Law Bernie Introduces Legislation to Stop US Support of Saudis' Genocide

No, Rand is not his father. Last election (potus) he announced his candidacy in front of an aircraft carrier. Now and then he takes an admiral stand, but he lacks principle.
He also lacks the ability to clean up his damn yard, apparently.

House blocks resolution to end US military support in Yemen war
House Republicans have officially blocked a vote on a resolution that would end all U.S. military support to the Saudi Arabia-led-coalition in Yemen’s ongoing war.

On Wednesday afternoon, the House approved 201-187, largely on party lines, a rule for floor debate on an unrelated bill that would take the gray wolf off the endanger species list. Included in the rule was a provisionthat strips the Yemen resolution of its so-called privilege status.

Privilege means the sponsors of the resolution could theoretically have forced a vote on it. Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.), backed by top Democrats, introduced the resolution in September and invoked the War Powers Act to give it privilege status.

“Let’s be very clear: This is unprecedented in American history,” Khanna said on the House floor Wednesday. “What the majority is saying is that if the president of the United States and the Speaker believe we should be in war, we should be at war.”

On Friday night, the Trump administration announced the U.S. military would no longer provide aerial refueling for Saudi coalition planes, one of the most visible and controversial aspects of U.S. support for the coalition.

The Pentagon and Riyadh framed the announcement as a Saudi decision, saying they now have the capability to refuel their own planes.

But the decision came after mounting congressional pressure. U.S. lawmakers have been increasingly concerned about the civilian death toll in the war. U.S.-Saudi relations have also come increasing under scrutiny after the October killing of U.S.-based journalist and Saudi critic Jamal Khashoggi.

Critics of U.S. support for the Saudis were pleased with the decision on aerial refueling, but said all U.S. military support for the coalition must end.

The United States provides the coalition other logistics and intelligence, as well as billions of dollars in arms sales.

Republicans argued Khanna’s resolution was unnecessary after Friday’s announcement.

They also argued Democrats could revive the issue as they have vowed to do when they take control of the House in January.

“In a few short weeks, the Democrats will assume the majority. They’ll be able to hold all the hearings and markups and votes that they want on this matter,” Rep. Dan Newhouse (R-Wash.) said on the House floor. “So forcing this type of vote now in the remainder of this Congress, in my humble opinion, is unnecessary.”

Khanna said it was imperative not to wait until January.

“500,000 children will die in a matter of months. They don’t have aid. They don’t have nutrition,” he said. “And when the history of Congress is written, they’re not going to say [Rep.] Jim McGovern [D-Mass.] did this or Ro Khanna did this or Newhouse did this. They’re going to say how the did the Congress not allow a vote while hundreds of thousands of kids were not allowed food and medicine.”
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...to-end-us-military-support-in-yemen-civil-war

I don’t care about Yemen but I’d be 100% for cutting all ties with Saudi Arabia.

From Sanders' social media: "The Saudi-led war in Yemen has become the world's largest humanitarian disaster. [14 million people are estimated to currently be on the brink of starvation.] Later this month, I plan to give the Senate another chance to vote on my resolution to end US support for the disastrous war in Yemen. If the Senate is serious about ending US support for this war, they’ll vote in favor of SJ Res 54."
Yeah, and who is gonna pay for all this "life saving"? Bernie, you commie bastard. Everybody, including these Yemeni freeloaders, wants a handout. Are we gonna give these foreigners health care next?

Soon there will be a caravan from Yemen on the way a week before the 2020 election that Trump will forget ever existed the day after the election.
According to GOP, cutting taxes generates revenue. We'll just cut taxzes until we have enough revenue to buy our own weapons and don't have to support terrorist regimes!

Simple!
Go Bernie! First the stop BEZOS act, persuading wallmart to increase their minimum wage to 15 dollars/h and now this. He might actually get it done, which in this climate is pretty incredible.

LOL! Speaks volumes about this place that you're not sure.
War Peace Bernie!
No, Rand is not his father. Last election (potus) he announced his candidacy in front of an aircraft carrier. Now and then he takes an admiral stand, but he lacks principle.

If the US is supporting wars and genocides in Yemen then i stand with Bernie. Id prefer the US not be an imperialist empire hell bent on conquering the world if possible.

This seems very fitting:

They turned it down of course... Durned down a vote on even having a discussion about the atrocities being done in Yemen with US support. It's absurd.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent children being completely torn apart in this insane proxy war. It's disgusting.

This seems very fitting:

They turned it down of course... Durned down a vote on even having a discussion about the atrocities being done in Yemen with US support. It's absurd.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent children being completely torn apart in this insane proxy war. It's disgusting.

