Ben Askren opens at -400 favorite against Robbie Lawler

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
Coming off a loss and and ACL tear.

Looks about right.
This.

Wrestlers are the arch enemy of knee injuries... I'm legit worried that Lawler will blow it out again, and have to go to the hospital having fought the biggest LnP Pillowfist since Jon Fitch.

The irony is painful to think about.

wait until ben gets cracked with an uppercut and can't complete his take downs

Wait until Ben snatches a hold of his newly repaired knee and gets ripped to the ground against his will for 3 rounds.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Lets see those sick Ben Askren gifs of him wrestle fucking people to death (I respect it, I do, he's great) . The odds could be 10000 to 1, and I'll still take Lawler P4P most entertaining fighter ever.

mOfMxJ1.gif

some of the worst odds I've seen recently. I would put it at half that -200. -250 at highest

i'd be a bit more confident if robbie wasn't coming off acl surgery

Great fighters tend to struggle in octagon debuts. Shields, Brooks, Shogun, Rockhold, even DC had one of his worst performances in a win vs Mir.

I'm not a betting man but +280 seems very tempting. Should be probably be more like:

Askren -240
Lawler + 180

Great fighters tend to struggle in octagon debuts. Shields, Brooks, Shogun, Rockhold, even DC had one of his worst performances in a win vs Mir.

I'm not a betting man but +280 seems very tempting. Should be probably be more like:

Askren -240
Lawler + 180

Add Condit and Alvarez who lost in their first UFC fights.

https://www.bestfightodds.com/

Askren -400

Lawler +280

Absolute joke odds. No way Ben should be that big of a favourite.
Hehe.Do you even know how odds are done? They think mostly about how people will bet, not how good fighters are, that's why odds will change when people will start to bet. Odds are mostly about perception and making money. This is XXI century, how people are still ignorant about betting?

It looks about right. Robbie took way too much damage in his career. The line will get closer around weigh ins when they see askren has love handles

Robbie's going to split that face open and a significant offering to JBG will be made that night. War Robbie.

Holy shit. I might gotta get some money in on Robbie at those odds. Thought this would be closer to a pick em.

Askren -240
Lawler + 180
When Vanderlei Silva got smoked as soon the fight started in his UFC debut it was disappointing because it did not reflect how good he actually was.

honestly, askren wouldn't even be fighting the best lawler we've seen....some fans say askren is the best ww because of his record but his level of opponents are all shit. He has no single fights against anyone that I consider that good, Lawler will be his first real test....not much to brag about when all you can say is I used superior wrestling to wrestle my weak, low level opponents...with lawler having decent td defense we'll see how askren does and if he can keep him down.

Lawler can win this fight if he catches him with something solid and clean and goes for the finish with that killer instinct....a few years ago I'd say lawler would get it done, but nowadays he seems to have lost a step and I think askren can impose his wrestling to get a decision win.

however nothing would make me happier than him getting ktfo by lawler to shut him up, would finally put the nail in the coffin solidifying that all his previous opponents were shit from other shitty organizations fighting a bunch of nobodies and when finally put against a legit mma fighter, did not prevail. Would love to see lawler win, but also could see askren getting it done as well.

Back