Bellator 208: Fedor vs Sonnen 10/13, 6:30 PM ET Prelims/9 PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

Seemed to me chael got too excited when he got in a dominant positions and rushed advances and it obviously cost him. Entertaining rd imo

I agree he was like holy fuck what do I do now

Four major orgizations in boxing (IBF, WBO, WBC, and WBA). Held all four title at light welterweight, very very rare for a boxer to hold all four titles at the same time. P4P he's easily top 5, most would probably have him top 3

Just moved up to regular welterweight. If he can handle the weight difference there's lots of good matchups for him (him vs Errol Spence Jr or Keith Thurman would be nasty)
Tuned in now. Thank you for the info, makes this fight way more exciting. Good match so far.

Fedor still pretty explosive, he had a decent throw against Mir too
yeah, he has impressive hips.
But I think Bader can take him down and keep him down. 3 minutes of Bader on top with GnP is going to make Fedor tired.

Add to the collection. Getting caught vs Anderson 1 and the spinning elbow in Anderson 2.
dont forget his fight against tito, gave up position for a weak sub attempt. he easily should have won that silva fight, totally dominated that for 4 rounds then got lazy and his mind went elsewhere, and was winning against tito until he did that stupid move. he had no chance in this fight though

he still has wins over wanderlai, rampage and shogun, imagine if he had anderson and tito, that would be one of the best lists

There was some serious Ragdollage goin on. Kinda what you’d expect with a heavyweight fighting a guy arguably 2 classes beneath him.
But Sonnen’s frame size is just as big as Fedor’s, and he carries less body fat and probably more lean mass. So Chael may actually be the bigger guy naturally.

Have a fun and safe night guys.. Paramount running Creed into the ground. :eek:

Fuck Bellator LOL

I knew there was a reason I stopped watching this bush league bullshit.

mac-and-me-cliff.gif

Do you even UFC, bro?

Fedor won't have the gas to win against bader

Chael is the king of doing dumb shit and paying for it.
Did Chael take a dive? I don't know, it's not like he's heavy on the integrity or anything.

But I think you've got it more accurately here. Chael was hurt by Fedor early and went for something desperate, just like he did with the spinning shit against Silva.

Fun night of fights. Glad Fedor won, but Bader is probably going to finish him.

Always great to se Fedor win. I hope he works on his cardio before fighting Bader.

I also hope he'll follow Bader to the ground and punish him instead of letting him back up like he did with Chael. I didn't understand that strategy at all.

Sonnens stupid roll cost him this fight. Fedor was starting to tire. Just calm down and see how round 2 goes.

dont forget his fight against tito, gave up position for a weak sub attempt. he easily should have won that silva fight, totally dominated that for 4 rounds then got lazy and his mind went elsewhere, and was winning against tito until he did that stupid move. he had no chance in this fight though

he still has wins over wanderlai, rampage and shogun, imagine if he had anderson and tito, that would be one of the best lists

Except for Anderson, none of them were in their prime when he fought them. So a big nothingburger.

Back