Ben Askren - I would crush Conor

The guy who split decisioned Jay Heron yeah ok hes a bum who couldnt get a UFC contract. McNugget is fighting Mayweather had two UFC belts why would he even entertain this guy.... they all want the red panty night but some people are not worthy of it and Askren's snoozefest fights from the past will see that he doesn't get it.

I think Askren would TKO or submit Connor easily.

He smashed Koreshkov into a submission. Conor would have about 3 seconds to land a KO before he ended up on his back.

Well obviously. He's one of the most dominant welterweights of his generation

Bit sad on Askren's part calling out a lightweight who has fought at featherweight for most of his career. Gotta use McGregor's name to keep yourself relevant I guess.
Keep relevant ? When was he relevant? Where am I ? Lmao

Watch Askrens one fc fights... hes fighting for his life against absolute bums

At this point even someone like Michael Johnson would starch him

Conor would get exposed badly in it. Askren is the best wrestler in MMA. He uses Woodley and Pettis brothers and Felder as bags to throw around, does whatever he wants to them. They don't even deny it themselves.

Conor would get wrestled to death and would never be able to get up, would be a one sided ass whooping, and Conor would be exhausted by round 3 in that one.
make that rd 2. he would be dead after the 2nd go on the ground.

This natural born can crusher who can't even crush cans anymore ? Conor TKOs him in 2.

Well obviously. He's one of the most dominant welterweights of his generation

Bit sad on Askren's part calling out a lightweight who has fought at featherweight for most of his career. Gotta use McGregor's name to keep yourself relevant I guess.
<DontBelieve1>

He was asked a question about Mcgregor. He answered the question. How did he call out anyone?? Smh.

I only came on here to see how long it took before somebody said "He's fucking can-crushing and looks like shit doing it!" (despite the fact that, including Aoki next month, his last 7 opponents have had a combined 157-25 record) and "Prove it in the UFC then! Oh wait, you weren't good enough! Coward!" (like contracts aren't a thing and that every non-UFC organization has Wild Buck's Fight Night-style loose contracts, and you can just easily go anywhere, or like Ben Askren was the unreasonable one in the 2013 UFC negotiations.)
10 and 17 posts, respectively. A lot later than I expected.

Watch Askrens one fc fights... hes fighting for his life against absolute bums

lolwut? Did you watch his last two fights, or even his first two fights, or did you just keep re-watching the Sapo fight and that 10-second period in the fourth round of the Aleksakhin fight and assume that they're both not only bad fighters (which isn't the case at all) but that that's how every fight has been?

I was going to read the article for context to see if Ben actually called him out (unlikely) or if he was asked specifically about it and answered honestly (likely). Unfortunately, they wouldn't show me unless I turned off my ad blocker so I'll just have to assume.

I checked it out for you. The writer asked him directly. The opening line of the article was a hypothetical question about an Askren-Mcgregor fight, so it's clear this was his intention from the beginning.
On a related note, a lot of people have said how Askren just randomly calls out fighters because "that's just how irrelevant he is and this's the only way he can get attention, maaaaan!", but, really, he rarely does that. It's always an interviewer who asks him a question and goads it out of him. And if Askren was ever the kind of guy that just said, "Well, I think that, uh, it would be a competitive fight, but I believe in my skills would that have happened but it's not on my mind at the moment..." he never would've become as popular as he is.

Having 170 lbs of dead weight laying on you for 25 minutes straight would crush most men.

This would maybe be the worst fight for Conor at any weight he competes at.

Askren would ride him like a whore all night. He could literally ride Conor as long as he wants whenever he wants.

Not even headline worthy anymore. Askren says this about every hypothetical matchup he is asked about lol. He is probably convinced he could beat a prime Fedor or a juiced Brock Lesnar. Which is exactly the type of attitude a champion should have IMO. I'm a big fan of irrational confidence (even tho it's not irrational for him to think he beats mcgregor)

ngl that would be funny as shit to see askren grapple fuck and chain wrestle mcgregor for 5 rounds.

Barring Askren getting clipped with a nice punch while going for a clinch/takedown, I think he absolutely would wrestlefuck him.

I'm pretty sure most decent, not undersized wrestlers would crush McGregor.

Back