"Why don't you wait til January when you have majority?" -Republican jack-off

".....five hundred thousand kids are at risk of dying" -Ro Khanna

Fuck them. Progressives need to make these fuckers bleed- dems and Republicans. This is why Pelosi absolutely cannot become speaker- she wants bipartisanship to unite her corporate neoliberal corruption with that of the neocons and proto-fascists.

I wonder when our president will give a shit. He should take the Saudi cock out of his ass and then try

"Why don't you wait til January when you have majority?" -Republican jack-off

".....five hundred thousand kids are at risk of dying" -Ro Khanna

Fuck them. Progressives need to make these fuckers bleed- dems and Republicans. This is why Pelosi absolutely cannot become speaker- she wants bipartisanship to unite her corporate neoliberal corruption with that of the neocons and proto-fascists.
They are so far removed from reality that they cannot fathom any inconvenience even if it means saving thousands of kids from dying a completely meaningless death....

I really hope Ro Khanna becomes speaker, that would be amazing. One of the few sensible people on either side.

I wonder when our president will give a shit. He should take the Saudi cock out of his ass and then try
Nobody gives a shit that the US and allies (including my own country) has actively engaged in wars, destabilised and destroyed entire nations and been reponsible for millions of people dying horrible deaths. Who supported the Taliban against the Soviet Union? Who then invaded Afghanistan because of said group? Who invaded Iraq not once, but twice, first time abandoning the rebels and letting hundreds of thousands get killed and the second time turning the entire country to dust? Oh and based on a complete lie. Who supports the rebels against Assad, using Syria as a playground for their proxy war against the Russians? Who supports and aids the Saudies (the people actually responsible for 9/11) in Yemen? Who supports Israel in their continuous violating of international law and extermination of the Palastenians?

Hint, it starts with U and ends with A. And they wonder why they have enemies.. The British and Americans are at least partially responsible for creating the Muslim Brotherhood and modern day terrorism. I say partly because it's much more complicated than that, and there's even more bad apples on the other side. I also know, that these regions have been at war for a very long time and other things would have played out without US interference, and that there needs to be checks and balanced. With that said, there's been so many atrociously abuses of power and miserable failed efforts, and something like what is happening in Yemen right now is unforgivable. We all need to take responsibility, especially our leaders. This is not "shrug, spilled milk", this is hundreds of thousands of kids no different from you or me when we were kids.

Nobody gives a shit that the US and allies (including my own country) has actively engaged in wars, destabilised and destroyed entire nations and been reponsible for millions of people dying horrible deaths. Who supported the Taliban against the Soviet Union? Who then invaded Afghanistan because of said group? Who invaded Iraq not once, but twice, first time abandoning the rebels and letting hundreds of thousands get killed and the second time turning the entire country to dust? Oh and based on a complete lie. Who supports the rebels against Assad, using Syria as a playground for their proxy war against the Russians? Who supports and aids the Saudies (the people actually responsible for 9/11) in Yemen? Who supports Israel in their continuous violating of international law and extermination of the Palastenians?

Hint, it starts with U and ends with A. And they wonder why they have enemies.. The British and Americans are at least partially responsible for creating the Muslim Brotherhood and modern day terrorism. I say partly because it's much more complicated than that, and there's even more bad apples on the other side. I also know, that these regions have been at war for a very long time and much it would have happened without US interference, and there needs to be checks and balanced. With that said, there's been so many atrociously abuses of power, and something like what is happening in Yemen right now is unforgivable. We all need to take responsibility, especially our leaders. This is not "shrug, spilled milk", this is hundreds of thousands of kids no different from you or me when we were kids.
Ohhhhhkayyyyy.
That was a bit more of a geopolitical lesson than I needed with my morning cornflakes

15 years from now there's gonna be a fresh generation of Yemeni terrorists (maybe even the fundamentalist rebels being armed by the Saudis right now) ready to blow themselves up in American soil.

Because Americans are rich and free. No other reason whatsoever.

lol where was this piece of shit when Obama turned Libya and Syria into literal slave trading nations where children are forced to rape and murder their own parents at gunpoint.

I guess politically, trashing the scumbag Saudis works for him now.

Anyone who votes for these scumbags is really no better than them.

At least Trump isn't a warmonger, *yet, who knows.

Prince Naseem Hamed coming out of retirement to push the Saudi Prince's shit in. Introduce that bill

lol where was this piece of shit when Obama turned Libya and Syria into literal slave trading nations where children are forced to rape and murder their own parents at gunpoint.

I guess politically, trashing the scumbag Saudis works for him now.

Anyone who votes for these scumbags is really no better than them.

At least Trump isn't a warmonger, *yet, who knows.
Children are forced to rape and murder their parents, and this is Obama's fault?
Has he anally violated newborns as well?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back