Bellator 280: Bader vs Kongo 2 - May 6th

Heavily regretting adding Bader itd to my parlay. Pretty stupid in hindsight since Kongo has not gotten finished since his UFC run, and Ryan was probably not going to find a finish anywhere besides the on the feet, which he wouldn't play with since his KO losses to Corey and Nemkov.

Shit.

man kongo this is how you fight in front of your fans? please retire
They're both to blame. Should have known Ryan wouldn't even entertain the thought of finishing an actual HW.

They're both to blame. Should have known Ryan wouldn't even entertain the thought of finishing an actual HW.
it's hard to finish someone who shows up to survive instead of win. for example nelson vs sato which was more lopsided than this on paper.

I bet Bader ITD too but it's still on him more than Kongo. Didn't even see the fight but he's fighting an 87 year old man with awful cardio and he couldn't GnP enough damage in 25 mins to finish? Pathetic

I bet Bader ITD too but it's still on him more than Kongo. Didn't even see the fight but he's fighting an 87 year old man with awful cardio and he couldn't GnP enough damage in 25 mins to finish? Pathetic

Nah I blame Kongo, he knew the positions Bader would put him in and was helpless to stop him. Bader's job is to get the win more than entertain, and at heavyweight I don't blame him for taking the safest path to victory rather than put himself at more risk for the fans' sake.

Just got to watch this now.

Romero was just cruel. He looked like a -1000 in there. He literally played with his opponent, punishing him all fight deciding to wait until the last second to KO him. I should probably have taped his opponent before fading Romero but happy to lose money, as SOG is one of my favorite fighters and boy was that beatdown entertaining.

As for Bader, I literally skipped to the end of the fight after rd 2. Just terrible.

Nah I blame Kongo, he knew the positions Bader would put him in and was helpless to stop him. Bader's job is to get the win more than entertain, and at heavyweight I don't blame him for taking the safest path to victory rather than put himself at more risk for the fans' sake.

Pretty much this. I don’t feel like people understand how hard it is to finish a highly skilled old, wily, still competent vet who’s main goal is to not get finished. This fight had Bader via decision all over it especially when you know Kongo was never the most aggressive guy even in his prime.

"Many are called, but few are chosen. That Bader motherfucker wasn't chosen. Wall-and-stall is a sin to me."--Just Bleed God Chronicles

Caught some early lines on some low lvl shit. Just ended up hedging everything otherwise I probably would have been passing completely.

Camara 680 to win 1,125
Victor 700 to win 630

Long/Guti U1.5 840 to win 733

Bertaud 500 to win 550
Sadura 181 to win 300

Leary 48 to win 300

Barton 1,000 to win 2,650
Diatta 1,650 to win 673
O2.5 445 to win 312

Bader + Salawi ( after tape, might cash this out after Bader wins )

Leary was a great call, you got absolutely robbed there dude.

Back