Bellator has equaled the UFC

Actually I think the Los Angeles Clippers are worth more than the UFC, but the Fertittas were able to find a buyer at that price.

I said in comparison to the UFC. That doesn't mean I think the UFC is worth $4.2 billion. I think the UFC is worth $800 million or less.

The Clippers were just recently valued at 2 billion by Forbes. Their operating income last year was only 20 million...UFC has hit AT LEAST 100 million every year since 2009.

When you look at the numbers in comparison to the UFC, you can see why they sold for 4 billion.

Heck, the world champion Cavs lost 40 million last season. Sports teams are high priced toys, not guaranteed money makers.

Bellator is worth about 20 million.. At most. Insane thread. Bellator hasn't got close to = Strikeforce yet.

I don't blame Fedor or Bellator for that because it was a medical emergency. It can happen to any one of us.

I remember when Anderson Silva had to fill in on short notice because Jon Jones was out.

If you were to do a blind taste test, you would see absolutely no difference in production value between a Bellator and UFC product.
I'm pretty sure the Conner derps know what he tastes like, even with their eyes closed.

You do realzie that the UFC makes the bulk of their money from PPVs and that Bellator doesn't have the roster to have any? Right now Bellator is worth less than Strikeforce was when it was sold to Zuffa for around $70 million.

It's not the fighters or the production, the value of the UFC it's the name, the recognition... and the ratings and PPV buys.
To the average american, UFC is the mma NFL.

Even when Strikeforce was in town and had divisions that were better than the UFC, you always heard people say "this guy is a great fighter, i wish he signs with the UFC".

Until we hear "this guy is great, i wish he signs with Bellator" the UFC is still the number 1 org.

If only all it took to generate the same revenue was to make a product look the same as a more expensive one I'm sure we could all be rich.

Bellator is closer in quality to LFA than the UFC. In fact, you'd only need to shift 5 or so fighters before LFA becomes the superior, more credible product.

Bellator does equal the UFC in terms of production values.

What's lacking is meaningful fights.

Imagine trying to pass this through your urethra.
Trust me, fighting Fedor is a cake walk compared to this.

kidney_stone_s1_crystal.jpg

Yes they overpaid for it but all estimates had UFC at atleast 3 billion so your 800 mill number is ridiculous.

Bellator is realistically worth 100 mill tops, probably in 75-100 range, sports properties are hot right now.
How do you guys get the nerve to talk so much out of your ass and pretend you're not. You have no idea if WME over paid and what Bellator is worth.

WCW was sold to WWE for 2 million. Bellator is far worse quality than WCW who ran at least 10 PPVs a year.

when they don't cancel their main event 5 minutes before it starts...maybe i'll agree

WTF when Jon Jones refused to fight a replacement fighter (Sonnen) UFC cancelled the whole show.

How do you guys get the nerve to talk so much out of your ass and pretend you're not. You have no idea if WME over paid and what Bellator is worth.

Maybe since everyone says WME overpaid and I'm basing that on what UFC's estimated worth is.

and yeah I dont know what Bellator is worth I'm guessing based on what other orgs are worth etc, maybe if someone overpaid for them they'd be worth 150 mill or something.

Point is they are far far, fucking another universe away from being close to 2 billion dollars.

Back