will most likely get a mizuno whenever I get my black belt.

The Isami is also a fantastic belt though. Now that it's broken in a bit I love it. It is the perfect width and thickness and fits comfortably. It comes off if you tie it loosely, and it stays on if you really tighten it. It was the almost the perfect size (an inch short maybe) so I worried about washing it but somehow it seems to have gotten a bit longer after washing and now its the perfect size too. So no worries about shrinkage.

If IBJJF didn't have the new rule about requiring a stripe bar on your belt, I would have stuck with mizuno. Since you have to have a stripe bar now, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Isami at all (or save $30 and get a mizuno and sew your own stripe bar on :) )

I have a friend who can sew a stripe band for free, so I'm considering a mizuno. Also the stitching service in the mizuno shop seems to be a good plus for me.

My Blue Belt is an ONTHEMAT(navy blue). I really like it cause its good quality and navy blue. If I didn't have this one, I would probably buy an Atama light blue belt.

I generally like the navy blue belt more than the light blue, but light blue does look nicer with a blue gi because of the contrast in colors.

I recently got promoted to blue and decided to treat myself so I splurged on an Eosin Panther. I just got it and wore it for the first time last night. Held up pretty well, still needs to get broken in a bit though. It's a beautifully crafted belt.

So obviously I'm in the market.

Every fucker at my gym has these which are beautiful. http://store.scramblestuff.com/Scramble-BJJ-Belt--Purple_p_172.html
As a matter of fact everything scramble make is beautiful, but EVERYONE has one so they're out.

I like the flow kimonos purple belt custom hemp dye jobs but they're a little on the pink side. http://www.flowkimonos.com/product/hand-dyed-hemp-belts

I thought briefly about the green gi belts but the ganja leaf puts me off.

Also check out the meerkatsu reviews if you haven't already.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back