Bellator 212 pulls 285k viewers

3rd bellator event in a row that failed to break 300k viewers. This has to be alarming.

Chandler and Mir namewise shoulda drawn more of an audience IMO but maybe after adjusted numbers it will be higher.

There has been a real lack of promotion for the recent cards maybe they prefer DAZN subscriptions over audience numbers?

giphy.gif

Dont know how true it is but according to Dizz Viacom might be looking to sell Bellator to DAZN.

It might make sense, Bellator is a dead property on Paramount, they went from doing consistent 600-800k to doing in the 200's and 300s. Something has to change, either change to another Viacom network that can help them grow or time to abandon ship and see what DAZN can offer.

Yo WME, open your checkbook and lets unify the sport once and for all.

Dont know how true it is but according to Dizz Viacom might be looking to sell Bellator to DAZN.

It might make sense, Bellator is a dead property on Paramount, they went from doing consistent 600-800k to doing in the 200's and 300s. Something has to change, either change to another Viacom network that can help them grow or time to abandon ship and see what DAZN can offer.

Wouldn't align with what Viacom is doing with Bellator overseas. Bellator ratings in America is alarming but how is the property doing on Viacom's other channels around the world? How about digitally? How are sponsors/advertisement?

With Kevin Kay out, it wouldn't surprise me if they sold Bellator, but at this point things can only go up. Expansion in other markets, growing talent, and a influx of cash from DAZN.

Wouldn't align with what Viacom is doing with Bellator overseas. Bellator ratings in America is alarming but how is the property doing on Viacom's other channels around the world? How about digitally? How are sponsors/advertisement?

With Kevin Kay out, it wouldn't surprise me if they sold Bellator, but at this point things can only go up. Expansion in other markets, growing talent, and a influx of cash from DAZN.

Think cash from DAZN is only thing keeping them alive imo. I'd be looking to dump it and you are right, Kay going is huge. He was the guy over there that made mma on Spike a thing.

Think cash from DAZN is only thing keeping them alive imo. I'd be looking to dump it and you are right, Kay going is huge. He was the guy over there that made mma on Spike a thing.

Add in that in May Viacom met with WME to bid on UFC TV rights in the states & then made the DAZN deal and they certainly might be looking to cut ties.

Sadly internet interest on the Saturday card was real bad (google, etc.)
A shame since Ilima-Lei MacFarlane is a star.
I would think if Bellator/Viacom were thinking longterm together regarding paramount, they would have put her on TV.

but 2019 should be the first money making year, so in that sense things look up.

Well, they have grossed about $25m in 2017 in total & lost money, so not that good.
But its a new era in MMA & streaming money is a key
They will make more from DAZN then they grossed in 2017

Don’t listen to JizzMMA. Dude is a fooking dumbass

3rd bellator event in a row that failed to break 300k viewers. This has to be alarming.

Not really they're on a network that never advertises the fights so anything over 150k is good for them

I don't know why I feel optimistic for Bellator in 2019.i don't have any insider info, just a guy feeling things will turn around for the better.

Nah. Many of us watch on DAZN. I haven't watched a single card on TV since the product was offered on DAZN, I can't be the only one.

I don't know why I feel optimistic for Bellator in 2019.i don't have any insider info, just a guy feeling things will turn around for the better.

DAZN is giving them 33 million reasons to be optimistic in 2019

Even with less interest they will have their best year ever
Same with UFC
Weird times

Last edited:

Dazn has the money and they would probably support bellator alot more than viacom at this point but do they want to get into the business of running an MMA promotion? If they do that would be great for Bellator but if they dont viacom has to be scratching their head on what to do with this business.

And I dont see any other network under viacom that would help bellator any. If bellator gets moved to another viacom network I think it's only downhill from there.

Chandler and Mir namewise shoulda drawn more of an audience IMO but maybe after adjusted numbers it will be higher.

There has been a real lack of promotion for the recent cards maybe they prefer DAZN subscriptions over audience numbers?
Don't think neither of these names are acknowledged by casuals. Sonnen and Fedor are heard off but that's about it.

I think they’re doing the right things. They’re putting on good cards, building prospects, and growing internationally. Domestically, however, they are struggling. I think internationally they’re making strides though. It is a weird time for sure.

Don't think neither of these names are acknowledged by casuals. Sonnen and Fedor are heard off but that's about it.

Mir is known, thanks to the UFC and for Lesnar. His face is known to the US MMA fan that's for sure.
Cannot say he's mega popular, but recognition is already a good sign.

Chandler is extremely unknown and not marketed, considering the fact that he's supposed to be "Face of Bellator" is pathetic.
Coker sucks at marketing. At least sucked, seems like Hawaii event was a step in a right direction

Back