Bellator 212 pulls 285k viewers

Mir is known, thanks to the UFC and for Lesnar. His face is known to the US MMA fan that's for sure.
Cannot say he's mega popular, but recognition is already a good sign.

Chandler is extremely unknown and not marketed, considering the fact that he's supposed to be "Face of Bellator" is pathetic.
Coker sucks at marketing. At least sucked, seems like Hawaii event was a step in a right direction
Mir beat Bork literally 10 years ago.

You really think modern casual knows or cares? Modern casual ala Ronda and McGregor era. Mir doesn't move the needle ,proved over and over again.

Wasnt Canelo and the UFC on saturday too? They might need to time their cards better, put Chandler along with their big names, sad their poster boy cant draw.

Wasnt Canelo and the UFC on saturday too? They might need to time their cards better, put Chandler along with their big names, sad their poster boy cant draw.
Wasnt it a friday card for bellator?
UFC and Canelo "fight" were on Saturday...

Wasnt it a friday card for bellator?
UFC and Canelo "fight" were on Saturday...
You are right, my mistake, i didnt catch their fights and was under the impression they were all on saturday, well...even worst.

The CBS-Viacom merger is apparently still on with & AT&T & Disney buying Fox assets, they don't want left behind, the guy who was trying to block it has been sacked for sexual harassment in September. Showtime really is the place to go, a monthly show like PBC is doing on their, then have a few DAZN exclusive shows (22 US events is way too much, considering their roster) fights and Bellator Europe and the prelims a good way to build the next prospect's. Showtime have shown European Boxing fights live, like Anthony Joshua before the DAZN deal, MVP-Daley could have been held In London. I also think Bellator had help in previous years, they used to follow TNA Wrestling and then old episodes of Cops, that both did bigger ratings.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...rger-could-be-a-few-months-away-insiders/amp/

And I dont see any other network under viacom that would help bellator any. If bellator gets moved to another viacom network I think it's only downhill from there.

As you know
CMT was the plan until DAZN came up with money

I think they’re doing the right things. They’re putting on good cards, building prospects, and growing internationally. Domestically, however, they are struggling. I think internationally they’re making strides though. It is a weird time for sure.

100%
Its a bad time for MMA interest as far as popularity, but a good time to secure guaranteed money in content distribution due to new streaming companies over-paying

Hmm.

Now that I've seen the others threads on the matter, maybe the viewership is troublesome.

That sucks.

I do believe Sumner Redstone, Viacom's 80% owner, purchased Bellator with the long term eye of putting some super Bellator shows on CBS, another Viacom property, with the hopes of having a weekend sports franchise to go along with the other sports on CBS. And it is known the Shari Redstone, Sumner's daughter wants to bring CBS back under the Viacom umbrella in order to do some cross promotions of shows and movies. Much like Disney with cross promotions with Marvel movies and television and with ESPN Family of Networks. No proof, but my belief is Viacom wanted to use Bellator on Spike later Paramount to grow it, get the numbers in the steady millions range and then bring their super Bellator shows to CBS about 4 times per year and grow that millions to 3 or 4 or 5 millions and have some of those numbers travel back to Spike now Paramount and do big things. But all plans don't go as plan. Such is the price of doing business.

Mir is known, thanks to the UFC and for Lesnar. His face is known to the US MMA fan that's for sure.
Cannot say he's mega popular, but recognition is already a good sign.

Chandler is extremely unknown and not marketed, considering the fact that he's supposed to be "Face of Bellator" is pathetic.
Coker sucks at marketing. At least sucked, seems like Hawaii event was a step in a right direction

Nobody gives a shit about either of those guys. Mir’s only relevancy was fighting Brock twice. I can’t imagine any casual fan tuning in to watch Frank Mir fight in Bellator. His performances have been awful for several years.

Chandler isn’t a draw either. He’s boring af and a couple of Dave & Busters commercials aren’t really going to put you on the map. Dull personality and he’s literally carried by fighting in his home town every other card he’s on. He’s not nearly as popular as you would think.

Bellator doesn’t really have much in the draw department but they have a few stars in the making like Pico if they can properly expose talent.

Back