Benson Henderson: My phone keeps ringing, UFC fighters asking about move to Bellator

that sponsorship money is gonna keep bringing higher profile fighters to bellator. Josh Thomson (who isn't a massive name) made around 30k in his first fight in bellator from sponsorships, so it goes to show the money is their if your somewhat well known and marketable.

I see higher profile fighters jumping ship. Great job Reebok

It is intreresting though. It depends on the fighter. Edson Barboza is my coach and says nothing but good things about the UFC. He said his past contract, they upped his pay significantly and that doesn't include bonuses which he has made a lot of. He says UFC are great people.

Yep it's always been like that. Even with the rebook deal while overall most fighters hate there are some that are making more money because they were horrible at getting sponsors. When you have so many people that you employ your not going to be able to please everyone.

It is intreresting though. It depends on the fighter. Edson Barboza is my coach and says nothing but good things about the UFC. He said his past contract, they upped his pay significantly and that doesn't include bonuses which he has made a lot of. He says UFC are great people.

Edson been hit in the head too many times

Benson will be on InsideMMA on AXS TV tonight. Could be entertaining, its the show with that jagoff Kenny Rice who cut Askrens interview short and went on a rant about Ben being crazy and how EVERYBODY wants to be in the UFC.
but you have that other guy, the cool guy. not bas, but the other guy that sometimes is there

Yep it's always been like that. Even with the rebook deal while overall most fighters hate there are some that are making more money because they were horrible at getting sponsors. When you have so many people that you employ your not going to be able to please everyone.
Yeah, not like a know shit, but I would think it depends on how you act as well. Don't bitch, be exciting, don't pull out of fights, take short notice fights, etc.

Glad to see fighters are finally seeing the light..They get bashed in the head for a living,time to get that viacom money.

#FuckReebok

Yeah, not like a know shit, but I would think it depends on how you act as well. Don't bitch, be exciting, don't pull out of fights, take short notice fights, etc.

Yea could be. I have no idea how it works in the UFC.

i think its prob really hard to say no to the ufc - they seem to know how to put the pressure on nice

It's always good to see competition get a 1up. As much as I don't like Benson, it's great for Bellator, and if the Reem goes there too, I may actually start watching their events!

11751762_994324087268953_6302512480035008672_n.0.jpg

It is very unrealistic with the color customization! That shit won't fly with the rebook deal!

that sponsorship money is gonna keep bringing higher profile fighters to bellator. Josh Thomson (who isn't a massive name) made around 30k in his first fight in bellator from sponsorships, so it goes to show the money is their if your somewhat well known and marketable.

I see higher profile fighters jumping ship. Great job Reebok

I think it's also going to be a snow ball rolling downhill thing with sponsorship money elsewhere, the more well known fighters Bellator/WSOF/One FC can get the more viewers they get, the more viewers they get the more sponsorship money goes up for the fighters. I like that the UFC shot themselves in the foot with this deal. I always thought MMA was more interesting when there were multiple big orgs around(Pride and UFC, UFC and WEC, UFC and Strikeforce).

Good, the UFC is too big to give all of these fighters the attention, money and promotion they deserve anyways
In the fight game, competition is a good thing and it gives fighters options

The fall of the UFC has already begun :D

I cant wait to see Reebok destroy them and them bego for forgiveness. THE UFC SHALL DIE!

It's always good to see competition get a 1up. As much as I don't like Benson, it's great for Bellator, and if the Reem goes there too, I may actually start watching their events!

You should watch their events anyways, they have great match makers and put on very entertaining fights, there's normally one or two freak show fights Pride style but it's mostly skilled fighters that are matched up well so that the fights are normally entertaining. I think their match making is much much better than the UFC's.

It's like I keep saying UFC will keep some fighters and let others go. People keep saying "I think a bunch of fighters are leaving UFC" that may be true in a way but which fighters? The UFC will make sure they keep who they want to keep and let go of who they want to go. Just like they kept Melendez cause they wanted him and Chad Mendes. Rumors are they offered Reem a great contract and he'll most likely be coming back as well will see what happens there. People were freaking out like this when Dan Henderson went to strike force and Tim Sylvia and Arvlovski went to affliction.
well, strikeforce had a better MW (aside anderson) and HW division. affliction died too quickly, but at that time i would rather watch fedor for sure, but he isnt a draw in the west

I think it's also going to be a snow ball rolling downhill thing with sponsorship money elsewhere, the more well known fighters Bellator/WSOF/One FC can get the more viewers they get, the more viewers they get the more sponsorship money goes up for the fighters. I like that the UFC shot themselves in the foot with this deal. I always thought MMA was more interesting when there were multiple big orgs around(Pride and UFC, UFC and WEC, UFC and Strikeforce).

100% agree. Competition is good for mma, and i enjoy the hell out watching mma all the time for different orgs

That's the wh
He's already fixing them he's offering the guys more money it's turning out to be great for the fighters. The UFC is being forced to offer more money to the guys they want to keep and there letting the rest go to Bellator.
That's the whole point. Competition between rival promotions is forcing the UFC to pay their fighters better

Back