Ben Askren opens at -400 favorite against Robbie Lawler

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
With those odds, I'd feel confident putting five bucks on Ruthless.

Prime Robbie murks him. The guy who got manhandled by RDA? He gets ragdolled by askren as well.

ufc-190-mixed-martial-arts-310x415.jpg

<20>

The Robbie that fought Hendricks and Condit would likely maul Askren without breaking a sweat.

But old, worn down Robbie post Tyron-bomb got taken down by RDA who is smaller and a way worse wrestler than Askren.

Ben is the rightful favorite but I wouldn't be surprised if Robbie took it either.

Askren should be -250 with Robbie at +170 or whatever. Will this be a 5 round fight? A 5 round fight would be a lot more difficult for Askren to Jon Fitch his way to victory.

Lawler did well against the likes of pre-USADA Hendricks who posed a threat with wrestling and knock out ability.

This is a tough fight for a debuting Askren whose toughest fight was Douglas Lima years ago. Askren is no spring chicken.

I love how people talk shit. This reminds me of people talking about Matt Hughes. When they got in the ring with him, they were blown away at his core strength. I mean Askren has this same corn fed retard strength

The thing about this fight,is even if the funky one dominates 99% of the fight. Final minute robbie can murder people.

Robbie 2.0 has shown signs of good TDD. If he’s maintained TDD, those odds are way wrong.

If you got the $, put $100 on Lawler
WAY to good of odds...

Just saying.

Robbie training at HK 365 now, training under Greg Jones and Henri Hooft.

Greg Jones was a 3 NCAA Champ - he might have some extra input to shutdown Ben's TDs.

I think people are hesitant to choose a striker vs a grappler at the moment, aside from other factors in this fight, but Robbie ain't no Conor. He's a strong wrestler himself, and even once taken down he's usually managed to get up. Ben, in my opinion, has much much more to prove in this fight than Lawler.

We know one thing, when guys who solely rely on TDs do not get those TDs, it turns into a shit show. Khabib and DC have both had that exact thing happen. But held it together well enough to earn victories. I haven't watched every Ben Askren fight, but I know even he struggled to hold some of his opponents down when he was trying to incorporate more BJJ into his game. However, he really brought back his folk style, and kept guys from tri-poding, worked more control than submission attacks. Anyways, none of those guys who Ben did not have solid control over posed Lawlers striking ability.

I am of course 100% bias to Lawler, I got to train with him over ten years ago. Humble, that's how I'd describe him. Hope he wins, it'd be a huge statement this late in his career!

That doesn’t intice me to make either bet.

But easily Lawler +280 before Askren -400.

Call me crazy but I actually think Lawler will win this fight. Might be a good idea to bet on this fight if you gamble

Back