BEST BASS RIFF

cant believe someone posted Sabbath in here and didnt put this in...

Certainly.

It is not common, I give you that. This is one example, though he isn't using a pinky. For nice appeggios and such, it sounds cleaner.

Pretty silly. No one does that in practice.

Pretty much just a guy doing fingerstyle like you would on guitar but wrong.

Pretty silly. No one does that in practice.

Pretty much just a guy doing fingerstyle like you would on guitar but wrong.
Ok dude. Plenty of people do, and it's not a new technique. Not sure how you have played for years, but managed to never hear if it. Sounds sketchy as hell.

I don't think you would want to know how anyway, so think what you like.

Last edited:
Ok dude. Plenty of people do, and it's not a new technique. Not sure how you have played for years, but managed to never hear if it. Sounds sketchy as hell
Started playing bass when I was 12. I'll be 40 in June. No need to try talking down to me here, I guarantee I'm a more experienced musician than you. Not trying to be a dick here, but no one plays like that. Its a stupid technique. That guy isn't playing anything that any decent bass player couldn't just play with 2 fingers.

I don't think you would want to know how anyway, so think what you like.
I started learning finger style guitar about 10 years ago. I'm familiar with the technique. That's all he's doing except he's technically doing it wrong as he's using all 4 fingers on 1 string for most of it. Its a waste of motion. You can't get that third finger going faster than you'd get your first going after plucking with your middle.

I'm not saying this is the best, but I am saying I'm pretty surprised I'm on page 2 and this hasn't been posted yet:

Started playing bass when I was 12. I'll be 40 in June. No need to try talking down to me here, I guarantee I'm a more experienced musician than you. Not trying to be a dick here, but no one plays like that. Its a stupid technique. That guy isn't playing anything that any decent bass player couldn't just play with 2 fingers.

I started learning finger style guitar about 10 years ago. I'm familiar with the technique. That's all he's doing except he's technically doing it wrong as he's using all 4 fingers on 1 string for most of it. Its a waste of motion. You can't get that third finger going faster than you'd get your first going after plucking with your middle.

I know your game. Everyone with a different style than your preferred one is inferior. Seen you do it before. I doubt you are superior in any way musically.

You didn't know even about this, yet reply with a silly comment. If you were so great, you would be playing for a living, but you don't. So continue acting foolish.

Guarantee? Lol

edit - post was more dickish than intended.

Last edited:
You can't get that third finger going faster than you'd get your first going after plucking with your middle.

That's the technique Billy Sheehan does. His reasoning is speed.

That's the technique Billy Sheehan does. His reasoning is speed.
Thats not the same as the example he posted.

And Billy Sheehan is Billy Sheehan. His technique is unorthodox, he's a shredder. Billy Sheehan does all sorts of weird sit that no one does. I said I'm sure there are examples of people doing it but its not a style anyone uses that would make 2 finger style seem unusual somehow.

Back