Bernie Savage with the perfect metaphor: "Dems would rather go down with the Titanic

theBLADE1

The sharpest poster on the Sher
@Black
Reaction score
So long as they have first class seats." How true yet, at the same time how fucking sad...

http://observer.com/2017/03/bernie-sanders-democratic-party-sinking-ship/

In a New York Times Magazine article about the future of the Democratic Party, Sen. Bernie Sanders was asked what he thinks the party stands for. “You’re asking a good question, and I can’t give you a definitive answer. Certainly there are some people in the Democratic Party who want to maintain the status quo. They would rather go down with the Titanic so long as they have first-class seats,” Sanders said.

Sanders is right that the Democratic Party is a sinking ship. It seems that the Democratic leadership would prefer to destroy the party in its entirety rather than concede political power to progressives in order to start recouping their losses. Since Hillary Clinton lost the presidency, every push for reform has been ignored by the Democratic establishment. Wall Street puppet Sen. Chuck Schumer was elected as Senate minority leader over more popular progressive options. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who has presided over the Democrats losing over 60 seats in the house, was re-elected easily. The establishment selected their own DNC chair candidate, former Secretary of Labor Tom Perez, who sabotaged Sanders’ candidacy. The DCCC and DSCC leadership has been virtually unchanged. The DNC has doubled down on the establishment’s failed politics by hiring staffers from Clinton’s poorly run presidential campaign, and it has granted Clinton campaign Chairman John Podesta’s Center for American Progress and Clinton propaganda hit man David Brock even more influence over the Democratic Party.

Bernard does speak teh truth.
Sad state of politics.

In a time where we have a ridiculous, egotistical, POS president like Donald Trump, the Democrats remain the party that has been incompetent since 2010.

These are supposed to be the "good guys". The party that will fight against wealth inequality, and climate change, and healthcare as a right for all people are nothing but bought and paid for sacks of shit who will fight for none of the above because it goes against the will of their corporate pimps.

Make fun of me all you want but it's a sad state of affairs. There are no more hero's except for a 75-year-old Sanders.

In a time where we have a ridiculous, egotistical, POS president like Donald Trump, the Democrats remain the party that has been incompetent since 2010.

These are supposed to be the "good guys". The party that will fight against wealth inequality, and climate change, and healthcare as a right for all people are nothing but bought and paid for sacks of shit who will fight for none of the above because it goes against the will of their corporate pimps.

Make fun of me all you want but it's a sad state of affairs. There are no more hero's except for a 75-year-old Sanders.

Trump is the only one with any power. People gotta get on board of RSS Trumpathia (cause RSS Carpathia....you know).

The reelection of Nancy and making Chuck minority leader was terrible. If they were football coaches they'd be out on their asses with as many losing seasons as they had.

Except in the end Sanders sold his soul to the devil. He will never truly regain the trust of progress.

I am not sure about that. I think the Dems would have won if it weren't for Hillary.
They will be getting a lot of seats back because of the incompetence Trump will bring to the GOP.

If they manage to have a legit primary in 2020 they should be able to win back the white house at least.
Most of the Dems failures can directly be attributed to Hillary Clinton and her campaign.

I am not sure about that. I think the Dems would have won if it weren't for Hillary.
They will be getting a lot of seats back because of the incompetence Trump will bring to the GOP.

If they manage to have a legit primary in 2020 they should be able to win back the white house at least.
Most of the Dems failures can directly be attributed to Hillary Clinton and her campaign.

Yeah but you kind of just made my point though because they continue to push the same kind of antics that the Clinton campaign did. They're refusing to recognize what actually went wrong and why they didn't get anywhere near the voter turnout for her that there were hoping.

They haven't changed a thing. They're still beholden to corporate money and are still putting out people like Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer to be the leaders of the Democratic Party when those sorry fucks have no vision at all.

They fully adopted a mentally ill left ideology and went all into it with no room for any questions or debate, they are a lost party no matter what Trump does.

Only time and the old guard dying out will open them for change, but that will take more time then Trump could possibly be in office.

Except in the end Sanders sold his soul to the devil. He will never truly regain the trust of progress.

He sold out. BIGLY.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time arguing about this because these kinds of comments unfairly pop up in every thread having to do with Sanders. But hear me out anyway...

Let's say Sanders didn't do what he did and endorse that corrupt corporate cunt. The Democrats are already blaming everyone but themselves for Hillary's loss and if Bernie didn't endorse her, he would be a pariah and viewed as the man who wouldn't know when to quit and sealed the election for Trump. At least now you have a man who is still doing his part and vocalizing his dissent against Donald nominations and legislations while he continues to talk about all of the things he spoke about on the campaign trail. So he is still making those very important issues a talked subjects.

Whereas, otherwise every time he went to do an interview everyone would be asking him how bad he feels about putting Donald Trump in office. I don't like that he endorsed her either but it doesn't change the fact that the man actually cares about average every day people and that something that almost no politician does nowadays.

The reelection of Nancy and making Chuck minority leader was terrible. If they were football coaches they'd be out on their asses with as many losing seasons as they had.

I really like the football analogy. These incompetent fools would be gone faster than Chip Kelly was from San Francisco.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...t-popular-politicians/?utm_term=.db6014e6c2a1

imrs.php

Democrats are a center party, i would even go as far as to say they are center right.

It simply gets the leftists votes because there is no real left party in the USA.

Democrats are a center party, i would even go as far as to say they are center right.

It simply gets the leftists votes because there is no real left party in the USA.

This.

We are in need of a progressive party so bad it is embarrassing.

They sure could have won of they'd had a candidate without so much baggage

This.

We are in need of a progressive party so bad it is embarrassing.

Yup, so you know democrats are not the party of progressives, why do you think they will concede power to progressives when as a center party they have that vote locked on.

They fully adopted a mentally ill left ideology and went all into it with no room for any questions or debate, they are a lost party no matter what Trump does.

Only time and the old guard dying out will open them for change, but that will take more time then Trump could possibly be in office.
The Democratic Party is a centre right party.

Back