Bellator has equaled the UFC

Shit happens and no weather channel forecasts for it.

The fact that Bellator paid whatever they did to get Fedor to headline, then had no alternate ready when Mitrione dropped out, is somewhat bush league. Though the UFC have been forced to cancel or give away events in similar situations...

Shit happens and no weather channel forecasts for it.

The fact that Bellator paid whatever they did to get Fedor to headline, then had no alternate ready when Mitrione dropped out, is somewhat bush league. Though the UFC have been forced to cancel or give away events in similar situations...

You cant blame Bellator for this, day of an event a fighter drops out, thats gonna be tough to fix.

Maybe its possible with certain fighters but other fighters wont budge.

Does Fedor need to risk losing to take this fight? he's someone who has enough money he doesnt need to take it.

Now if it was Melvin vs Chidi and Melvin gets hurt I'm guessing if another WW was on the card they would step up, get paid a few extra bucks and the main event goes on.

Say day of UFC Bisping/Hendo card Hendos out and Romero happens to be on the card, does anyone think Bisping would say sure no problem, I'll fight romero tonight?

Not a chance.

You cant blame Bellator for this, day of an event a fighter drops out, thats gonna be tough to fix.

Maybe its possible with certain fighters but other fighters wont budge.

Does Fedor need to risk losing to take this fight? he's someone who has enough money he doesnt need to take it.

Now if it was Melvin vs Chidi and Melvin gets hurt I'm guessing if another WW was on the card they would step up, get paid a few extra bucks and the main event goes on.

Say day of UFC Bisping/Hendo card Hendos out and Romero happens to be on the card, does anyone think Bisping would say sure no problem, I'll fight romero tonight?

Not a chance.

I agree its hard to blame Bellator as it seems like they tried to fix the issue.

If someone really wants to blame someone, the only other person left is Fedor himself. I understand he has earned his status in this sport and has every right to deny a match up on short notice. Though I bet Fedor takes the Oli fight(if it truly was offered to him) if this event was in Russia. I believe at this at point in Fedor's career nobody is expecting him to be the best HW on the planet. We understand at this point Fedor is kind of 50/50 bet against most HW's. So you go out and put a show on. Oli basically is the same style fighter as Matt, all he is going to do is try to knock your head off. Plus he is closer in height and weight to Fedor.

Thread starter......your a moron if you believe one single word you type and even Scott Coker would agree.

You mean like Ronda Rousey the fraud?

I have never been a fan of ronda but your comment is flat out dumb...

Olympic medalist and she beat everyone available.

Blame ufc marketing if you want or her terrible coach but calling her a fraud shits on everyone she fought. I am not a huge fan of the womens division (other than tate) but they go out and fight, i expect that is far more than you will ever accomplish.

They definitely haven't equaled the UFC, but they're getting closer and closer. Their production values are especially impressive to me, and their roster just keeps getting better.

OP is a troll.

Bellator is on the right track, but is miles away from the UFC. They are making good progress, but surely expenses are rising drastically as well. It just really depends on how much Viacom is willing to eat before Bellator gets out of the red(you better believe net figures are in the negatives)

The more I hear Coker talk, the more it seems like they are looking at the huge picture. Saw a recent interview where he stated that Bellator was in about 70 countries when he took the helm. He stated that they are presently in about 145. Granted few are monetized, but that is massive growth in overall reach considering he's only been in control for 2years.

Anyways. Bellator is making progress, but will only ever truly compete with the UFC if they aren't able to hold successful ppvs. That is where the real money is at. Either that or a paid subscription. As of now, they are far behind.

Last edited:
they are getting close to compete against the UFC but not that much. they need to solidify the divisions specially those with no champs. once Coker does that Bellator can bring something nice to the mma world.

The production values are the same.....

I had to stop reading there because that is so way off. Production values? For whatever reason they leave the live audio feed on, but just one side of it so you can listen to some garbled shit during the breaks. Even if it's intentional it is a shit idea. And there are lots of ways that Bellator doesn't match up to the UFC. That said, the UFC might be on its way down to meet Bellator coming up...I hope not, because that would be two pretty shitty promotions then. Really, how is Bellator a credible promo anyway? OK, it didn't try to market C M Punk, but it is still a complete circus.

The point is UFC wasnt worth $4 billion - it was grossly oversold at the peak of its value, the timing was beutiful - the gangster move of the Fertitas will be used as a case study in flipping a business within economics and business degree courses in the future

nah, I would say it's more like the difference between Pride and UFC in the Pride time.

The point is UFC wasnt worth $4 billion - it was grossly oversold at the peak of its value, the timing was beutiful - the gangster move of the Fertitas will be used as a case study in flipping a business within economics and business degree courses in the future
I strongly suspect it was just money laudering.

I strongly suspect it was just money laudering.

Its not money laundering unless its bought with cash - this was bought with loans with an interest level of $150 million in interest a year or something ridiculous.

Production quality of the UFC has always been pisspoor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shawn_bogart
Back